Extended evening hours

So what do a lot of those do then - use the early morning hours (is rope drop still the key to getting a lot done) then come back mid day and rest/swim then go back evening /later for the deluxe extra hours?
That is exactly what my family does! :)

We're staying at a moderate resort and have purchased tickets for the extra hours party. The MK tickets are expensive and hopefully worth the money.

Yes they are. So far dates are on the calendar through the week of 3/6.

Edit: I’ve found them worth it. I’ve been there on 4 trips with them and I plan my day around being at able to attend.
Did you park hop into any of those Extended Evening hours? I made park reservations already for day, so I’m guessing if I already have AK reserved and EEH are MK, I can always hop over after 2, or later. Also, do they just scan your magic bands to see you are at Deluxe, or do you have to get a wristband like for holiday parties?

Did you park hop into any of those Extended Evening hours? I made park reservations already for day, so I’m guessing if I already have AK reserved and EEH are MK, I can always hop over after 2, or later. Also, do they just scan your magic bands to see you are at Deluxe, or do you have to get a wristband like for holiday parties?
They scan your magicbands at each ride entrance. And some days I’ve hopped because I started one place in the morning then gone back to the room to work and then headed back to the park in the evening. Ok others it’s been the only park I gone to since it was on an arrival day and I fly in from the west coast so I don’t arrive on property before 5:30/6 at the earliest.

We arrive to BC on a Monday (after spending 3 days at Universal): I originally planned to do HS that evening but now I'm considering doing Epcot instead (and staying for extended hours).

How are Remy/Frozen/TT waits during these nights?

We're NOT rope drop people so doing a couple of late nights (also planning MK for that Wed) works better for my family.

For non deluxe guests can you be in the park during this event but NOT riding rides? Could you say be on Main St or in shops/countries in Epcot, etc?

For non deluxe guests can you be in the park during this event but NOT riding rides? Could you say be on Main St or in shops/countries in Epcot, etc?
The countries in Epcot close. I’m not sure if the shops scan your Magicband after a certain amount of time to check if you are eligible for emh.

We’ve been able to do a lot during the extra evening hours. The extra Guardians VQ drop is great!
They do another Guardians drop (in addition to 1PM) on EMH nights? I never knew that!!! What time is the drop, like 6PM?

What I mean is that in epcot, it’s just the rides. So it’s not like the shops or dining or world showcase pavilions are really open besides the rides. And that may be enough! But I was clarifying that it’s not like the park looks open during these extended hours in the way that maybe one would expect if you haven’t been to them before.
So the food booths for festivals aren't open during the extra evening hours? If so, that will change my plans :(

They do another Guardians drop (in addition to 1PM) on EMH nights? I never knew that!!! What time is the drop, like 6PM?
As above, yes, at 6 PM guests at the Deluxe resorts and other specified resorts who have valid admission to Epcot can try for a GotG VQ from anywhere and don't have to have entered Epcot already that day. DH got them for us from Beaches & Cream last July and from Primo Piatto at the Riviera earlier this week.

Does anyone think they’ll be a VQ for Tron, like there is for Guardians, for extra hours?

Does anyone think they’ll be a VQ for Tron, like there is for Guardians, for extra hours?
I do. If there's not a VQ, the lines will be extremely long despite the extra hours being limited to certain guests. IMHO, either there will be a VQ, or Tron won't be open for DEEH.

If you aren't at a Deluxe resort - should you stay away from Wed in MK? Do the extra magic hours bring the crowds at night as they can stay until midnight?

If you aren't at a Deluxe resort - should you stay away from Wed in MK? Do the extra magic hours bring the crowds at night as they can stay until midnight?
No, it doesn’t seem like the DEEH causes a noticeable increase in attendance. So no need to avoid MK on those days!

Do they only announce the dates and parks 60 days out? Staying the first week of May and trying to decide park plans, want to take advantage of our Wednesday hopefully at MK

If we get a VQ for Guardians earlier in the day, can we get another one when they drop for the extended hours or is it only one per day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!