February 2021 W.I.S.H. - Being your own Fabulous Self

I’m a big believer in making small changes-especially when you start out and everything seems overwhelming.

I try to park a good distance from where I am shopping to add some steps.
I made a lot of little changes in the way I cook. I found 1/2lb of meat is enough in pasta dishes when I roast some vegetables (peppers, onions, mushrooms) and add that to the sauce. Meatless once a week (we like eggs for dinner!). Substituting cauliflower rice. And even before the pandemic, we started making the effort to eat out less-maybe once a week.

Small changes:

... adding more protein to my food choices to gradually shift what I am consuming instead of taking the eliminate everything path.
... sunrise is currently at 7am, so I can now stop at the beach for a quick 10-15 minute walk in the mornings instead of driving past.
... I can also do a short walk, even if just around the block, in the evenings.

The new grill came and it is bigger than I thought, but fits perfectly over two burners on the stove which is what I was hoping. Tonight I'll do some reading up on grilling times for different proteins, and then tomorrow night I'll do my first meal on it.

I've decided to take all of next week off. I'm going to add a second night to my hotel in Port Townsend, other than that I'll be taking on the project of striping down the room I use as an office, purging craft stuff, painting and really making this a proper office.

I've also decided to hire someone to come in and deep clean the house for me a couple times a month. If I can break the daily Starbucks habit that alone will pay for it, and the thought of having a clean sparkling house makes me happy. It'll be sometime in the summer before I do it, when I'll be more comfortable having someone in. I'm also going to hire out getting the yard/garden cleaned up. These choices are both part of learning how to work with the ADHD/Aspergers executive functions breakdowns.

Last edited:

I have recently made changes with breakfast. I have two eggs on 2 slices of Pepperidge Farm Very Thin Bread (3 pieces of bread = 1 slice of bread) and coffee. I cut back on the amount of sugar I put in my coffee and skip butter (Land o Lakes butter w/ canola oil) on my morning toast.

After school snack is now an Aloha protein bar instead of crackers or tortilla chips.

I'm sure I can find other ways to make changes. It is a great list, but as a "professional dieter," I have already done the majority of things on the list.

I used to eat mini muffins for breakfast/snack at school (my main breakfast being a shake at home) and changed that to 2 hard boiled eggs.

I used to drink a lot of soda. But not I drink a lot of water. For the month of January, I gave up soda and alcohol. I haven’t had a lot this month either. But I’m going to try to skip it again for the month of March. Instead I drank a lot of water and as a treat, I had a Bai.

I also started walking more in addition to my workouts. Walking around the school has been a good small change for me.

I like the idea of substituting cauliflower rice. I try to substitute brown rice. But I’ve found us eating more rice recently. So switching to cauliflower rice sometimes would be beneficial!

I’m going back to my cottage cheese, fruit, almonds breakfast.

I did walk today & hope to add this back to my routine.

Happy things today... my sophomore daughter placed at regionals for her artwork with a perfect score ❤ And my K son got to ‘ring the bell’ in class for completing/knowing his 100 sight words list 💙 so proud of them both 🥰

I can take on that first March week too if I did not miss someone taking it👍

So I bought some almond milk and substituted it for the tablespoon-ish of half and half I put on my oatmeal in the morning. Not nearly as delicious, but pretty sure I can live with it! That's a nice, small change. And I didn't have a tummy ache later in the morning, so I am wondering if maybe I do have a slight issue with dairy. I just can't figure it out! I suppose I should just give it up, but cheese is so yummy!

I was thinking today that I cannot wait until the twins go back to their mom and there is no more bread in the house! Before they arrived DH and I hardly had it, now it seems like we eat it morning, noon and night! The things we do to keep growing little ones going. Oh, yes, I know that I don't have to have it around...but it so so easy and fast to prepare that it makes my life so much more simple. I think there'd be a revolt if I took away their mini bagel and nutella for breakfast!

Woohoo...
... had a really good/easy adjustment yesterday.

... I've been eating much better this week, and have had a simple protein and green salad for dinner Mon/Tues nights as planned.
... I'm sleeping much better, I think partly due to eating better but also because of the emotional work being done. And I've been having some pretty vivid dreams which hasn't happened for quite a while.
... I have next week off! At first this was just a must-do for mental health, but last night I started to get a bit excited about it. I made plans to have lunch with my Niece Thurs and we're also going to go for a walk/hike.

This month I have cut down on my pop. I will drink in on the weekend but only after I have at least 20 oz of water.

I’m going back to my cottage cheese, fruit, almonds breakfast.

I did walk today & hope to add this back to my routine.

Happy things today... my sophomore daughter placed at regionals for her artwork with a perfect score ❤ And my K son got to ‘ring the bell’ in class for completing/knowing his 100 sight words list 💙 so proud of them both 🥰

I can take on that first March week too if I did not miss someone taking it👍

Congrats to your kids. Those are huge accomplishments. Sight words with DD was a night mare I had to get creative to get her to do them.

And I didn't have a tummy ache later in the morning, so I am wondering if maybe I do have a slight issue with dairy. I just can't figure it out! I suppose I should just give it up, but cheese is so yummy!

It took me a long time to figure this one out. I have been drinking almond milk for about a year now and use it in everything but in a sauce that needs to be thickened. It has helped a lot. My issue is also giving u cheese. I did for about a year and my stomach was so much better. I am pretty good now still but I will eat some stuff with cheese here and there. Though the pandemic has not helped with this. I swear I thought at the beginning I could everything I wanted and it wouldn't affect me knowing full well it would.

My Woohoo is I am down 1.8 pounds since the beginning of the month and I am on track to finish my 60 minutes on average a day this month. Thankfully I had a bunch of banked time from the beginning of the month. It helped keep me on track after this weekend not getting in a bunch of time.

It’s sunny and warmer today-I actually sat on my half snow covered deck with a cup of tea this morning! Planning to walk after lunch. I have leftovers or meals planned for the rest of the week so I can stay out of the grocery store!

Oneanne, your vacation sounds wonderful. Getting away is so good for your mental health! My husband gets his second vaccine Monday and two days later we’re off to the beach.

Woohoo - the sun is shining and the temps are a little warmer! I just went for a walk around my school, which I haven’t done since last Wednesday!

Woohoo - it’s Wednesday! This is proving to be a very long week!!! It’s the only week this month that we haven’t had any virtual days due to snow!

Woohoo - I’m continuing my workouts and am feeling strong! I’m mostly maintaining my weight this month (it’s been going up about a pound or so and then back down each week).

WOO HOO!

It's Wednesday remote day. I had the afternoon to catch up on trainings that I was behind on, and no kids with cooties.

It was sunny and a balmy 53 degrees today...spring is definitely in my sights.

DH & I are in the next group for vaccines beginning in March...me through school, and him because of his age. (DD is very upset because CT is doing it by age groups and ignoring all those with health issues. I'm worried about her because she can't get it until May...praying it won't be the Johnson & Johnson.)

WOO HOO!

It's Wednesday remote day. I had the afternoon to catch up on trainings that I was behind on, and no kids with cooties.

It was sunny and a balmy 53 degrees today...spring is definitely in my sights.

DH & I are in the next group for vaccines beginning in March...me through school, and him because of his age. (DD is very upset because CT is doing it by age groups and ignoring all those with health issues. I'm worried about her because she can't get it until May...praying it won't be the Johnson & Johnson.)
That is very good news! I really think more vaccines are going to be released as the weeks go on. One suggestion for your daughter-we had a friend go to a location a little before closing and within a week was able to get vaccinated because of no shows. This was in Virginia, but maybe a nearby pharmacy or medical center in your area?
Honestly, my friends and I update each other and stalk websites like we used to do for rock concerts. It’s stressful at times, but when someone gets lucky we feel like lottery winners!

Woo hoo!

Beautiful weather!

I finished birthday prep for my 6yo tomorrow- this will be our official dinner & presents since the winter storm left us without all around.

My husband did get his 2nd vaccine yesterday! Last night & today were super rough for him but I’m excited he’s covered... even if it gave him this rotten day.

*We have locations that will take people at days end for vaccine too... they try to exhaust & call in from waitlist but if it’s closing & any is left- fair game.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter