February 10, 2007 7-Day Western Who's coming?

Hope everyone had a safe trip back! I don't know if I got to the meet early or late but I got to meet Kim and her family(Hinsoki1), Deb and her family(Ocean Breeze), John and Mary(Joksten2000), Woody and his wife(Wakcherw), and Jenn and her family(4DuncansFromCanada). My cousin Donna ran into a woman named Danielle that had broken her leg on Friday right before the cruise but she didn't know if it was PoohBearNTigger2. I'm hoping not but could someone post if they know. This woman said she was a the pool and pulling her son out and fell. I just can't imagine.
Ok, I also need to do a blanket apoligy to anyone the had to deal with my sister in law. It's funny because I kept starting a post, before we left, to apoligize in advance for anyone that would have to deal with her. You know how there is always one in the family that everyone kinds of cringes when that person enters the room? Well that is my DSIL. I spent half the cruise going back to places we had just been to apoligize to CMs and waitstaff. To anyone that had to witness her behavior I apoligize on behalf of my family/friends. We were all humilated and embarrassed by her behavior.
On a better not...my best friend's husband was chosen for the John Travolta dance contest and my cousin Donna was chosen for the Gloria Gainer dance contest. We had so much fun. My best friend and her husband were chosen for Match Your Mate and so was her DMIL and DFIL. We just had the best time. I hope everyone else had a good time and got back safe. Sorry I didn't get to meet everyone.

Hi! It's me Danielle - no broken leg here! WOW that poor lady. I missed the meeting alltogether it was so crowded by the time we got up there and my daughter was in such a rush to explore the ship. I would have loved to meet everyone. The weather was just perfect. We got soo sunburned at Grand Cayman and we reapplied the sunscreen several times and it still got us! I have a question that has been bugging me (and an ongoing debate with my daughter) My daughter swears Steve Irwin's wife and children were on the ship. Were they? I must have said "um OK sure I beleive you" all throughout the trip! I told her it was probably just a rumor and not to beleive everything she hears blah blah but know I am curious if anyone else heard the rumor too! Hope everyone had a safe trip back - saw several people at the airport that were supposed to fly Jet Blue and they cancelled several flights with no explaination so I hope that wasn't any of you with cancelled flights. Looking forward to hearing how everyone enjoyed their trip.

Danielle

Sooo glad it wasn't you. Yea Teri Irwin and her family were onboard. I tried to get a picture but didn't want to intrude. I got burned to a crisp in Grand Caymans and we were only on the beach for 1 hour. Then we went snorkeling in Cozumel and I really got fried. I was in tears that night and I am a fananic about applying sunscreen (spf 45). My bathing suit kept riding up while we were snorkeling so my rear got the worst of it. :rolleyes1 I kept putting on Aloe to help the pain but it didn't help. My daughter's boyfriend went and bought some Solorcaine with pain relief from the ship's store and that stuff was a godsend. He really got the brownie points for that move. :thumbsup2 That stuff worked instantly and numbed it all. My best friend also gets extreme brownie points for spraying me as the spray bottle doesn't work upside down. She really took one for the team.:lmao:

We actually were seated next to the Irwins at dinner. It took us until almost all the way through dinner the first night to realize that it was them. My wife finally put it together. They were very nice. Terri was very reserved, but Bindi was extremely friendly and polite. She is the same age as my daughter and they hit it off fairly well. They spent some time on Thursday playing together at the Mickey pool. Robert was hilarious. Very outgoing and articulate for a three year old. Cute kid. Just reinforced my opinion of Steve seeing such well-behaved, "normal" kids.

Everyone have a fun, safe trip? Any interesting stories to tell that don't involve my family/friends? :rotfl2:

Just got back this evening . . . It was as warm in Minneapolis when we landed as it was at WDW yesterday! That is just wrong!!!!

It was great to meet those that we did. Wish we could have met more of you . . . oh well. Everyone had a great time. DD (10) actually said "Mom, thank you so much for taking us on this trip . . . " at leat 5 times through out the trip! Amazing!!!

Did WDW yesterday . . . 17 hours and three parks!! What a day. Rolled in around 2:30 a.m. Other than freezing our _ off, it was the best time ever at WDW!!!! Had to be up to meet the in-laws for breakfast at 7:30, then was picked up for the airport at 9:30 . . . I am wiped!!!!

Will write more tomorrow. I need sleep!!!!

Hello to All!!!

I'm so sorry that my Mom and I did not get a chance to meet you all!! I didn't realize til we were at dinner that we missed the meeting time (we ran right in and made reservations for Palo Brunch, added on excursions, etc). I hope you all had a wonderful cruise!!!!!!!!!

Terri and Bob Irwin were on one of our excursions in Grand Cayman, and then the family sat in front of us at "Disney Dreams". It's so refreshing to see how "normal" she is... no body guards, normal clothes, normal attitude. My Mom and I both said several prayers for her and her family!

Not to brag, but I think we had the absolute best server on the entire ship! :cool1: I wish I could have stuffed him in my suitcase and brought him home with me!! HAHA!!! Here's my mom and I with Erwin, our Assistant Server, and Ever-Lee, our Server.
l_9e2cbab48387036ccc372b1502b97dd6.jpg

Just got back this evening . . . It was as warm in Minneapolis when we landed as it was at WDW yesterday! That is just wrong!!!!

It was great to meet those that we did. Wish we could have met more of you . . . oh well. Everyone had a great time. DD (10) actually said "Mom, thank you so much for taking us on this trip . . . " at leat 5 times through out the trip! Amazing!!!

Did WDW yesterday . . . 17 hours and three parks!! What a day. Rolled in around 2:30 a.m. Other than freezing our _ off, it was the best time ever at WDW!!!! Had to be up to meet the in-laws for breakfast at 7:30, then was picked up for the airport at 9:30 . . . I am wiped!!!!

Will write more tomorrow. I need sleep!!!!

Glad you had a good time but I don't know how you did it.:confused3 We drove home to NC (8 hours) and I felt like it was the longest drive ever. Of course on the way to Fl everyone was happy and excited and coming back everyone was depressed it was over. One of my friends caught that cough that was going around the ship and shared the wealth. I'm still fighting to not get it. I came back to work yesterday and everyone sounds like they are trying to cough up a lung. This was my 3rd Disney Cruise and it was definitely the best. I still am waiting for Lewis and Ali to show up and cook dinner.

Hello to All!!!

I'm so sorry that my Mom and I did not get a chance to meet you all!! I didn't realize til we were at dinner that we missed the meeting time (we ran right in and made reservations for Palo Brunch, added on excursions, etc). I hope you all had a wonderful cruise!!!!!!!!!

Terri and Bob Irwin were on one of our excursions in Grand Cayman, and then the family sat in front of us at "Disney Dreams". It's so refreshing to see how "normal" she is... no body guards, normal clothes, normal attitude. My Mom and I both said several prayers for her and her family!

Not to brag, but I think we had the absolute best server on the entire ship! :cool1: I wish I could have stuffed him in my suitcase and brought him home with me!! HAHA!!! Here's my mom and I with Erwin, our Assistant
Server, and Ever-Lee, our Server.

l_9e2cbab48387036ccc372b1502b97dd6.jpg

Welcome home! I know what you mean about running around. Did your mom have a good time? What excursions did you end up doing? I know what you mean about the servers also. I don't think our assistant server ever slept. We would see him at dinner and then first thing at Topsider.

My mom absolutely loved DCL, and actually we plan to go on another cruise in the fall... this time as a family with my brother and dad (neither could get away for this past one). We just have to decide if we want to do the Eastern or the Western...

The excursions we did were...
Key West - the Key West Walking Tour
Grand Cayman - We snorkeled (reef & shipwreck) and did the Island Tour that included the butterfly farm.
Cozumel - We went to the Punta Sur Ecological park.
We didn't have anything picked out for Castaway, which worked out good because we just walked around the island all day pretty much.

We also did Palo Brunch and Wine Tasting on Monday, and the Tropical Rainforest Room at the Vista Spa on Thursday.

On our next cruise we're definitely going to dress up more for Pirate Night (hopefully they won't be getting rid of that anytime soon!). Some people had some really elaborate and awesome costumes!!!!!!!!!! I must say that Captain Jack looked rather yummy!!! And he interacted so well with the kids!

l_307df81af004b91323664e9fdf347e38.jpg

Luckily we didn't get any of the bugs that were going around the ship!! We took Airborne at least once a day, and kept some Purel with us at all times. You can never be too safe!!!!!!!!!!

Please continue to share your stories of the cruise! It's fun reading about everyone's experiences!!

Did any Crew Members make a big impact on you/your family??

Well, I did my best in trying to video Twice Charmed (they let me stand in the unused spot box right as you enter house left). Of course, trying to get it while the ship is rocking and zooming that far forward...well, it may be a little rocky!

Of course, if anyone got any good shots of the show (or even the other shows with my sis) I would love copies!!!! And if you got any videos, that would be great too!!

Sorry I didnt get to meet everyone!

We had a wonderful time! I actually think that we had the best server, Subhash. When he figured out that I like wine, he brought me all of these wonderful ones to try each night at dinner. We had our own wine tasting excursion each and every day. I should have just bought the wine package! This was our 3rd Disney cruise and definitely the best so far. We ended up booking the same week next year along with our dinner mates for the week. We even booked a 3 night in Sept. to get us through until next Feb! I realized at the sail away party that I missed the meet, so sorry about that. I will try to do better next year. Did anyone else rebook while on board? I just transfered my ressies to Dreams and got even more shipboard credits so that I can afford to drink more while onboard. And shop! And buy pictures! So much to spend...so little money left! I can't wait to go back!

Laura

Please tell your sister that we throughly enjoyed the shows! My DDs can't stop talking about how great they were! --even our 2 1/2 year old! She should be really proud of what a special contribution she has made to the special memories we will cherish for years to come!--Now if we could just get Disney to sell a DVD with the shows on it so we could relive the magic--It would really help tie us over 'til our next voyage!

Please tell your sister that we throughly enjoyed the shows! My DDs can't stop talking about how great they were! --even our 2 1/2 year old! She should be really proud of what a special contribution she has made to the special memories we will cherish for years to come!--Now if we could just get Disney to sell a DVD with the shows on it so we could relive the magic--It would really help tie us over 'til our next voyage!

I have passed along the message via instant message directly to the Magic...:-)

I love when I am talking to people live on the ship, it makes me wish I was still laying out on the comfy deck 4 chairs listening to the water at night....ahhhhhhh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!