Fall 2012=Fast moving Friends, Food, Frights, Firsts and Fun with only Females!

I'm so sorry to hear everything going on for you & Zoe. I will keep all of my fingers & toes crossed for y'all! And I'll send out some prayers too! :goodvibes

Yay for double digits!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:
Gotta have some Dancing Nanners!

And like I said on the other PTR.. crossing everything for both of you!!!!

Crossing all my fingers and toes for Zoe and you! Hope your results come back good and that Zoe won't need surgery! I plan on seeing you guys in Sept/Oct!! :hug:

I should probably start my PTR soon...I have made a few ADRs but I still need to make a few more but need to get into planning mode first. But that's not hard to do, LOL. :cool1:

I think we will do the Villains bash because it seems fun, plus I want to ride TSM without the regular crowds. Do you think the FP system will be valid during the bash? :rotfl:

BTW, we are definitely staying at AoA from Sept 27-Oct 2nd. Looking forward to F&W too!

I'm still here, and I'm keeping EVERYTHING crossed that the "trick" works and Zoe won't need surgery.

It was going really well... now though I wonder. However, it is really too early to tell so I am not going to stress out.

Oh my goodness Ann, I really hope this trick with Zoe will work. The last thing you guys need is another surgery. And Zoe does really deserve a break from all this stuff. Will keep my fingers, toes and everything else crossed. Also will be sending good vibes your way.

Will also do the same for you. Fingers crossed for normal results.

That would be great if your body could regulate itself through diet and exercise. The hardest part is giving up those wonderful carbs :laughing: I try to keep my carb intake low and when I eat carbs it is the good carbs. When I do this I notice huge differences and feel so much better. So fingers crossed it works for you and you start feeling better soon.

Thanks so much. I think Zoe needs a break...but also I am sure at some point she will need to have this moved...and perhaps a number of times in her life...so if we can cut one time out now... I think she will be that much better off. I only wish I could make it so she never had to have any more surgeries.

As for me... I am slowly going off. I cut my dose down to half and I had a really bad day. I decided I was going too fast and so I haven't reduced it any more...and so far I am feeling better (less shaky...less headache..etc) I will have to get back into the swing of a watching carbs. This slower transition off the meds will allow me a bit of time to transition in that too.
Shoot I posted that under the wrong PTR report for you. Oh well at least you knew what I was talking about. Yeah for testing out PP+ so we can see if we should do it in the Fall! :rotfl:

It will be a good trial run. Honestly if it were not for the fact all of us (sans Kira and Josh) will be together I am not sure I would have done it. PP photographers are in fewer locations and there are not as many restaurants participating.

I'm so sorry to hear everything going on for you & Zoe. I will keep all of my fingers & toes crossed for y'all! And I'll send out some prayers too! :goodvibes

Thank you so much.
Congrats on the double digits! Fingers and toes crossed the trick for Zoe works.

Double digits are so much fun!:cool1: Course, it makes me realize how fast time is going by and that I better get a move on in planning.

Yay for double digits!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:
Gotta have some Dancing Nanners!

And like I said on the other PTR.. crossing everything for both of you!!!!

Love the dancing nanners! :thumbsup2

Crossing all my fingers and toes for Zoe and you! Hope your results come back good and that Zoe won't need surgery! I plan on seeing you guys in Sept/Oct!! :hug:

I should probably start my PTR soon...I have made a few ADRs but I still need to make a few more but need to get into planning mode first. But that's not hard to do, LOL. :cool1:

I think we will do the Villains bash because it seems fun, plus I want to ride TSM without the regular crowds. Do you think the FP system will be valid during the bash? :rotfl:

BTW, we are definitely staying at AoA from Sept 27-Oct 2nd. Looking forward to F&W too!

I think the villains bash sounds like a lot of fun, run participant or not. It isn't really advertised. (at least not like MNSSHP) and it costs less. Sounds like it will be fun. Hopefully, Betsy and I will be able to finish the race with enough time to actually enjoy some of the bash.

:cool1: that you are staying at AoA. Your dates are all days that I will be in FL. Betsy arrives 9/28..so she is there almost the entire time you are as well. If you start a PTR, please let me know!!! I would love to read along!

Thanks for the well wishes btw. The verdict is still out on Zoe...and I am taking it slow in regards to changing my diet/meds. However...... I got online to access my lab results and was able to read that the results were fine! Now, I have not got official word from my doc... but I am sure she will just send me out a letter saying everything was normal.:banana:

I just wanted to let you know...I've started the PTR! Excited we'll be there for the same dates and Becky as well!! Gonna get my Villains bash tickets soon too. The espn site somehow is really slow at work so have to do it at home but keep forgetting! :crazy2:

Hope u and Zoe are doing well!

I just wanted to let you know...I've started the PTR! Excited we'll be there for the same dates and Becky as well!! Gonna get my Villains bash tickets soon too. The espn site somehow is really slow at work so have to do it at home but keep forgetting! :crazy2:

Hope u and Zoe are doing well!

I of course am popping over to your PTR! I am excited you will be there at both WDW and the villians bash!!! What fun!!!

I hope everything works out for you & Zoe!

Thanks so much!!

I know I have totally neglected this PTR. I think I am ready to really dive in (maybe) so look out!

I had to go back and read my own plans. The good news is I only have gotten as far as day one. The bad news?? Well apparently I don't know my own dates.:confused:

I had been thinking all along that we were flying out on a wednesday. Day one on 9/24 would then be a tuesday. It isn't. This kinda throws things for me a bit. Work will be a bit of a challenge. However, in talking with my boss about the time that the PHM is (it is during a busy work weekend) she was super supportive and said we would work things out. She is happy I am getting active. I suspect that I will just have to work something out with her when it comes to 9/25.

So back to "day one" I will note it in the day's plans, but I think Kira and I have decided not to go to a hotel that day. Even though it was really nice to stay close to the airport and use the hotels shuttle to the airport a few weeks ago... I don't think we really got any better sleep AND we paid for the extra night. Course, I did get the gift card for pizza and we did basically have a free dinner at the "managers reception" so that helped to cut the cost of the night's stay. I don't know... any opinions? We will have to leave our house at about 3am. If we stay in the hotel, we will have to catch a shuttle at about 3:45. :scratchin yeah... that extra 45 minutes probably isn't worth it. I bet we can even make it so we can sleep a bit later by loading the car the night before.

Ok...so lets break it down. (yes, I am running the numbers as I go right now)

Stay at home(assuming 45 minutes getting ready and 1 hour travel time):

1. Load car the night before with checked bags.
2. Zoe and I will need to wake by 2:00am
3. Amanda and Kira will need to wake by 2:15
4. I will leave the house by 2:45 to go pick up the girls (and Josh since he will be taking my car back)
5. Leave our town by 3am to arrive at the hotel by 4am

Stay at hotel (assuming 45 minute getting ready and 15 minute travel time):

1. Keep checked bags packed and only use carry on for the night
2. We all wake by 3am.
3. We catch shuttle by 3:45am
4. We arrive airport by 4am.

I guess it boils down to a couple things... the convenience of being so close to the airport (ie... no need to drive to get Kira and then load up my truck) and also that extra hour of sleep.

I would love to hear opinions....

I guess I won't be much help, but in that case I would stay home. 45 minutes of sleep is not worth it for ME!! to go to a hotel and live out of my suitcase.

Is it a direct flight or do you have a stopover? If it is direct I would try to sleep a little on the plane. Can Zoe sleep while flying? I hope so. ;)

Okay, as I said before ...... no big help, but I guess you will have many more opinions pretty soon. :thumbsup2

I think I have to agree with the others & say that I would stay home, skip the hotel.

I guess I won't be much help, but in that case I would stay home. 45 minutes of sleep is not worth it for ME!! to go to a hotel and live out of my suitcase.

Is it a direct flight or do you have a stopover? If it is direct I would try to sleep a little on the plane. Can Zoe sleep while flying? I hope so. ;)

Okay, as I said before ...... no big help, but I guess you will have many more opinions pretty soon. :thumbsup2

Zoe can sleep on a plane..and I can a bit too.

For just 45 minutes, I think I'd skip the hotel! Seems like you could get a comparable amount of sleep at home.

In some ways I think more

I'd just sleep at home and skip the hotel.
I think that is wise
I think I have to agree with the others & say that I would stay home, skip the hotel.

Staying at home I think wins!!!

So, I think we will be
staying the night home and not going to a hotel. This is only complicated by the fact that kira and Josh an offer on a house that is not in the same town we live. I am sure we can work it out though... I hope they get the house... It is so pretty... so HUGE (like about 3000 sq ft)

Z
So, I think we will be
staying the night home and not going to a hotel. This is only complicated by the fact that kira and Josh an offer on a house that is not in the same town we live. I am sure we can work it out though... I hope they get the house... It is so pretty... so HUGE (like about 3000 sq ft)

Much better choice! Now you have extra money to spend in Disney!

Good luck to Kira and Josh on the house! I wish I could afford a 3000 sq ft house. Here that would cost a good $750K. I am actually looking at condos tonight. I just paid off my student loans so now is the time to buy I think.

Much better choice! Now you have extra money to spend in Disney!

Good luck to Kira and Josh on the house! I wish I could afford a 3000 sq ft house. Here that would cost a good $750K. I am actually looking at condos tonight. I just paid off my student loans so now is the time to buy I think.

Exactly, more money for Disney :goodvibes

As for the house... well, yes... the amount they offered is no where near $750k. It is in a town hit hard by the housing crash...lots of new homes went up...lots of homes went into foreclosure...lots of homes sit empty. Luckily, this one was only about to go into foreclosure when an investment co. came in a bought up a bunch in that neighborhood. So it will be a regular sale... not a short or a foreclosure. It isn't in the same town that I live (they would not be able to find a home here like that) Even my neighborhood that had quite a few foreclosures has recovered and has no vacant homes... so prices are higher here (still not $750k high :eek:). They both will have a bit of a commute, but not a bad one. We should know today if their offer was accepted.:goodvibes

For those who have read my PTRs in the past... you know you have been waiting for this post. The post that has me whine and complain and share and basically over think my air fare strategy.

So Zoe and I have our flight to MCO. - paid with points

Kira and Amanda just recently bought their rt flight. Their flight to MCO is on the same airline, but not the same time. It is flies out about a half an hour after ours and then arrives an hour after ours. I figure even if no one changes... that extra hour will be perfect because it will give Zoe and I a chance to go to the restroom in order to take care of her medical stuff (that will be just too hard to do on the plane) I suppose I could change my flight to the later one (it is cheaper now and that is why Kira booked that one) I am not sure how that would work since I booked on points... do I just get some of the points refunded? There is also the matter of the restroom and getting in an hour later would mean we would be held up at the airport a bit longer and probably get to the hotel much later than any of us want.

Then their flight back is on the 5th of October. yes... a day after check out. Now, remember... at one point I had added the night of the 4th.. then Kira didn't want to add an extra night to the cost so I took it off? Well, now unless I upgrade the entire stay to a river view room... the night of the 4th is not available. This will mean I need to do a split..and just check in for one night somewhere... UNLESS I can get one night at POFQ added on. (that bump to river view adds about $450 onto our package)

So that brings me to booking my return. Obviously... gonna book the return on the 5th and the same flight as the girls. The price has held since they booked. I have been waiting for..... .POINTS. See, Zach bought a car...and I used my card to buy it (large purchase.. use card to pay.. pay card with cash... get points for flight) ANY DAY those points should hit my account. In fact i was surprised they didn't hit today. We are looking at about another 3k hitting my account. Wanna know how many I need to book the return flight for myself or Zoe? I just need 21 points!!!!! YES, not 2100. NOT, 210. TWENTY ONE!!!! If only the flight went down a bit, I think I could book... but with knowing that those points will be there soon... I have been risking the flight going up. Since I am taking today off though, I will be booking a return flight for one of us and paying the cash price for it. (just have to think...if I pay cash for mine...then I would get points added to my rapid rewards account for the purchase. Zoe doesn't have a rr account so wouldn't get the points... so I should book hers on the points once I get them..there decided... I will book MY flight today and wait on Zoe's :rotfl:)

Hopefully, my air fare ramblings have been worth waiting for. ;) I will post more... I am sure. :rotfl2: I think I dream about booking flights.. or rather how to finagle a good deal on them.

Originally, I had planned to buy 2 one ways on points. Use a credit both Zoe and I had to then buy the return (plus some cash since the credit would not be enough) I had hoped flights would be about what they were last year (they are not)

Originally, I budgeted/planned a total oop for Zoe and I to fly rt of $160. I was bummed when we lost our credits (who knew it was not a year from the issue of the credit to purchase, but a year to actually fly:confused30

Now, it looks like I will just be paying oop for one, one way... at a cost of.......

$160

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

That is as long as the flight doesn't go up between now and when I book

WOW! You know how to work out some deals with air fare! I need you to help me. :rotfl2: That's awesome that you only have to pay one OOP & it's only $160! Even though we're driving, I've been watching air fare, just cuz. :rotfl: Anyway, it would cost us $985 for the 3 of us. :eek: I really hate air fare.

So I booked my flight... came to just under $160. Then... just now I checked to see if my 3k I was expecting hit my account. Guess what? almost 9k hit?!?!

I could have booked mine with points too!!!! Oh well... good to save for February

And...now Zoe is booked. Something new happened with booking her... I had to confirm my itinerary since she is a minor..and agree I am traveling with her (duh). I have enough points to book another one way... I think I might book for february..

Right now though I am off to lunch with a friend...:wave:

I'm late I'm late but I found you! YAY! Going back now to read!! Can't wait to see if our plans overlap any! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter