• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite DVC resort to own and why?

We chose AKV for the atmosphere, the animals, and the restaurants. My daughter and I also love SSR (DH has never stayed there) for the tranquility, the proximity to DS, and the subtle horse theming, so maybe one day we will buy there, too. We don't have young children, visit each park equally, and tend to stay in the parks all day, so staying in a resort close to a park isn't high on our list of priorities. Choosing a resort that would double as an excellent non-parks vacation was important to us.

Sorry for my ignorance- the excitement over the club level is that you get to eat and drink all day long in the “club”? Are they all savanna view as well?
There are a maximum of 10 club villas - 5 lock off one br.s & 5 lock off studios. They are all on the 6th floor over the lobby area of Jambo. Some overlook Sunset savanna - but do not have a particularly great view of that savanna. Others overlook the pool. I’ve owned at AKV for several years and have yet to get a club one bedroom, not that I’ve tried very hard for several reasons - they are real point hogs, not great views, & club isn’t the greatest value for us on a points cost v. benefits scale.
AKV is my adult son’s favorite DVC, he just loves the vibe at Jambo & AK is his favorite park (well, DHS is now tied w/ the addition of GE.) I enjoy my AKV stays & also like AK a lot, I love the grand lobby in Jambo - especially the sky bridge over it on the DVC floor, all the restaurants in both buildings, hanging out at the various animal overlooks, the really nice store in Jambo, because we’ve done the Wanyama safari several times & also lunch w/ an animal keeper I feel like we have a bit of a connection to the animals & facilities since we’ve learned a lot about them through the years.
But my favorite DVC hands down is VGF. I like seeing the monorail glide by from my room. I like being surrounded by the water. I like being close enough to the MK to see the fireworks (when happening) from the grounds or my villa, yet removed from the hustle & bustle. After a day or evening in a hectic/crowded MK I like taking the boat & then strolling through the serene grounds back to my villa. After an Epcot evening I like the long monorail ride back to the TTC & then the shorter monorail ride to the GF lobby.
I like the small lobby in the villa building w/ it’s soaring ceiling & penguin fountain. I like that it’s a small DVC and is quiet. I really like how spacious the 1 br. villas are & I enjoy using what I call the champagne bubbles tub & always stock up on bath bombs in the Basin store in the GF lobby. I also like the vibe of GF’s big lobby, especially during the holidays when I can hang out a bit and listen to the piano player & gaze at the huge Christmas tree while smelling gingerbread wafting from the gingerbread house. I like getting a snack at the QS Gasparillas and sitting at the outdoor tables watching MK’s fireworks. I like strolling through the grounds to my villa after eating at Narcoosees or, occasionally after a feast at V&A’s. I like hopping the monorail to visit/eat at the Contemporary or the Poly & then hopping it back to my quieter VGF. I could go on - but...:)

Last edited:
For me it's Beach Club, hands down. It's a 3 minute walk to the World Showcase entry at EPCOT and a 10 minute boat ride to HS. On top of that, SAB is easily the best pool at WDW. I also just love the vibe of Beach Club: a laid back beach atmosphere. And if you want to hit some of the Boardwalk/SwanDolphin restaurants (ESPN, Flying Fish, Trattoria al Forno, Shula's, Kimonos, Il Mulino, Bluezoo), those are only a ten minute walk. But don't forget about Ale & Compass and Beaches & Cream at Beach Club...we love those spots to eat! The only downside is that BCV is a little more expensive at initial buy in. However, the yearly maintenance fees are on the lower side so that is nice. For me and my family, Beach Club was the easy choice.

Poly was 2nd, but we preferred having easy access to two parks (EPCOT and HS) compared to just one (MK).

Last edited:

AKV is my adult son’s favorite DVC, he just loves the vibe at Jambo & AK is his favorite park (well, DHS is now tied w/ the addition of GE.) I enjoy my AKV stays & also like AK a lot,

But my favorite DVC hands down is VGF. I like seeing the monorail glide by from my room. I like being surrounded by the water. I like being close enough to the MK to see the fireworks (when happening) from the grounds or my villa, yet removed from the hustle & bustle. After a day or evening in a hectic/crowded MK I like taking the boat & then strolling through the serene grounds back to my villa. After an Epcot evening I like the long monorail ride back to the TTC & then the shorter monorail ride to the GF lobby.
I like the small lobby in the villa building w/ it’s soaring ceiling & penguin fountain. I like that it’s a small DVC and is quiet. I really like how spacious the 1 br. villas are & I enjoy using what I call the champagne bubbles tub & always stock up on bath bombs in the Basin store in the GF lobby. I also like the vibe of GF’s big lobby, especially during the holidays when I can hang out a bit and listen to the piano player & gaze at the huge Christmas tree while smelling gingerbread wafting from the gingerbread house. I like getting a snack at the QS Gasparillas and sitting at the outdoor tables watching MK’s fireworks. I like strolling through the grounds to my villa after eating at Narcoosees or, occasionally after a feast at V&A’s. I like hopping the monorail to visit/eat at the Contemporary or the Poly & then hopping it back to my quieter VGF. I could go on - but...:)
We loved our stay at kidani- it’s part of what made us buy DVC! And I love the way you describe VGF- makes me want to stay there someday!

I really love them all - that’s why I have so many Home resorts - SS and OKW are so relaxing, BLT is so convenient, VGF makes me feel very posh, BC is nice and small which I like, HH is just its own vibe (my Grand calls it Mickey and Minnie’s Beach House), and nothing beats VWL at Christmas time! I’ve also stayed at BWV (love the Std points) and AKK Savanna. I prefer BRV over CC because of how peaceful and quiet it is and won’t buy at Poly because I like 1Br rooms and RIV point chart is (for me) too high and for that many points, I’ll stay at VGF...plus I don’t like the Skyliner...I’m in my 60’s so the 2042 end date does not concern me - and I can still leave VGF, SS and BLT to my daughter and Grand so all is good...

I haven't met a DVC resort yet that I didn't like.

My own fav to own? VGC Walk out the room, take an elevator down, walk thru the pool area and walk into a Disney park. Or walk out thru a gate, stroll thru DTD and enter the park that was the 1st. :love:

My favorites are also the resorts with walkability to the park. I own at BWV and BLT. I like to do a split stay and plan my park days around which resort I'm at to reduce transportation time. If the walking path was open from GF at the time I might've bought there instead of BLT, but the extra bathroom in the 1 and 2 bedroom units is also a huge plus for BLT. I wouldn't mind adding on a few points at CCV one of these days, it's a great place to relax at the end of a vacation.

We have tried very hard to rank our home resorts. Each family member claims they cannot do it. Squirt gun to the head, we all chose VGC and then I guess Aulani then VGF. Pains me to even type it. In other words, we are very satisfied with our home resorts and feel like we have the best option for each location. I would add on BWV though if that were a conversation.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter