• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fastpass and rain question

BlueSuitDonald

Mouseketeer
If we have a scheduled fastpass and a ride is shut down due to rain/storms, will they honor that fastpass at another time or make it an anytime fastpass for that day?

If the ride is shut down for any reason during your FP, it will convert to an anytime fastpass. It will have the rules about which rides you can use it on if you click on it, and I got an email notification when it happened as well. Ours wasn’t for rain, just a breakdown, but had to be used by the end of the following day, in the same park, on certain rides.

If the ride is shut down for any reason during your FP, it will convert to an anytime fastpass. It will have the rules about which rides you can use it on if you click on it, and I got an email notification when it happened as well. Ours wasn’t for rain, just a breakdown, but had to be used by the end of the following day, in the same park, on certain rides.
I hardly ever checked my email. Does it show up in MDE ?

That’s cool. So it actually may be able to be used for a different ride?

Yes:
- If an attraction is closed temporarily due to weather or technical issues during a guest’s scheduled FP window, the FP can be used for that same attraction at any time for the remainder of the day (assuming it reopens). In addition, the FP can be used for specific other attractions (located in the same park) for the remainder of the day. CMs at the affected attraction can provide a list and MDX may send an email to the MDX account holder to alert them of their options.

And if your FP is for the last hour of the day the replacements are different still. That Anytime FP will become a FP for any of the parks, with a few limitations (like FoP/Navi, and I bet TSL rides when they open) since they don't know what park you are heading to the next day. On our last trip we had a FP for Barnstormer after fireworks and they never reopened it for some reason. It was the last hour of the day so our FP became a FP that was good on most any ride at all 4 parks. And they didn't pull the FP from the system so we were able to book another at Barnstormer (DGD wanted to ride it so we kept re-booking hoping she'd be able to ride when it opened). That one eventually switched to an anytime too. We ended up with 3 sets of anytime FP all from Barnstormer not reopening at the end of the night.

That’s cool. So it actually may be able to be used for a different ride?
There are some rides you will not be able to do like if you have a FP for EE you can not go and do FOP there will be a list of what ride you can FP or you can wait for your ride to come back up

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter