Favorite DVC resort to own and why?

Leahc117

Mouseketeer
I own 150 Riviera points and find myself browsing the resale listings. I’m sort of new to Disney and new to RIV so interested in hearing about fav resorts to own at. I admit I am a bit disappointed in resort availability at 7 mo- (whether a covid thing or not I don’t know.) and thought I would have the opportunity to check out all of the DVC resorts. Now I’m thinking of buying a 2nd contract. Tell me what you love about your home resort!!

7 months out from now is always a very busy season for DVC and can be tough especially if you're looking at studios. There are also a lot extra points floating around right now. That being said, we've been able to stay at most resorts in the past few years as various times of the year.

I own at AKV which is a vacation of it's own. We love the resort and the opportunity to book value and club level rooms really require owning there.

Sorry for my ignorance- the excitement over the club level is that you get to eat and drink all day long in the “club”? Are they all savanna view as well?

Sorry for my ignorance- the excitement over the club level is that you get to eat and drink all day long in the “club”? Are they all savanna view as well?
It offers different food options throughout the day, drinks, concierge service, and some other things. I haven't had the chance to stay club level yet because I'm far more likely to book value rooms to be able to stay longer or book larger rooms.

Grand Floridian. I’ve always loved it since my first stay in 1994. Only drawback was not being able to walk to MK. But now that you can, it’s better than ever.

Grand Floridian. I’ve always loved it since my first stay in 1994. Only drawback was not being able to walk to MK. But now that you can, it’s better than ever.
Ive never been - but interested- especially seeing how many shops and things to do in the lobby! I was hoping for the GF Tea on our last trip but it was still closed!

I bought in at SSR sight unseen end of last year after only staying at Jambo and Kadani prior. Thought was decent contract length left and cheapest resort to own. Finally got to stay there in Feb/March and loved how I can park in front of my building and the short walk to DS so glad I own there. Also I did more research and realized I do care a lot where I stay and location is important to me so added BLT and BWV to complete my trifecta (monorail, epcot). Hopefully I'm done now.

Ive never been - but interested- especially seeing how many shops and things to do in the lobby! I was hoping for the GF Tea on our last trip but it was still closed!
My family just did our first stay at GF (actually on AKV points, with GF recently passing ROFR). we're on the "mobile" side so the new walkway was in our eyes even a lot shorter than some give it credit for. We also wanted access there at 11 months since we're frequent December travelers due to work.

All in all a great visit, if you're interested I think the higher price is more than justified by some of the nicer perks of the resort. This was our "add on" too, so the price felt less painful than the first investment 😂

I like Boardwalk, Riviera, Boulder Ridge and Animal Kingdom Lodge and own at all of them. I also like Poly and Bay Lake, though I don't own there, but have been able to trade into them a lot. I guess Grand Floridian is nice, but I have never been able to stay there. The resort is quite small (DVC) and you really need to own there.

Boardwalk. I love the area, and the inexpensive std view (I’m aesthetically challenged and very into best bang for your buck).
Yeah, Boardwalk Villas.

It's within walking distance of two theme parks, has its own nighttime entertainment district, preferred view rooms that overlook the Boardwalk & Crescent Lake (with views of Epcot fireworks), and arguably the best value in all of DVC: the Boardwalk Standard View.

Copper Creek at Christmas time. Early family memories of WL before owning CCV made that the place for my family.
Riviera very other time of the year for me. I love the rooms, been to all but the GV, adult pool area, all 3 eating places, the library for a break, and sky liner watching as I drink a cup of coffee.
Those are my favorite.

Our favorites are Riviera & BWV.
We also own SSR, which we love, & BCV, which we don't really care for (we rent those points).
The only really difficult reservation to get at 7 months was AKV Club, but we have gotten it for split stays a few times. We've booked Studios at all the others (including VGF multiple times) at 7 months, some for 7 nights, & others for 3-5 nights, without a problem.

Tell me what you love about your home resort!!
Haha!!! You’re going to get love for every DVC resort! 😂 Our first purchase was BLT, and I think it will always be in our top 3. We absolutely love being able to walk into MK & we love eating at the Wave & Cali Grill.

My 17yo daughter’s fave is the Poly. The tropical ambience truly is magical & Ohana’s is a family favorite.

My 2 boys can’t decide btw Riviera & BCV. We own at both & love them. BCV- Stormalong Bay can’t be beat & walking to EP & HS is amazing!! Riviera- we love the Skyliner, Topolino’s is fantastic, & the rooms are the best on property (in our opinion).

Last, but certainly not least, is AKV. I love it. It’s a true escape. My family adores watching animals of every kind & Disney has created such a wonderful savanna there. It’s not where we want to stay for park-heavy trips, but it’s where all my kids (ages 10-20) want to stay for serious R&R 😌🥰

These are our current home resorts, but we have stayed at others and love them as well (like VGF). My husband & 2 oldest daughters are going to be in Disney soon, and they will have the opportunity to stay at BRV. We’ve never slept at Wilderness Lodge before, but we love the restaurants and vibe, so we visit it often! Who knows?! After this trip, we may decide we have another contender for new home resort 😆🤩

As to your concern about 7-mo availability... bc of covid, booking could be very challenging over the next few years, but if you are flexible when you can go- and are willing to do split stays, you should still be able to try out new resorts ☺️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter