• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fall 2012=Fast moving Friends, Food, Frights, Firsts and Fun with only Females!

That's so awesome that you were able to get Zach's girlfriend the job! :cheer2: I'm sure you'll do an excellent job of training her! :thumbsup2 They make a very cute couple! :goodvibes

We love going to DTD on our first day. However, we land so early on this trip that we'll actually get to go to a park relatively early! We'll still be going to DTD for dinner though. :thumbsup2 It really stinks that you'll be landing while I'm taking off for home!

That's so awesome that you were able to get Zach's girlfriend the job! :cheer2: I'm sure you'll do an excellent job of training her! :thumbsup2 They make a very cute couple! :goodvibes

I am happy to have got her the job. Honestly, it isn't a bad job. It doesn't pay a whole lot... but it is flexible. I think she was stressing out about her job and how she was going to manage it along side full time school and cheer practice and military duty. Retail/minimum wage places tend to tell you when you are going to work and that is the end of it... not much in the way of working out a schedule that works for everyone. In fact... I swear some managers live to try and schedule people in ways that are the most inconvenient. My only worry is that since she is 20... the flexibility might be not strict enough. It is easy to say... "oh, I have another day or two before that job is due" and then have a crisis cause it all has to be done at once. Course.. this is my irrational fear. She manages school...cheer... guard. I am sure she can manage her time just fine.

We love going to DTD on our first day. However, we land so early on this trip that we'll actually get to go to a park relatively early! We'll still be going to DTD for dinner though. :thumbsup2 It really stinks that you'll be landing while I'm taking off for home!

Dinner choices at DTD are pretty good. It makes for a good first day place to eat.

It does stink... we will miss eachother by "this much"

I am happy to have got her the job. Honestly, it isn't a bad job. It doesn't pay a whole lot... but it is flexible. I think she was stressing out about her job and how she was going to manage it along side full time school and cheer practice and military duty. Retail/minimum wage places tend to tell you when you are going to work and that is the end of it... not much in the way of working out a schedule that works for everyone. In fact... I swear some managers live to try and schedule people in ways that are the most inconvenient. My only worry is that since she is 20... the flexibility might be not strict enough. It is easy to say... "oh, I have another day or two before that job is due" and then have a crisis cause it all has to be done at once. Course.. this is my irrational fear. She manages school...cheer... guard. I am sure she can manage her time just fine.

Sounds like she's a pretty responsible young adult. I'll bet she'll be able to manage everything just fine. And since you got her the job, she probably won't want to disappoint you either. :goodvibes

Sounds like a fun month of October! Wow are you going to be busy and having so much fun. Lots to look forward to.

Sounds like a fun 1st day.

Good to hear that you and Zoe will be on the same flight as Kira. It will be so much easier for you guys.

Your plans for the night on day one look fun. A nice way to end a long travel day! Taking the boat to DTD seems like such a good way to travel.

Just a question what is the difference between an external corner room and a regular room? Now don't think I am stalking you or anything, but we have changed our resort to POFQ :rotfl: So just wondering what the difference is.

Hello Ann... Sorry its been such a long time since I last posted on here but I don't come on here very often anymore. I see you will be in Las Vegas soon.. As for that trip all I have to say is pretty AWESOME!!! I LOVE Las Vegas we actually own a condo there on the strip. To get to the Luxor you don't even have go outside. Its actually connected to the Excalibur you can walk to it in the nice A/C they have a walk pathway inside just ask a hostess and they will direct you on how to get to the Luxor.

Anyway I just wanted to let you know that my dh FINALLY has a job. He leaves next week for one hole yr. So I guess my trip to DW is a go but I'm not to sure if I want to go in Oct after all because I'm not to sure if I will actually have funds to make that trip just yet. I may end up going in Dec and just kicking myself when its so crowded and I can do what I want to do. Then again Oct. seems so much fun because of the food and wine fest. and also they have the Halloween party during that time frame. All I know is that I need to make up my mind sooner rather then later.

Sounds like she's a pretty responsible young adult. I'll bet she'll be able to manage everything just fine. And since you got her the job, she probably won't want to disappoint you either. :goodvibes

I think you are right. I just already find myself falling into that "mom" role and with that for me means I worry. :rolleyes:

Sounds like a fun month of October! Wow are you going to be busy and having so much fun. Lots to look forward to.

Sounds like a fun 1st day.

October is basically gone. About a month till the trip and then we come back.. October is gone and then we get ready for Thanskgiving and then it is Christmas. So... I told Steve today... basically, we have a month until Christmas. :rotfl2:

Good to hear that you and Zoe will be on the same flight as Kira. It will be so much easier for you guys.

Your plans for the night on day one look fun. A nice way to end a long travel day! Taking the boat to DTD seems like such a good way to travel.

Just a question what is the difference between an external corner room and a regular room? Now don't think I am stalking you or anything, but we have changed our resort to POFQ :rotfl: So just wondering what the difference is.

I am glad we are all on the same flight if for no other reason that it is just nice to have one more adult with me. December went fine.. but what if I felt sick..had to run to the closet that is suppose to be a restroom? Leave Zoe in her seat? :scared: But really...all of us getting in at the same time... and an hour earlier.. it awesome!

Taking the boat to DTD is one of my favorite things to do and so the POR/POFQ are high on my favorite places to stay because of it.

:woohoo: You switched to POFQ!! Cool. So... and external corner room is only different in that it is in a corner of the building and will have 2 windows instead of one. I believe they are the same size as the other rooms... but also will have one less neighbor. Does that make sense?

Hello Ann... Sorry its been such a long time since I last posted on here but I don't come on here very often anymore. I see you will be in Las Vegas soon.. As for that trip all I have to say is pretty AWESOME!!! I LOVE Las Vegas we actually own a condo there on the strip. To get to the Luxor you don't even have go outside. Its actually connected to the Excalibur you can walk to it in the nice A/C they have a walk pathway inside just ask a hostess and they will direct you on how to get to the Luxor.

Anyway I just wanted to let you know that my dh FINALLY has a job. He leaves next week for one hole yr. So I guess my trip to DW is a go but I'm not to sure if I want to go in Oct after all because I'm not to sure if I will actually have funds to make that trip just yet. I may end up going in Dec and just kicking myself when its so crowded and I can do what I want to do. Then again Oct. seems so much fun because of the food and wine fest. and also they have the Halloween party during that time frame. All I know is that I need to make up my mind sooner rather then later.

First, I am glad to hear your dh got a job!!! It sucks he will be gone so long though.

Second, :woohoo: for your trip being a go... but I am sorry there is a fair amount of trepidation in it. When in October are you planning? December (as you know)is sooo busy..well, toward the end..not so much at the beginning. Could you go at the beginning in order to avoid crowds but still get the funds together? I cross my fingers that you figure it out soon. :goodvibes:goodvibes

Day 2 - 9/26

We will start our morning by using a sc’s to buy beniets at POFQ.

images

That will be a good breakfast, yes?

Next we will try and catch rd ceremony at MK. I am not sure that breakfast might slow us, but RD on our FIRST day would be a goal.

We will try and get as much done in Fantasyland before Zoe has her appointment at BBB. Last time she did this in DTD, so it will be fun to have this done in MK. Surprisingly though, she is a bit reluctant to do this. She says her hair is too short. I showed her the new courtyard package (I think that is what it is called) She was a tad more interested in that.

After Zoe's princess transformation, we will head to head to Epcot for lunch. We will be dinning with the princesses at Akershus.

IMG_1044.jpg

After lunch, we will either stay in Epcot or go back to the resort for a nap or to swim. I am not going to want to push too hard over these first few days in order to conserve a bit of energy for the 29th.

For dinner will be go back to Epcot (if we left) Dinner will be at Teppan Edo. This one was at Kira's request. I personally could go else where, but this will still be fun.
images

We can then spend the EMH at Epcot or go back to the resort to sleep. I think a lot will depend on how tired I am. Who knows, maybe Kira and Amanda will stay and Zoe and I will head back. I am really bad about taking the "I can sleep at home" attitude when in Disney... but I can't do this at this point in the trip. I can't go into the race feeling like a zombie.

Sounds like a fun day! BBB in the MK should be loads of fun! So magical for your little princess. :goodvibes And then that's fun to follow it up with a Princess lunch. I've heard so many good things about Akershus.

And dinner at Tepan Edo should be fun. We've only eaten there once just because we eat hibachi often where we live.

And I think that's a great idea to not run yourself ragged in the days leading up to the race. :thumbsup2

You stick to your full day schedule, Ann! :lmao:
But it is going to be lots of fun. I cannot wait to see Zoe transformed at the BBB again. She looked so cute last time.

Ann, I'll try to catch up while I am gone, but not sure if we will have "decent" internet everywhere while we travel. So please forgive me if I cannot post while I am gone (even thow I WILL try!)

What is the new courtyard package, I haven't heard of that one yet! We really liked Akershus, that sounds like a great choice for the princess! And Teppan Edo is a lot of fun!

You stick to your full day schedule, Ann! :lmao:
But it is going to be lots of fun. I cannot wait to see Zoe transformed at the BBB again. She looked so cute last time.

Ann, I'll try to catch up while I am gone, but not sure if we will have "decent" internet everywhere while we travel. So please forgive me if I cannot post while I am gone (even thow I WILL try!)

I completely understand, Karin. I am not sure how I would ever stay caught up or get caught up if I were taking a long vacay like you are going to be doing!! Just have fun!!!

As for Zoe... :confused3 I had her looking at dresses online today. Saw a cute one that had a removable outer jacket (she hates her arms getting "scratchy") Well, what did she say about it? "I think it would look better with a jean jacket" Seriously? Is that what a princess thinks? :scratchin I think we might be diverging into tom boy territory. :scared: Oh well, it will be fine I was after all... a HUGE tom boy.. There was not a tree within miles of our house I didn't try and climb.

Still, isn't this dress cute? Sorry the pics are so small...
BIJAN_22_FUSHIA_alt_1.jpg

BIJAN_22_FUSHIA.jpg

What is the new courtyard package, I haven't heard of that one yet! We really liked Akershus, that sounds like a great choice for the princess! And Teppan Edo is a lot of fun!

This is the description on Disney.com
Courtyard Package includes exclusive Courtyard hairstyling, shimmering makeup, nail polish, face gem, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique t-shirt, trendy tutu, princess sash and princess cinch bag

Not sure we want the tutu though. The hair style is more what we are curious about.

There is a review on dis of it with pictures here

Sounds like a fun day! BBB in the MK should be loads of fun! So magical for your little princess. :goodvibes And then that's fun to follow it up with a Princess lunch. I've heard so many good things about Akershus.

And dinner at Tepan Edo should be fun. We've only eaten there once just because we eat hibachi often where we live.

And I think that's a great idea to not run yourself ragged in the days leading up to the race. :thumbsup2

I am going to have a hard time not running all over. Kira tends to not be completely sympathetic.. and I tend to have a hard time not pushing and not saying no. I anticipate a lot of "just stay and do..." from her. I need to put on my resolve face now... and get it in my head I HAVE to not push too hard.

BBB was super fun last trip. I am just not sure Zoe is into now. She keeps acting like she would rather not. Which...it totally find by me... but once we decide one way or the other... thats it. And as of right now... she has an appointment. So unless she decides pretty quick she doesn't want to..then it will be "officially" on the plan.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for getting you all on the same flight.

I think your first day plans sound great...I hope you make rope drop (I do love that show).

I am glad we are all on the same flight if for no other reason that it is just nice to have one more adult with me. December went fine.. but what if I felt sick..had to run to the closet that is suppose to be a restroom? Leave Zoe in her seat? :scared: But really...all of us getting in at the same time... and an hour earlier.. it awesome!

Taking the boat to DTD is one of my favorite things to do and so the POR/POFQ are high on my favorite places to stay because of it.

:woohoo: You switched to POFQ!! Cool. So... and external corner room is only different in that it is in a corner of the building and will have 2 windows instead of one. I believe they are the same size as the other rooms... but also will have one less neighbor. Does that make sense?

Yes, totally understand the travelling with another adult. Just makes life easier!

Ah, understand now about the difference in rooms. Thanks for explaining!

Day 2 looks good!

I've seen beneits mentioned frequently. Will have to go and check them out, they look interesting!

Zoe is doing BBB again :woohoo: Loved her pictures from December. Looking forward to seeing her this time around. Hopefully she will be into the Princesses still when you are there.

Ah yes you will have to take it easy before the race, and a night time race too! I'm usually half asleep by 8pm:rotfl: How has the training been going?

Love the first day plans! We did the BBB with Madison on our last trip and she enjoyed it (she went when she was 3 too). We've never done the big package, just hair and makeup. On our last trip, she was wearing her custom Jasmine costume (my mom made it) and she got so much attention! The Fairy Godmothers in Training took notice and she got to sit in the front window booth at World of Disney for her transformation!!! Such a special moment for her.

Like your first day. I think taking it easy before the race is a good idea. Love her dress... at least of what I can see of it so little ;)

And new Bibbity Bobbity boutique new packages... hmm I might have to go check those out.

Good point, Ann. You don't want to start off as a zombie! =) My first two trips I pushed myself a bit too hard and ended up unwell and super tired by the end. This last trip, after my complete meltdown in Epcot, I switched gears and still had energy by the end! A much better trip, for sure!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for getting you all on the same flight.

I think your first day plans sound great...I hope you make rope drop (I do love that show).

I think I missed rd in MK entirely on our last trip. I too love that show.

Yes, totally understand the travelling with another adult. Just makes life easier!

Ah, understand now about the difference in rooms. Thanks for explaining!

Day 2 looks good!

I've seen beneits mentioned frequently. Will have to go and check them out, they look interesting!

Zoe is doing BBB again :woohoo: Loved her pictures from December. Looking forward to seeing her this time around. Hopefully she will be into the Princesses still when you are there.

Ah yes you will have to take it easy before the race, and a night time race too! I'm usually half asleep by 8pm:rotfl: How has the training been going?

You should definitely try a beignets.

As for the training... I wish I could say it was going better. I think I may have seriously injured myself. I am trying to push through... but it is hard for me to walk at all right now... I managed to run my 5 miles that I planned for today... but after I finished... I started hurting so so bad. :sad2:

Love the first day plans! We did the BBB with Madison on our last trip and she enjoyed it (she went when she was 3 too). We've never done the big package, just hair and makeup. On our last trip, she was wearing her custom Jasmine costume (my mom made it) and she got so much attention! The Fairy Godmothers in Training took notice and she got to sit in the front window booth at World of Disney for her transformation!!! Such a special moment for her.

BBB is such a special thing. I hope it is a second time around. Zoe just seems a little less interested.

Like your first day. I think taking it easy before the race is a good idea. Love her dress... at least of what I can see of it so little ;)

And new Bibbity Bobbity boutique new packages... hmm I might have to go check those out.

I didn't get that dress for her. I need to figure out A dress for BBB... and a costume for MNSSHP..

Good point, Ann. You don't want to start off as a zombie! =) My first two trips I pushed myself a bit too hard and ended up unwell and super tired by the end. This last trip, after my complete meltdown in Epcot, I switched gears and still had energy by the end! A much better trip, for sure!

With how I am feeling after today's run... I am thinking I will definitely need to take it easy. I am not sure how I am going to make it 10 miles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter