Favorite beach spots

DYOBL0305

Mouseketeer
For our July trip to Disney/Universal Studios, I'd like to take a day to go to the beach but don't have a good idea of what places are nice to visit with kids in the summertime. Cocoa Beach seems to be the closest, can anyone tell me a little bit about it? Is there another beach you'd recommend instead? The closer to Orlando the better as we are wanting to only make a day trip out of it.

TIA!

We haven't done Cocoa, but do Daytona Beach frequently. I think Daytona Beach is a little closer, it's about 1hr 10min or so. I'd highly recommend it. You can literally drive right onto the beach and park. No need to lug stuff from a parking lot onto the beach. It's not super crowded and just a great place for a beach day.

hqdefault.jpg

I prefer the Gulf Coast (St. Pete area) when visiting the beach. It might take you a tad bit longer to get there but it's less crowded and the beaches seem to be a lot nicer.

We did cocoa beach last year, but we rented a condo just steps from the beach, and fully equipped with pool toys, beach chairs, umbrellas etc. it was nice after a day at the beach (which is tiring) to just walk back to condo and laze around, clean up and get dinner. It was really reasonable too!

We stayed about a mile north of the pier. Had dinner one night on the pier, and the next night at what looked like a hole in wall Italian place- omg so good and clearly a fave spot of locals. Think it was Papa. Vito? Garlic knots, and calzones the size of your arm!

We’ve done Clearwater before on a day trip, traffic to Tampa can be a bear. But really nice beaches.

Another factor to consider --- to see waves crashing on the shore, you'd need to go to the Atlantic coast, not the Gulf coast.

We did coco beach last year, we normally go to clearwater. It was the beach so that was nice.
But the sand was rougher, there were so many broken shells my kids had to be carried to the car.
In Clearwater the sand is brought in super soft. Umbrella rentals etc. I think it's worth the drive to Clearwater. Sorry if this did not flow right I edited it on my phone. Coco beach I think the parking was 10$

I like Cocoa, there is free parking at Lori Wilson Park. There are usually toys to borrow/share on the walkways from the parking lot to the beach. Food truck and rental umbrellas and chairs and a lifeguard. There is a bathroom, but no actual changing rooms. You can walk to the pier, but it is about 2 miles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter