Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust - That's What Solo Trips Are Made Of - Update 7/21 P17

I'm finally here, TK! Five days before you leave! :scared1:

I so enjoyed reading all your travel plans and will enjoy living vicariously through your trip even more! It sounds completely blissful!

The Wendy costume is so cute! Great job on that!

I'm finally here, TK! Five days before you leave! :scared1:

I so enjoyed reading all your travel plans and will enjoy living vicariously through your trip even more! It sounds completely blissful!

The Wendy costume is so cute! Great job on that!

YAY!!!! CP's here!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

:welcome:

At least you got here before I left! :lmao:

Thanks for your compliments on the Wendy costume. I'm pretty excited about it. And how comfortable it is. ;)

Five days. Five days. Five days.

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

And one week from today we will be having dinner together.

Toga! Toga! Toga!

Sorry, have been quoting movies all day. ;)

WAHOOTY!!!! I'm stoked.

Are you getting excited?

Excited is not the word. After the good news about Alisha yesterday, my enthusiasm is back for the trip. We have a wedding today and are giong to see Mark's dad tomorrow...that should make the weekend go fast; now I just need the work week to go fast. :goodvibes

Excited is not the word. After the good news about Alisha yesterday, my enthusiasm is back for the trip. We have a wedding today and are giong to see Mark's dad tomorrow...that should make the weekend go fast; now I just need the work week to go fast. :goodvibes

Oh, I did not know we had Alisha's results! YAY for good news!!!!! :goodvibes

I just got my trip shopping done, now the :laundy: is in and packing needs to get done. :lmao:

So glad to hear you like the Merrells and you know they will work! :goodvibes :thumbsup2

I think we have the same taste in snack ideas! :goodvibes Almost all the same things you've mentioned wanting to try are all the same things I've missed or would like to sample. Oh, except a dole whip! I've never had one of those either, or a Mickey bar! :mickeybar

What protein bars do you like? Mackenzie and I really like the Balance bars and the new one's we REALLY like are the think thin bars. No sugar, but sugar alcohols, doesn't spike your insulin levels, which in turn doesn't put the fat on! :thumbsup2 The body is a funny thing when it comes to processed sugar. :scared: Not that I never have it, but while I'm losing this weight I'm very careful to avoid it 98% of the time. It's the #1 killer to any person's weight loss success. :rolleyes:

So glad to hear you like the Merrells and you know they will work! :goodvibes :thumbsup2

:goodvibes

I think we have the same taste in snack ideas! :goodvibes Almost all the same things you've mentioned wanting to try are all the same things I've missed or would like to sample. Oh, except a dole whip! I've never had one of those either, or a Mickey bar! :mickeybar

Ooo, we've got to get you to try a Dole Whip. They're like heaven in a cup. My favorite is the Pineapple Dole Whip Float. It is soooo refreshing on a hot day! :beach:

What protein bars do you like? Mackenzie and I really like the Balance bars and the new one's we REALLY like are the think thin bars. No sugar, but sugar alcohols, doesn't spike your insulin levels, which in turn doesn't put the fat on! :thumbsup2 The body is a funny thing when it comes to processed sugar. :scared: Not that I never have it, but while I'm losing this weight I'm very careful to avoid it 98% of the time. It's the #1 killer to any person's weight loss success. :rolleyes:

I don't know if I have seen the Think Thin bars. I'll have to look for them the next time I'm at a store.

I like a couple different kinds for different things. Larabars (which are vegan) are a great snack. And my toddler loves them, which is awesome. I like Clif Bars as a breakfast, and I got a couple of those for my trip in case I'm hungry on the airplane. I don't eat a big breakfast, so they're enough for breakfast (sometimes even too much) or they can tide me over pretty well in lieu of a meal if need be. I also eat the MetRx bars, which are a full meal replacement bar. They really help me lose weight, because I'll substitute a meal with the bar, but I do get sick of that eventually. Out of all of those, the Clif Bars are probably my favorite, because they're organic and don't taste overly processed. :thumbsup2

Bet you didn't know you were going to get that whole diatribe, huh? :lmao:

in which I woke up in a total panic. :scared:

1. OMG. My trip is four days away.

2. When will I find the time to pack?

3. Do I have everything I need?

4. WHEN WILL I FIND THE TIME TO PACK?????

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

So I woke up this morning a bit panicked. Not that I didn't know it was coming, obviously, but I am really getting down to the wire here. I've spent this morning dumping memory cards and trying to decide whether or not I need a spare with me.

There are some items that aren't on my packing list and I keep forgetting to write them down. I think I'm just going to go grab them...you know what, I'm putting it here. Jack Sparrow fabric backpack and Imagineer's Guide to the Magic Kingdom.

Ha! There! :lmao:

If it's on the DIS, I have to remember. I've pretty much got my outfits worked out and did laundry yesterday. :laundy: It's just a matter this morning of making sure that my...ahem...unmentionables are dry enough to pack. ;)

I think I've already mentioned that I have a wedding shower today which I'm really excited for. I've know my friend since we were four years old, so it's pretty cool to be part of this and the fact that we are still friends after all these years! :goodvibes

As a result, I totally had to paint my toes last night, because they were hideous! My nail polish was chipping off. Bad, bad, bad TK. So my Absolutely Alice (sparkly blue nail polish that OPI based on Alice in Wonderland) had to go, and I introduce you to...

DSCI0313-1.jpg

I'm All Ears! One of the newer OPI Disney colors. I think it's a Minnie Mouse collection? One of my friends bought the color for me, as she knows I'm going to Disney and just wanted to give me a little surprised. So sweet! And I love that I have a totally new color for this trip.

Looks red in the photo but it's more of a sparkly fuchsia. Not my typical M.O. for nail color, but honestly, reminds me a LOT of my mom. And I'm thinking that's pretty cool. :thumbsup2

So I'm off dear friends. To pack and organize and get my act together.

But before I go, let's do the four day dance!

party: party: party: party:

pirate:

Update: I am packed except for last minute items. Woo hoo!!!!!!

I'm All Ears! One of the newer OPI Disney colors. I think it's a Minnie Mouse collection? One of my friends bought the color for me, as she knows I'm going to Disney and just wanted to give me a little surprised. So sweet! And I love that I have a totally new color for this trip.

Looks red in the photo but it's more of a sparkly fuchsia. Not my typical M.O. for nail color, but honestly, reminds me a LOT of my mom. And I'm thinking that's pretty cool. :thumbsup2

So I'm off dear friends. To pack and organize and get my act together.

But before I go, let's do the four day dance!

party: party: party: party:

pirate:

Update: I am packed except for last minute items. Woo hoo!!!!!!

Are those the new shoes? Have fun at the shower!

Hope you had/are having fun at the shower. I LOVE the nail polish. I got my done Thursday night with The Color of Minnie, a nice Minnie red.

I can't believe how close you are, which means I'm right behind you. Hope all your "unmentionables" are dry enough to pack

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Are those the new shoes? Have fun at the shower!

Those are the new shoes! I've been wearing them around the house and they're pretty nice. :thumbsup2

The shower was great. And I really mean it. Sometimes showers make you groan inside, but this one was a lot of fun. :goodvibes

Hope you had/are having fun at the shower. I LOVE the nail polish. I got my done Thursday night with The Color of Minnie, a nice Minnie red.

Yay! We are both sporting Minnie colors. :thumbsup2

I can't believe how close you are, which means I'm right behind you. Hope all your "unmentionables" are dry enough to pack

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Isn't it neat when you can measure your trip and how close it's getting by someone else's? Well, this DIS friend leaves in so many days, so I leave then. So much fun to count down!

And oddly enough, the umentionables were fine, but a couple pair of jean shorts are KILLING me. I'm hoping they'll be dry enough by tomorrow as I think they're pretty much my last clothing items.

Just to prepare you.... I've read that they no longer have the Oreo Bon bons on the buffet at Cape May

Do to boys know where you are going?

Yeay for being all packed except for last minute stuff! :banana:

Love the new nail polish! Very cute and of course, the name is great!

Hope you had a good time at the wedding shower yesterday!

Just to prepare you.... I've read that they no longer have the Oreo Bon bons on the buffet at Cape May

Bummer! Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup2

Do to boys know where you are going?

Nope. They know Mama is going away from Thursday to Sunday. That's pretty much it.

Yeay for being all packed except for last minute stuff! :banana:

Yeah, that was a huge feeling of accomplishment yesterday.

Love the new nail polish! Very cute and of course, the name is great!

Thank you! It is soooo pink. Like, PINK. LOL But I like it. Sometimes it's good to go out of your comfort zone and have something different. :thumbsup2

Hope you had a good time at the wedding shower yesterday!

I did, it was wonderful. I'm so looking forward to the wedding now.

Three Days!

party: party: party:

I have to be honest with you, I actually don't have that much to say. :lmao: I worked pretty hard over the weekend to get everything together for the trip so that I wouldn't be stressing, and it was a good strategy.

Ran some normal errands today, and am really looking forward to spending some time with the kiddos before I leave.

I've also started going to bed earlier to prepare myself for the crazy early call time, as it were.

Oh, and I figured out my Wendy hair ribbon! I made it out of the same fabric as the waist sash and I was having a really hard time figuring out how to get it to stay in my hair. So I made the bow and am using a barrette to hold it in place. Kind of hard to explain but let me say it looks AWESOME. I can't wait to wear my costume for MNSSHP and Halloween! :thumbsup2

Thank goodness we are friends on Facebook! :rotfl:

Woo hoo for just two days! In case I am not on again, have an absolutely wonderful, magical time!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter