Favorite beach spots

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by DYOBL0305, Jan 4, 2019.

1. DYOBL0305

DYOBL0305 Mouseketeer

For our July trip to Disney/Universal Studios, I'd like to take a day to go to the beach but don't have a good idea of what places are nice to visit with kids in the summertime. Cocoa Beach seems to be the closest, can anyone tell me a little bit about it? Is there another beach you'd recommend instead? The closer to Orlando the better as we are wanting to only make a day trip out of it.

TIA!

2. Klayfish

Klayfish DIS Veteran

We haven't done Cocoa, but do Daytona Beach frequently. I think Daytona Beach is a little closer, it's about 1hr 10min or so. I'd highly recommend it. You can literally drive right onto the beach and park. No need to lug stuff from a parking lot onto the beach. It's not super crowded and just a great place for a beach day.

[​IMG]

DYOBL0305 likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. SinCityMMAFan

SinCityMMAFan Mouseketeer

I prefer the Gulf Coast (St. Pete area) when visiting the beach. It might take you a tad bit longer to get there but it's less crowded and the beaches seem to be a lot nicer.

5. Monykalyn

Monykalyn DIS Veteran

We did cocoa beach last year, but we rented a condo just steps from the beach, and fully equipped with pool toys, beach chairs, umbrellas etc. it was nice after a day at the beach (which is tiring) to just walk back to condo and laze around, clean up and get dinner. It was really reasonable too!

We stayed about a mile north of the pier. Had dinner one night on the pier, and the next night at what looked like a hole in wall Italian place- omg so good and clearly a fave spot of locals. Think it was Papa. Vito? Garlic knots, and calzones the size of your arm!

We’ve done Clearwater before on a day trip, traffic to Tampa can be a bear. But really nice beaches.

DYOBL0305 likes this.
  6. DYOBL0305

DYOBL0305 Mouseketeer

Appreciate the feedback, thank you!

7. DaisyDuck001

DaisyDuck001 DIS Veteran

Another factor to consider --- to see waves crashing on the shore, you'd need to go to the Atlantic coast, not the Gulf coast.