Fastpass return or replacement?

For those to say, they will not do something that complicated...

Yes, the customer wants simplicity. However, there is no one size fits all. As soon as you implement something simple, there will be tons of complaints from all kinds of people, those who like to plan, those who don't, morning people, evening people, first timers, experienced guests, and so on.
"Hey, but this isn't fair, what about me?"

To accomodate as many as possible, they have to keep a lot of things in mind.
Disney has to look from all/many perspectives, the guest only one.

So with genie basic I now have to wait for a time to be allowed to wait in the same long standby line? So that’s just slowing me down even more. No more casually strolling the park and seeing 20 minutes for Dumbo and jumping in line with the kids on a whim? What a magic-killer.

I really really hope this isn’t true.

Sounds like genie basic is just to reserve a time to get in the standby line. There was talk weeks ago about them having the option to close traditional standby and make it reservation only. Once you got a notification to join, you’d still be in the traditional standby line- it wouldn’t shorten your wait time in line at all.

:confused: :eek: :faint:

You’re not going to get 2 of 3 tries when 80 percent of ride capacity is dedicated to the paid option
If they allocated that percentage, that’s true. But that 80% would include all the fp options, not just the pay per ride and I’m very interested in those other options. Regardless, I wouldn’t pay $50 to ride anything. I’m sure there are plenty that would, it just won’t be me. Just have to wait and see how it all shakes out.

Yes, the customer wants simplicity. However, there is no one size fits all. As soon as you implement something simple, there will be tons of complaints from all kinds of people, those who like to plan, those who don't, morning people, evening people, first timers, experienced guests, and so on.

I agree with this. I’ve come on her a couple times and said I’m cautiously optimistic that I will like whatever the new system is. Disney wants me to want to come. Whatever plan they roll out, I have to imagine it’s based on data and research.

This sounds awful and very expensive for my 16 night trip (coming from uk)

where I will have no option but to buy same fast passes, as having 2 one year olds waiting in line for every ride is never going to work

Right?! I don’t get this at all…what is the benefit of this vs just standing in line?

Yeah, me neither. I assume it means something different and is just poorly worded - it doesn't make any sense otherwise! ?This is just a rumor though, though the early news on the DL AP options was spot on.

So is it looking like there will be no “free” fast passes for on site guests

Only if you believe message boards and folks who consider WDW insidious in its desire to take every penny it possibly can from its guests. The rest of the world who cares thinks there will be some degree of free FPs for everyone, because that's the solution that makes the most sense.

But all of this will probably now fall into the "You try to please everyone and end up pleasing no one".

Only if you believe message boards and folks who consider WDW insidious in its desire to take every penny it possibly can from its guests. The rest of the world who cares thinks there will be some degree of free FPs for everyone, because that's the solution that makes the most sense.

I hope the rest of the world is right

So with genie basic I now have to wait for a time to be allowed to wait in the same long standby line? So that’s just slowing me down even more. No more casually strolling the park and seeing 20 minutes for Dumbo and jumping in line with the kids on a whim? What a magic-killer.

I really really hope this isn’t true.
It’s my understanding that in other parks they go to the virtual standby once the line gets to a certain point. So if Dumbo is 20 minutes, you could presumably still spontaneously jump on line. It sounds to me that the aim is to cut down on these long stretching lines outside the attraction.

I agree. I still believe there will be some kind of advantage given to on site guests. The real question for me is which on site guests. I think they dipped their toes in the water when they limited EMH’s to certain resorts and we’re likely to see them repeat that with whatever new fp system they come up with.

Right?! I don’t get this at all…what is the benefit of this vs just standing in line?
You won't be able to "just stand in line" anymore. This is Disney's way of preventing 100 minute long queue's. Once a standby queue gets to a certain "length," I'm sure they'll shut it down and the only way to get on it will be through the free genie option. It's effectively the ROTR system for every ride in the park. The only unknown here is what that preset limit is. I'd bet it's the amount of people they can fit inside the normal queue without it spilling out into the rest of the park.

Basically it'll be: Oh, Space mountain is starting to spill outside the queue. Ok, no more getting on line. You need to use the genie to reserve a spot to get on line later in the day. Whoops, that's all sold out now too. Well, you can always buy a lightning pass! Wow, a lot of people are buying these lightning passes, better turn on surge pricing!

But all of this will probably now fall into the "You try to please everyone and end up pleasing no one".
True, the worst choice a company can make is no choice. You can better implement something that is half right and build from there. Going for perfect immediately takes a long time, costs money. But that is how Disney works, they rather do nothing than put out something that they know is ok-ish.
They hardly build from there.

But now the mass of the crowds will be people standing throughout the parks staring at their phones waiting for their permission to get in a line.
But they’d be much more dispersed and able to do other things. They have to do something about the congestion from all the extended queues. Of all the things that bother me, this option doesn’t. If the natural standby is 2 hrs, I’d much prefer to be able to move around the parks and do other things, then get in line for just 1 hr vs 2 hrs with half that outside in the sun just standing.
Theoretically of course...In reality, I’m not standing in hour long lines regardless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter