February 2021 W.I.S.H. - Being your own Fabulous Self

Ok... little maintenance question. Posting pics for this next week since I’m ‘hosting’- how does that work? Just the photo attachment on posting or is it better to use an image hosting site? I haven’t been -as involved- on forums before 😬 Sorry for my lack skills 🤦‍♀️

Checking in... thankful it’s Friday! How is that?! I ignored all that I normally do to keep us in check to put together a resume- as a SAHM 😂 Y’all... it was deflating. I do so much yet... yep, doesn’t look great for entry into the job world. That’s ok. Need to start somewhere.

This weekend is easy & home & nada ❤ I’m thrilled for the lazy time at home with fam.

Everyone has their own preferences but I struggle w/o my meds. I definitely don’t take everyday but when I’m tasking & need to be present... it is so helpful. My fam practice prescribes... some do. Some do not. Worth a chat if that strikes you as helpful.
We talked about meds, my preference is to try the other things first. It is reassuring to hear they work for you so thanks for sharing that.

Ok... little maintenance question. Posting pics for this next week since I’m ‘hosting’- how does that work? Just the photo attachment on posting or is it better to use an image hosting site? I haven’t been -as involved- on forums before 😬 Sorry for my lack skills 🤦‍♀️
I also use copy/paste. Sometimes I have to paste into a word doc and then copy from there, I think that's mostly with my own photos.

OK, don't know how y'all are doing the circle-your-answer things, so here's mine written out:

CRT or BOG... if those are the only choices CRT. I've gone twice and had lovely meals both times, kind of so-so about BOG where I think I've also eaten twice.

Big Thunder... it's the roller that got me to liking rollers. One of my favorite trip memories is riding it during MNSSHP, so at night in my costume which had a tutu that filled the car.

Peter Pan... one of my all time favorites, when else am I ever going to fly over London at such low altitude?

Crystal Palace or Plaza... haven't been to either in ages. During an early trip I went to Crystal Palace thinking it would be a nice cool respite but of course it was crawling with screaming kids. I went into kind of a comma (probably an aspergers sensory overload) and when Pooh came by he just patted me on the head and gave me a hug. I always imagine that if he could talk he would have said something like "I feel you girl friend."

Gaston's or Main Street... well, Mainstreet is Starbucks so I think we all know the answer to that question. Altho I do love to sit outside of Gaston's and watch him work during his meet-and-greets, what a hoot.

Peco's Bills... Peco's Bills and Harbor House are my preferred Quick Service, oh and the Nutella and Fruit Waffle at Sleepy Hollow.

The night shows... I'll try to catch whatever is happening once per trip but I'm not emotionally attached to any of them.

Pirates or HM... I love me some Pirates, even tho they are smelly and swear a lot.

I have only done BOG for breakfast-we haven’t done CRT in over 20 years! But my daughter loved it. Having a grandson, it never seemed a priority to revisit.

7 Dwarves Mine Train-unfortunately Thunder Mountain Railroad is too rough for me now.

Peter Pan-when it’s 90+ degrees outside it feels so cool and relaxing.

We love the Crystal Palace for breakfast before the park opens-and it’s so pretty inside. Haven’t been in the Plaza for years but remember enjoying ice cream there.

Gaston’s-as Oneanne said watching the character interaction is fun!

Casey’s Corner because of the location and I really like hotdogs!

I have only stayed once in the past several years for the evening fireworks because of the crowds, but a couple years ago we did a dessert party and watched from an enclosure-it was Happily Ever After, I believe-I’m so glad we did it!

I have such good memories of riding Pirates and Haunted Mansion with my daughter and then my grandson. The look on a child’s face on their first or even second and third ride is just priceless! So it’s hard to choose, but probably Pirates. I think I see something new every time we ride.

I attach files when using my iPhone, and copy/paste when using my MacBook.

Also clueless on how to circle the answers, but I'm on my MacBook right now. Maybe I could figure it out on my iPhone.

Anyway, Cinderella's Royal Table is DD's and my favorite breakfast spot, and we have eaten there every trip but one when we tried Akershus, which was quite the disappointment in comparison to CRT. We are big time princess lovers...my favorite is Cinderella, and hers is Aurora.

I'm not a roller coaster fan, but I really don't enjoy Big Thunder Mountain because of being banged around...maybe if the seats had more cushioning. The one and only time I rode 7 Dwarves Mine Train, I screamed in terror throughout the entire ride. So...neither.

Peter Pan and It's a Small World are my favorite rides so choosing is really hard...but if I am pushed, I will say Peter Pan with It's a Small World coming in a very close 2nd.

Even though Crystal Palace is a totally kid-filled place, we just love Pooh and Friends so much. Again, a must-do every trip. We have never been to the Plaza Restaurant.

I have a major sweet tooth, so Main Street Bakery. I'm not a beer drinker...wine and fruity cocktails are more my speed.

I like hot dogs, but every time we have been to Casey's Corner, it has been chaotic with no seating...not my idea of fun. I have never been to Pecos Bills, but the menu looks good. I would try something new rather than return to Casey's. Sitting upstairs at the Harbor House is where we eat if we are eating in that area of MK.

I'm not a fan of crowds, so it has been years since we watched fireworks in the parks. We usually watch from our resort, Cali Grill, Narcoossee's, or a fireworks cruise. Even though we don't see the projections on the castle, I will always choose fireworks over a parade, making Happily Ever After the winner.

Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion are also favorites which are basically a tie for me, but I will choose Pirates of the Caribbean with Haunted Mansion a close 2nd.

It's fun to think of Magic Kingdom because it is my favorite park...we go 4 times in one week. It's a little bittersweet knowing that it could be years before we return.

Last edited:
I’m really going to miss our Crystal Palace breakfast to start our next trip 🙁 We are set for a pretty big trip Jul 10-18. No plans on canceling... super excited even if we just stay at resorts most of the time. I look at airfare periodically... I saw a last minute for $35 😱 earlier this week! Wanted to pretend the world wasn’t crazy & book it right then for a quick getaway... sadly 😷

If it is a picture saved on my PC or phone, I use this button:
It brings me to the next step (On the PC, it says "drop image or click here" and the phone asks if I want to take a picture of use one from my library.)

A couple of tips:
If you're on a phone, they seem to default to landscape/horizontal format, even if the picture was taken in portrait/vertical. - The quick fix is to crop the pic a tiny bit beforehand. Then it posts right side up.

My phone also lets me choose the size. I usually go with "medium" rather than original.

OK, don't know how y'all are doing the circle-your-answer things

I took a screen-shot of the original. (On my iPhone, that's pressing the wake and volume up buttons at the same time. But different phones are different.)

Then I clicked edit, and the three little dots to get to "Markup". That allows me to draw on the picture, then I save it by clicking "Done".

If it is a picture saved on my PC or phone, I use this button:
View attachment 559482
It brings me to the next step (On the PC, it says "drop image or click here" and the phone asks if I want to take a picture of use one from my library.)

A couple of tips:
If you're on a phone, they seem to default to landscape/horizontal format, even if the picture was taken in portrait/vertical. - The quick fix is to crop the pic a tiny bit beforehand. Then it posts right side up.

My phone also lets me choose the size. I usually go with "medium" rather than original.

I took a screen-shot of the original. (On my iPhone, that's pressing the wake and volume up buttons at the same time. But different phones are different.)

Then I clicked edit, and the three little dots to get to "Markup". That allows me to draw on the picture, then I save it by clicking "Done".
Thanks for the tutorial.

I just looked again 🙈 $35 still for flights for my birthday wkend in Apr 😬 Dare I go ahead & do a wkend w my oldest? I owe her a trip + it would be good for us I think. Dh says go for it. Even if we just do Disney Springs & resort? Riviera & Saratoga have spots open. 🤔

I just looked again 🙈 $35 still for flights for my birthday wkend in Apr 😬 Dare I go ahead & do a wkend w my oldest? I owe her a trip + it would be good for us I think. Dh says go for it. Even if we just do Disney Springs & resort? Riviera & Saratoga have spots open. 🤔
Saratoga has just been refurbished but my daughter and family looked at Riviera last summer and were really impressed. Pool area is beautiful. And it’s a new resort so everything looks so nice. Tough call!

It’s Self Care Sunday!
What is something new you started doing during the pandemic to take care of yourself?

One of the things I started to do early in the pandemic as part of my self care was listening to podcasts. Brene Brown’s Ted Talks were some of my first. Here is a link to some great self care podcasts including hers.
https://peak-careers.com/ted-talks-self-care/When we first shut down the schools about a year ago, I felt cooped up in the house doing online teaching all day. So during my breaks, I would do one of two things: go for a bike ride or lay on my lounge chair in the sun. During each of these, I would listen to either uplifting music or a podcast. I started with Ted Talks and education-related podcasts. Then I mixed in some Disney podcasts for fun. More recently I started listening to Proverbs 31 podcasts while going for short walks. They all help me to reset my mind as well as get outside!

What is something new you started doing during the pandemic to take care of yourself?

Mostly, it's that I've used the quiet time to notice what works for me / what I really need. I've figured out where in my schedule things work best (and why) and I've been a lot better about realizing what's actually bothering me when I just feel "off," so I can fix it more quickly.

Oh, and flavored coffee creamer :laughing:. - DH and I used to only buy it at Christmastime, but now we get it every week. It's a tiny thing, but it makes a regular daily moment feel special.

I started listening to more music-classical, smooth jazz. I have become a big fan of Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra and other big band singers. At 5:00 I put out a few snacks, make a drink and catch up with my husband on his day. Now that I’m back in weight loss mode, it’s carrots and celery with a glass of La Croix (I have a martini only on Friday!) but still relaxing. We were watching too much news and now we don’t turn it on until 6:30.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter