February Exercise Challenge--Let's get moving and take care of our hearts!

two minutes of planks, fourty five minutes of walk/runs, ten minutes of stairs 57/1500

53 minutes walking/3 miles - not Tink pace - YET!

(Does running around to the mall, flower shop, etc. to prep 3 kids for tonight's winter formal count for any exercise?)

53/600

Wow, I am seeing a lot of yoga. Have to check it out. :thumbsup2

I got some sound advice on my plantar fasciitis, which includes no walking OR running.

It makes sense. My pain is under the ball of my big toe which was pointed out that it is where you "push off" with walking and running.

So stretching and pilates it is, starting TODAY!!! :yay:

I got some sound advice on my plantar fasciitis, which includes no walking OR running.

It makes sense. My pain is under the ball of my big toe which was pointed out that it is where you "push off" with walking and running.

MM--that's interesting. I went to physical therapy for p-f and I always understood it to be an arch and inside of the heel kind of problem. It is definitely fixable. :) Just takes time and patience. Downward facing dog is an excellent stretch for p-f. You can then "walk" your heals towards the ground in that position to gently stretch your calves. Ice is definitely your friend when you have p-f.

Ok so first day without a serious cold so I got up & headed to the gym. After a fantastic plyo & weight lifting workout I am finally on the road to my goal. Haha long road to go though...

75/1000

The Mystery Machine said:

Do you have a night splint? If not, they really make a big difference.

MM--that's interesting. I went to physical therapy for p-f and I always understood it to be an arch and inside of the heel kind of problem. It is definitely fixable. :) Just takes time and patience. Downward facing dog is an excellent stretch for p-f. You can then "walk" your heals towards the ground in that position to gently stretch your calves. Ice is definitely your friend when you have p-f.

I know, great isn't it? I just really dug into the internet to really figure this thing out and it is there and is common to have the pain there.

I do have a very very good comprehensive stretching book I bought awhile ago by Bob Anderson.

I just did the "plantar fasciitis" part, bascially stretching those areas and that took 30mins. Plus I have to do back stretches. I see only stretching for the month of Feb for me.;)

I am also going to look into biking, since dh's aunt recommended that as an alternative to walking. Swimming would be good as well as the elliptical. Might have to check out the YMCA and see how much it is. I know they have no joining fee right now.

No I do not have a "night splint" although the doc did mention that when I went in several months ago.

Do you need a prescription for it or can I buy it OTC?

Put me down for 30/280.:thumbsup2

2/1 70 minutes; strength & treadmill
2/2 120 minutes; spin class, boot camp and HIIT

Ya! My back is getting better and I'm getting back on track.:thumbsup2

Thanks for hosting us, Rose! :)

2/3- 30 min kickboxing and weights- 30/950

Last week was such a messed up week for my schedule. Hoping to get back on track this week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter