February 10, 2007 7-Day Western Who's coming?

OK...you guys are doing MUCH better than we are! I am not madly trying to go ahead and take off work on Thursday to try and get this all done! I just know I am forgetting something major...well, I guess I have 3 days to figure it out!!

Stumbled on to this board while researching our cruise. We are first time cruisers, Disney or otherwise. Wife and I are 38. Son is 12. Daughter is 8. Very excited about the cruise. We have a couple excursions planned. Dolphin Encounter in Cozumel and Submarine Tour in Grand Cayman. We were going to do the glass bottom boat tour in Key West, but with all the rain they've had and are projected to have, we're assuming the water will be too murky for the tour to be any good.

Couldn't get Palo reservations since we just booked the cruise last month. (I'm military, and couldn't plan out my leave any further than that with the job I have.) Does Palo save some reservations for people to book when then get on board, or do they all go online? We are coming from Tampa and plan to get to the port early to increase our chances of getting Palo reservations, but if it's not even an option, we won't hurry.

We are second seating for dinner. Got upgraded from Cat 10 room to Cat 8 room on Deck 5 which is what we wanted originally, but wasn't available at the military rate.

Look forward to meeting some folks. See you in four days!

Stumbled on to this board while researching our cruise. We are first time cruisers, Disney or otherwise. Wife and I are 38. Son is 12. Daughter is 8. Very excited about the cruise. We have a couple excursions planned. Dolphin Encounter in Cozumel and Submarine Tour in Grand Cayman. We were going to do the glass bottom boat tour in Key West, but with all the rain they've had and are projected to have, we're assuming the water will be too murky for the tour to be any good.

Couldn't get Palo reservations since we just booked the cruise last month. (I'm military, and couldn't plan out my leave any further than that with the job I have.) Does Palo save some reservations for people to book when then get on board, or do they all go online? We are coming from Tampa and plan to get to the port early to increase our chances of getting Palo reservations, but if it's not even an option, we won't hurry.

We are second seating for dinner. Got upgraded from Cat 10 room to Cat 8 room on Deck 5 which is what we wanted originally, but wasn't available at the military rate.

Look forward to meeting some folks. See you in four days!

Welcome Spike and family! Lots of kids your kids' ages in the group. Stop by the DIS meet after the safety drill and before the sail away part on deck 10 above the adult pool. It'll be nice for the kids to meet so when they go to the clubs there is a familiar face!

We're also second seating--at least that's what we requested!

As for Palo I understand they do hold back reservations. When we check in we get a Welcome Aboard sheet that lists where the Palo reservations are being taken--generally Rockin' Bar D. I would suggest you go directly to Rockin' Bar D, do not pass the buffet, go directly there!!! You shouldn't have a problem. We booked our last cruise last minute also and didn't even board the ship until around 3pm. While we didn't get Palo reservations immediately upon boarding, we put ourselves on the wait list and were called later that night. Good luck!

I called them today and they are expect to be open "probably from 10 to 3" on this Sunday. Apparently it is a seasonal thing.

Ocean Breeze - Thanks for the welcome and the info. So, the DIS meet is above the adult pool on Deck 10. Check. My family will be the one with the most gorgeous red-headed, eight year old girl you've ever seen. :-)

That was the plan, to head to the Rockin Bar D straight away. Are they open when they first let people on the boat?

Look forward to meeting you and your family on the boat. Do you have kids? I'm sorry, I haven't made it through all 46 pages of this thread yet...:surfweb: :)

Ocean Breeze - Thanks for the welcome and the info. So, the DIS meet is above the adult pool on Deck 10. Check. My family will be the one with the most gorgeous red-headed, eight year old girl you've ever seen. :-)

That was the plan, to head to the Rockin Bar D straight away. Are they open when they first let people on the boat?

Look forward to meeting you and your family on the boat. Do you have kids? I'm sorry, I haven't made it through all 46 pages of this thread yet...:surfweb: :)

Geez...I don't know why not?!! There's only 46 pages on this thread and 1,000s of pages of other stuff!:rotfl:

Yes, we have one son who is 11. There are also three or four other 11-year-old boys, so they'll be plenty of familiar faces for them in the clubs!

Love red hair--looking forward to meeting the little miss!

Glad I'm not the only newbie here. Just a little more info on my family: I'm Jeanne :cutie: and I'll turn 38 on Sunday, DH Is Mike :woohoo: (37), DD Jayden is 9 :hippie: , DS Seth is 7 pirate: (any other 7-year old boys out there?), DS Luke is 4:banana: and DD Lily is 18 months princess: We live in Sandy, Utah (just south of Salt Lake City). (But DH was born in Toronto for all you Canadians out there!) We will definitely be buying new pins for our collections, but not sure if we'll bring any to trade, maybe a couple of Disneyland ones. The kids love it!

jham -- We are in cabin 8016 which I think is directly across the hall from you. My name is Shannon (37) DH Brian (38) , DS Spencer (11) and DD Madison (8). My daughter would love to make some more friends as she is a little on the shy side.

jham -- We are in cabin 8016 which I think is directly across the hall from you. My name is Shannon (37) DH Brian (38) , DS Spencer (11) and DD Madison (8). My daughter would love to make some more friends as she is a little on the shy side.

Sounds great! Jayden is definitely not shy, so there should be no trouble with intros. I'll tell her about Madison. She'll be excited and we'll plan to be there at the meet on deck 10 if we don't see you in the hallway first!

Welcome to the new cruisers . . . DD keeps hoping for more 11 year old girls, but we keep getting 8 and 9 yr olds. . . . oh well . . . She is getting worried she will be in the Labs with all boys!!! :)

Time is counting down! Not enough hours . . .and here I am spending time on the internet . . . :surfweb: Need to take a break . . . ! Packing almost done, but a lot of wrapping up of lose ends, like door signs, address label stickers, loading mp3s, haircuts, etc. not to mention way to much wrap up at work . . . Don't they know my head is already in a Key West State of Mind? I don't remember being this excited about a trip in a long time. I think I really need this vaction!!!

Welcome to the new cruisers . . . DD keeps hoping for more 11 year old girls, but we keep getting 8 and 9 yr olds. . . . oh well . . . She is getting worried she will be in the Labs with all boys!!! :)

Time is counting down! Not enough hours . . .and here I am spending time on the internet . . . :surfweb: Need to take a break . . . ! Packing almost done, but a lot of wrapping up of lose ends, like door signs, address label stickers, loading mp3s, haircuts, etc. not to mention way to much wrap up at work . . . Don't they know my head is already in a Key West State of Mind? I don't remember being this excited about a trip in a long time. I think I really need this vaction!!!
hinsok1 -- Madison is really excited to meet Kat. She really enjoys getting e-mails from some girls. It makes her feel important. We will try to make the meet after the boat drill.

hinsok1 -- Madison is really excited to meet Kat. She really enjoys getting e-mails from some girls. It makes her feel important. We will try to make the meet after the boat drill.

Kat is also excited . . . We have really kept her on task to finish her project this week, so we kept forgetting to reply to Madison's last email. She has a big project due the day after we come back, so I insisted it be done by today! She tends to procrastinate!

She is bummed that she will not be in the same section of the Lab as most of the girls on this thread. . . and is at that age that she did not want to email the boys . . . that was one complaint we read about in the Passporter book . . .the groups were almost broken up into two small of groups . . . I think the 10-12 are together and the 8-9 are together . . .

We plan to be at the meet! I can't wait to put some names and faces together! It will be weird not to think of people by their screen name!

Kat is also excited . . . We have really kept her on task to finish her project this week, so we kept forgetting to reply to Madison's last email. She has a big project due the day after we come back, so I insisted it be done by today! She tends to procrastinate!

She is bummed that she will not be in the same section of the Lab as most of the girls on this thread. . . and is at that age that she did not want to email the boys . . . that was one complaint we read about in the Passporter book . . .the groups were almost broken up into two small of groups . . . I think the 10-12 are together and the 8-9 are together . . .

We plan to be at the meet! I can't wait to put some names and faces together! It will be weird not to think of people by their screen name!
I think you can ask if she can be moved down to the 8-9 group. I have heard of this before. I was really surprised to see the groups broken in 2 year increments. If we don't meet at the meet, our room number is 8016. Please call or come by. I hear you with the project. Spencer had a HUGE history day project due 3 weeks ago, and we spent 3 months working on. It was HUGE relief to get it completed. We just got Kat's response and Madison will respond in the morning.

Is there a DIS meet on board? I tried to look back but couldn't find it. I think I remember reading about one. Fourty-six hours till the limo comes!!! Today is my last day of work...yippee. DD woke up kind of stuffy this am:sick: hope it's nothing too serious. Hope to see you all soon:banana:

Good Morning Cruisers!!!!

Is everyone getting excited???? :cool1: Who's all packed and ready to go?? :drive:

I've found out that we're going to be on the 5th floor ALL the way in the aft of the ship... but that's OK cause we'll burn off all those yummy goodies walking back there, hehe.

What time is everyone arriving to the port?

Is there a DIS meet on board? I tried to look back but couldn't find it. I think I remember reading about one. Fourty-six hours till the limo comes!!! Today is my last day of work...yippee. DD woke up kind of stuffy this am:sick: hope it's nothing too serious. Hope to see you all soon:banana:

Meeting will be on the first day after the lifeboat drill on the deck above the adult pool. I can't remember if we said aft or starboard. I think we said by the Captain Mickey in the atrium if the weather was bad. Anyone else remember? Just look for the large group milling around. I'm sure John and his wife will be in their swimsuits since they are doing the back to back cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter