Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust - That's What Solo Trips Are Made Of - Update 7/21 P17

Not an official update, but as the toddler and I are having a super lazy day, I am getting my computer type stuff done for the trip.

I just loaded new music onto my cell (which doubles as my MP3 player). Check!

I just loaded my Nook with new library loans. I've got five to choose from and I'll bring a paperback also. Check!

I'm uploading all my current photos so I can dump my memory cards for the trip. In process!

Not too bad for a lazy day at home. :thumbsup2

Very productive. :thumbsup2

And this reminds me that since we are using Andy's camera, that I have to have him empty his memory card so I have the whole card (he's got his stuff from his trip to Cedar Point and the Cubs game on there).

Very productive. :thumbsup2

And this reminds me that since we are using Andy's camera, that I have to have him empty his memory card so I have the whole card (he's got his stuff from his trip to Cedar Point and the Cubs game on there).

I also made pajama shorts out of the leftover fabric from the super cute dress of yesterday.

Actually I don't think I mentioned that on this thread, maybe just on Facebook. First time I made shorts that aren't huge...and they are SO cute. I'll look adorable even when I'm sleeping. ;)

I prefer Merrells in general because of how supportive they are. Have you looked at them, they've got three different styles I think right now. Also, it may sound funny, but an LLBean or a Land's End might have a nice Mary Jane too.

And Crocs makes them. :thumbsup2

My current pair is from Lands End and I wore those suckers OUT. I should probably check again as they'll be getting more fall things in

My current pair is from Lands End and I wore those suckers OUT. I should probably check again as they'll be getting more fall things in

I really like them, some of their styles are super cute.

I've actually returned pretty much everything that I thought would work and ordered a whole new set of flip flops to try.

Clearly, I have shoe issues.

The bigger issue is that I leave in a week and have no idea what I'm wearing on my feet. :scared1:

One pair of sneakers and one pair of flip flops. You wear the flips in the mornings and the sneakers at night

I will channel my inner seven year old.

Appropriate not only because my oldest is seven, but that happens to be the age I was the very first time I went to Walt Disney World.

Trip of the infamous sun poisoning and beautiful Alice in Wonderland dress. Good times. ;)

In all seriousness, that was my first family trip with my sister, mom, and dad to Walt Disney World, and it holds a really special place in my heart. I don't remember a lot specifically about what we did, but I know I had a great time.

And a few years ago, my mother put together a scrapbook / keepsake box for me with photos from my childhood, that trip, on up to the present day. And in the bottom of that keepsake box?

My very first autograph book. :goodvibes

So cool to have that piece of my childhood. Especially since I still love, love, love meeting characters.

So without further ado, I give you my 7 ways in which I will channel my inner 7 year old:

1. Purchase my very own autograph book and get as many autographs as I can!

2. Skip down Main Street, even if I'm doing it by myself.

3. Eat dessert first.

4. Forgo dinner completely and just eat dessert.

5. Ride the rides I loved as a kid, and pretend the hitchhiking ghost really IS coming home with me.

6. Make at least one frivolous souvie purchase, just because I want it.

and

7. Remember that "adults are just kids grown up anyway" in everything that I do.

:flower3:

Who wants to do the seven day dance? ;)

party: party: party: party: party:

Love all of these! My first trip was when I was 7 too, and I only remember bits and pieces of it, and what I do remember, I cherish! :goodvibes

I especially like the eating dessert first...or just skipping dinner all together and going for dessert! :thumbsup2

6 DAYS!!!

:dance3::yay:party::jumping1:

One pair of sneakers and one pair of flip flops. You wear the flips in the mornings and the sneakers at night

Just out of curiosity, do you carry sneaks with you and switch at park, or have a mid day hotel break?

Love all of these! My first trip was when I was 7 too, and I only remember bits and pieces of it, and what I do remember, I cherish! :goodvibes

Thanks! :goodvibes

I especially like the eating dessert first...or just skipping dinner all together and going for dessert! :thumbsup2

I'm rather fond of this plan. :thumbsup2

6 DAYS!!!

:dance3::yay:party::jumping1:

Yay! Update coming soon! :thumbsup2

Okay, I have to laugh because I don't have time to be clever. I was out running errands all morning, some trip related, some not, and I think I can hear Squirt waking up from his nap.

So here's the yay, it's only six days gratuitous dancing skittle-y smilies.

YAY!!!!

Here's the potential shoes. I don't want to talk about them too much, I'm afraid I'll curse them.

I like them.

There. LOL

Technical difficulties with photo, stand by...

Okay, I totally can't get Photobucket to work right now. Will try again later!

Merrell Lilyfern

1592103-p-MULTIVIEW-1.jpg

Reef Fanning Luxe - Silver part is glittery

So yay for six days and yay for potential shoes. Hopefully I can post more later! :goodvibes

:banana::banana::banana::banana: with you for six days.

I can't comment on the shoes because the pictures didn't come up. :confused3

Just out of curiosity, do you carry sneaks with you and switch at park, or have a mid day hotel break?

Both. If you carry a big enough bag with you already it's no big deal to have the sneakers with you because you are fresh when you start out, and then when you change into them it feels even better because your bag is lighter and more room for a couple purchases in your bag

I can only see one pair but they are cute!

I've taken flips with me to dinner but in those cases, I was wearing heels and then changed for the parks. LOL! Wedges but still.

Personally I'm lugging enough with my camera so as a general rule, don't haul shoes unless I plan to be in park for a long time and then I get a locker. I've done that in Feb when we needed layers for after dinner.

And a few years ago, my mother put together a scrapbook / keepsake box for me with photos from my childhood, that trip, on up to the present day. And in the bottom of that keepsake box?

My very first autograph book. :goodvibes

So cool to have that piece of my childhood. Especially since I still love, love, love meeting characters.

So without further ado, I give you my 7 ways in which I will channel my inner 7 year old:

1. Purchase my very own autograph book and get as many autographs as I can!

2. Skip down Main Street, even if I'm doing it by myself.

3. Eat dessert first.

4. Forgo dinner completely and just eat dessert.

5. Ride the rides I loved as a kid, and pretend the hitchhiking ghost really IS coming home with me.

6. Make at least one frivolous souvie purchase, just because I want it.

and

7. Remember that "adults are just kids grown up anyway" in everything that I do.

:flower3:

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: omg I wish I could see that in person because I can totally visualize it!!!!!

Both. If you carry a big enough bag with you already it's no big deal to have the sneakers with you because you are fresh when you start out, and then when you change into them it feels even better because your bag is lighter and more room for a couple purchases in your bag

I do like that whole more room for a couple purchases concept. ;)

I can only see one pair but they are cute!

I'm going to check out Photobucket and see if I can't get it to work.

[/QUOTE]
I've taken flips with me to dinner but in those cases, I was wearing heels and then changed for the parks. LOL! Wedges but still.

Personally I'm lugging enough with my camera so as a general rule, don't haul shoes unless I plan to be in park for a long time and then I get a locker. I've done that in Feb when we needed layers for after dinner.[/QUOTE]

I am not sure how much I'll want to carry into the parks. Part of me wants to travel really lightly since I won't have kiddos with me. :thumbsup2

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: omg I wish I could see that in person because I can totally visualize it!!!!!

I made Tink do it with me last year. :thumbsup2

Merrell.jpg

There we go!

These are the Merrells I had difficulty posting earlier. :thumbsup2

Also, I finally finished uploading all my photos (which also exist on my computer hard drive) so I'll be able to dump the memory cards this weekend.

I've finished my last minute trip shopping other than some protein bars I need to pick up at the grocery store.

Things are coming along! :cheer2:

Now I can see the shoes...very cute.

I'm glad you mentioned your protein bars...I totally forgot to pick up fiber bars. Back to the store I go.

Ok I really like both! The 2nd pair looks wicked comfy and could be a tennis shoe alternative.

Merrell.jpg

There we go!

These are the Merrells I had difficulty posting earlier. :thumbsup2

Also, I finally finished uploading all my photos (which also exist on my computer hard drive) so I'll be able to dump the memory cards this weekend.

I've finished my last minute trip shopping other than some protein bars I need to pick up at the grocery store.

Things are coming along! :cheer2:

I hate that style of shoe in the rain. My feet would always slide forward past the end of the shoe.

And any other meal, too, right? ;)

::yes::

Like your shoes!! Are you sure the Merrells will be enough support? I had a pair similar to those and found they didn't give enough support for my really high arches. :rolleyes: I was so bummed, I couldn't even make it from our room in the 70's section to the bus before I had to go back and get my sneakers. :guilty:

Here's to your five days!!!

0004.gif

Now I can see the shoes...very cute.

Thanks!

I'm glad you mentioned your protein bars...I totally forgot to pick up fiber bars. Back to the store I go.

I'm hoping to finish that all up this morning. I've got a wedding shower tomorrow, so all the grocery shopping pretrip for my little family (and me) needs to get done today. :thumbsup2

Ok I really like both! The 2nd pair looks wicked comfy and could be a tennis shoe alternative.

That's what I was thinking. They are very, very comfortable.

I hate that style of shoe in the rain. My feet would always slide forward past the end of the shoe.

OMG! I totally forgot that can happen. I had a pair of shoes like this before, and that was in a issue. :rotfl2: Actually it goes with my downpour honeymoon story. Good times.

Anyway, not worried. With how lightweight they are, I can always carry the alternative around, should I choose. :thumbsup2

::yes::

Like your shoes!! Are you sure the Merrells will be enough support? I had a pair similar to those and found they didn't give enough support for my really high arches. :rolleyes: I was so bummed, I couldn't even make it from our room in the 70's section to the bus before I had to go back and get my sneakers. :guilty:

Here's to your five days!!!

0004.gif

Actually, I'm about 99% sure the Merrells will be fine.

Want to know how I know that?

:rolleyes1

It's because when I was pregnant, I wore a style of Merrell's exactly like these and let's just say I was about...oh...fifty pounds heavier. :lmao:

Also, I was a bank teller. So on my feet a lot. So yes, I think they'll be fine! :thumbsup2

And yay for five days! Update coming soon! :goodvibes

I'd like to try, but never have...

chocolate-peanut-butter-cupcake-at-contempo-cafe.jpg

A Cupcake From Contempo Cafe - A lot of my DIS friends rave about these, so I'd love to try one.

caramel-corn.jpg

Caramel Corn From Germany - Again, there are a few of you who are in love with this. If I don't have room for it while I'm in Epcot, I totally plan on buying some to take back to the room. Midnight snacks, and all. ;)

cape-may-cafe-dessert.jpg

Oreo Bon Bons from Cape May Cafe - I've never had dinner at Cape May. Breakfast, yes, dinner, no. I'm really looking forward to trying this dessert in particular.

nowayjose.jpg

No Way Jose from Beaches and Cream - I've wanted this. For so many trips. It's only a go for me if Beaches and Cream has lactose free ice cream. I can handle a little milk in the toppings, but I cannot eat ice cream. It does BAD things to me. :rotfl: I swear, just looking at that picture is making me drool.

Sleepy-Hollow-Waffle-Sandwiches.jpg

Sleepy Hollow Waffle Sandwich - The one on the left is smeared in Nutella. I mean...do I need to explain this one?

As with every Disney trip, I fear there is so much food and so little time. We'll see how many of these I can fit in.

Who wants to place bets?

So today we're five days out! SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!!

I'm super excited. I've got a wedding shower tomorrow so today I'm tying up all my loose ends. Grocery shopping, getting my protein bars for the trip, and getting laundry done. I'll start packing toiletries today, clothes tomorrow if I have some time before or after the shower.

Nana and I were talking about the trip yesterday and I was getting really excited. She expressed some concern about whether or not I was okay to go alone. Not because she feels I wouldn't be safe or anything, more that she wanted to make sure that emotionally, I was okay.

Now I'm not saying that there won't be moments when I may cry because I miss my mother.

I am SURE that at some point, that will happen.

But in a lot of ways, I really feel like this trip will make me feel closer to her, because it's something she loved so much, and a place we shared together. And I'm looking forward to that just as much as the relaxation and break from daily life.

Happy Five Days!!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter