Extended evening hours

On a MK extended hours night (a Wednesday in June), we have park reservations at Hollywood Studios but plan on hopping over to the MK around 4:00 or 5:00. Are we still eligible for the Tron VQ at 6:00 or do we need a park reservation for MK that day?
Based on above, you will have tapped into MK by 6PM so you will be eligible to try for a VQ as long as you are eligible to attend EEH.

Based on above, you will have tapped into MK by 6PM so you will be eligible to try for a VQ as long as you are eligible to attend EEH.
That’s not correct. You don’t have to hop to MK before joining, you just have to have entered your first park before 6pm if you have hoppers. I have an AP, on 4/19 my park reservation was for AK which I spent the morning at. I then spent the afternoon at the hotel before going to dinner at steakhouse 71, I joined the emh VQ right before leaving my hotel room to head over to the contemporary. I didn’t enter MK until after 8pm.

That’s not correct. You don’t have to hop to MK before joining, you just have to have entered your first park before 6pm if you have hoppers. I have an AP, on 4/19 my park reservation was for AK which I spent the morning at. I then spent the afternoon at the hotel before going to dinner at steakhouse 71, I joined the emh VQ right before leaving my hotel room to head over to the contemporary. I didn’t enter MK until after 8pm.
Good to know, thank you!

On a MK extended hours night (a Wednesday in June), we have park reservations at Hollywood Studios but plan on hopping over to the MK around 4:00 or 5:00. Are we still eligible for the Tron VQ at 6:00 or do we need a park reservation for MK that day?
You don’t need a reservation for the park you’re hopping to so you’ll be good to try for VQ.

The challenge is we have both scenarios reported many times on this board. It appears to be consistently inconsistent.

I'm hoping they won't need to have tapped into the MK based on what you're saying but I will say many have reported otherwise. It's basically a buyer beware situation. You should be able to try for a VQ if you have a park hopper and have tapped into your first park but, it's not a guarantee as some have reported not being eligible. I wish it always behaved the same way!!

Anyone staying at the Dolphin (or Swan) gone to extended hours at MK lately?

Was curious about transportation back to the hotel. Or are you just taking BW/BC/YC buses?

The challenge is we have both scenarios reported many times on this board. It appears to be consistently inconsistent.

I'm hoping they won't need to have tapped into the MK based on what you're saying but I will say many have reported otherwise. It's basically a buyer beware situation. You should be able to try for a VQ if you have a park hopper and have tapped into your first park but, it's not a guarantee as some have reported not being eligible. I wish it always behaved the same way!!
Yeah, I am not sure if that is good advice. For 1 PM and 6 PM I think you DO need to have scanned into the park. We were there last month at least for Epcot EE hours and Guardians that was the case. Got to ride twice which was pretty great. This is from Disney tourist blog ...
Do we need to be in the park for the 1 pm virtual queue opening?

No. However, everyone in your party does need to enter EPCOT at some point before 1 pm in order to “unlock” access to the virtual queue at 1 pm.

Yeah, I am not sure if that is good advice. For 1 PM and 6 PM I think you DO need to have scanned into the park. We were there last month at least for Epcot EE hours and Guardians that was the case. Got to ride twice which was pretty great. This is from Disney tourist blog ...
Do we need to be in the park for the 1 pm virtual queue opening?

No. However, everyone in your party does need to enter EPCOT at some point before 1 pm in order to “unlock” access to the virtual queue at 1 pm.
For the 1 PM drop you do need to scan into Epcot first.

The DEEH 6 PM drop is different.

If Epcot is your reserved park, you can try for the VQ at 6 PM whether you have scanned in or not. We have done that more than once (gotten a VQ at 6 PM even though we hadn’t entered any park at all that day, with Epcot as our reserved park).

If Epcot is not your reserved park, you must have hopping privileges and must have scanned into your reserved park in order to try for the 6 PM VQ drop.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest