EXPIRED: Part ONE of 2015 CLUB LEVEL (CL) INFORMATION and HELP Thread DO NOT POST HERE!!!

Thank you. So if I already put my requests in with IPO and they told me they added them, I am better off not doing online check-in at this point, correct? The daybed is the most important to me.

Also, we have to get our magic bands at the front desk. So I feel like online check-in won't really save us much time anyway.

Right, I agree. Just skip online check-in. Best advice I can give you is get there EARLY to check-in. The earlier the better. :)

Unfortunately our flight doesn't land until 5pm :(

Thanks!

We arrived late at the BC CL one year with a party of 5 (my mother came with us) and they didn't have any daybed rooms left. So they brought her a roll-away and then we moved rooms the next day. It was a pain to move but at least we had the daybed for the rest of the week.

We arrived late at the BC CL one year with a party of 5 (my mother came with us) and they didn't have any daybed rooms left. So they brought her a roll-away and then we moved rooms the next day. It was a pain to move but at least we had the daybed for the rest of the week.

That happened to us as well. We came by Disney Cruise Line bus after our Fantasy cruise, and there were none left. I think we arrived at the resort around 11 am or so.

Are there any non-standard-view CL options without reserving a suite or a deluxe room for a family of 5 at the BC? View has never really been that important to me, and I usually won't pay to upgrade it, but I think we're going to stay for our longest CL stay yet, and I'm not sure I want to be overlooking a parking lot or trees.

I posted Poly lounge photos a few pages back, but they are from our January stay. We didn't feel like the bungalows interfered with the castle view and didn't mind seeing them on the lagoon. They are off to the side when looking out the lounge windows, and I actually think it looks more festive.

Thanks - going back to look for them now!!

Are there any non-standard-view CL options without reserving a suite or a deluxe room for a family of 5 at the BC? View has never really been that important to me, and I usually won't pay to upgrade it, but I think we're going to stay for our longest CL stay yet, and I'm not sure I want to be overlooking a parking lot or trees.

I can totally understand. We ended up checking out of the BC CL last March early and moving to the CR CL just to get a daybed and some space for the kids. My boys were on the verge of killing each other. The main reason I booked a villa at Kidani for next week is because I couldn't deal with them annoying each other and ruining my trip. Teenagers!!!!! :faint:

Does anyone know what the pool hours usually are in September? We land at Orlando at 5:15 PM we are getting a rental car. We will need to grab dinner maybe in Epcot but I know my kids will want to swim. Thank you

We're single digits today! :)

That happened to us as well. We came by Disney Cruise Line bus after our Fantasy cruise, and there were none left. I think we arrived at the resort around 11 am or so.

We love BC, and I would love to be able to book a CL room with a view on the same floor as the lounge for our family of five! In 2011, we also arrived by DCL bus after our cruise on the Dream. It was early - around 9:30am. We booked CL-garden view and sacrificed a great bounceback offer on a standard room because we really wanted that slightly better view for our post-cruise resort day. Unfortunately, there are very few CL-GV rooms with daybeds and we're a party of five, so the resort automatically switched us to CL-standard. Not a huge deal initially, but then the CM insisted that we booked standard and when I was able to demonstrate otherwise, he expressed no concern, offered no other options (such as a rollaway) and was openly critical of me to another CM. This is very unusual and I usually don't mention it because BC more than compensated for the negative interaction.

In the end, two very positive results: 1) BC changed the maximum party size for BC GV CL to four. This makes sense because they have so few of these rooms available with a daybed. Unfortunately, though, there are currently no options on the 5th floor with a view for families of five. 2) A manager called to let us know they assigned us to a 2-bedroom suite. We only wanted what we booked (GV CL) or comparable and were willing to switch over to BWI if necessary, so this was really more than we would have ever expected!

We're single digits today! :)

We love BC, and I would love to be able to book a CL room with a view on the same floor as the lounge for our family of five! In 2011, we also arrived by DCL bus after our cruise on the Dream. It was early - around 9:30am. We booked CL-garden view and sacrificed a great bounceback offer on a standard room because we really wanted that slightly better view for our post-cruise resort day. Unfortunately, there are very few CL-GV rooms with daybeds and we're a party of five, so the resort automatically switched us to CL-standard. Not a huge deal initially, but then the CM insisted that we booked standard and when I was able to demonstrate otherwise, he expressed no concern, offered no other options (such as a rollaway) and was openly critical of me to another CM. This is very unusual and I usually don't mention it because BC more than compensated for the negative interaction.

In the end, two very positive results: 1) BC changed the maximum party size for BC GV CL to four. This makes sense because they have so few of these rooms available with a daybed. Unfortunately, though, there are currently no options on the 5th floor with a view for families of five. 2) A manager called to let us know they assigned us to a 2-bedroom suite. We only wanted what we booked (GV CL) or comparable and were willing to switch over to BWI if necessary, so this was really more than we would have ever expected!

I'm sure you remember my debacle checking-in a few years ago and being told the only GV room they had left was a king bed so they put us down on the 3rd floor. But they made up for it with mega pixie dust, so I rarely complain about it. Still I always advise people if a daybed is a must and it will literally ruin your trip not to have one then don't book YC/BC.... pick a monorail resort.

I'm now all confirmed Erika, please add me to the club level guest list for 17-24 November at the Old Faithful Club - I'm so happy I'm returning to my special place. :yay:

I'm sure you remember my debacle checking-in a few years ago and being told the only GV room they had left was a king bed so they put us down on the 3rd floor. But they made up for it with mega pixie dust, so I rarely complain about it. Still I always advise people if a daybed is a must and it will literally ruin your trip not to have one then don't book YC/BC.... pick a monorail resort.

Good advice! At BC, it's like daybed and balcony roulette! I still love it, but partially because I'm aware of the pros and cons. I haven't mentioned the issue from four years ago until now, but I agree it's good to know of the room assignment uncertainty going in. And I give Disney so much credit because they really know how to fix an issue!

We're staying BC CL standard for Easter Weekend and I'm prepared for a small balcony, no daybed and a dumpster view. I'm just so excited about the new room decor and the new lounge that I'm ready for anything. :)

Time to start your live report thread - just five days for you! Following your live report has become a pre-trip tradition for us. And funny thing is that I may need to attend a conference at WDW at the end of June . . . so it looks like the tradition would continue!

Good advice! At BC, it's like daybed and balcony roulette! I still love it, but partially because I'm aware of the pros and cons. I haven't mentioned the issue from four years ago until now, but I agree it's good to know of the room assignment uncertainty going in. And I give Disney so much credit because they really know how to fix an issue!

We're staying BC CL standard for Easter Weekend and I'm prepared for a small balcony, no daybed and a dumpster view. I'm just so excited about the new room decor and the new lounge that I'm ready for anything. :)

Time to start your live report thread - just five days for you! Following your live report has become a pre-trip tradition for us. And funny thing is that I may need to attend a conference at WDW at the end of June . . . so it looks like the tradition would continue!

I'm LOL'ing at your dumpster view because that's what we had last spring break! No daybed, and a dumpster! ;) By the time we moved over to the Atrium Club we felt like we'd walked straight into heaven. When we went back to the YC last summer we splurged for water view mainly because we knew we couldn't relive that spring break trip again. LOL
Trip report! YES! Gotta get that going! This week is crazy busy!

Hello Everyone!

We are planning our annual Disney Vacation for September, we have always stayed at the Contemporary Club Level and we've never had any issues, but this year for some reason the week we are in town the entire hotel is booked up.. No club level for us.. I don't mind trying a new place, but my son and I have celiac's disease and the CR was so helpful in planning and getting food that we could both eat in the lounge. They made special waffles and eggs and a fruit plate every day.. it was amazing..

So now, we are trying to decide which pampering of food will be better for us at either the Poly or the Grand Floridian. My son is 13 and will try a lot of things, but we are so used to our comfort zone that we are worried that if we go to one place over another we won't be happy and have a bad experience.
Its his birthday and mine too that week so we need good vibes.

Thanks in advance..

Darn. I had a feeling that we weren't going to have a pretty view. :/

I really am torn as to what to do this summer. We're staying on points for 5 nights at the GFV, but I have 5 nights before that I need to pick for a cash reservation, and we'd like to stay CL. I want a great pool and a different area than the monorail resorts, I think (especially because we're staying at the Poly 2x this year, and have already stayed BLT and WL this year). I'd pick BW in a heartbeat because of the awesome CL, but the pool just isn't as great as BC/YC. Maybe I should do a few nights BW for the view/great CL, and then a few nights BC CL, sacrificing the view for the pool? Although we a professional split stayers, I had actually hoped to do fewer moves this trip, but I would really like to get back to BW maybe one more time this year because Lorenzo just told us that he's thinking of retiring next year and I'm not sure we'd be back before that would happen. :(

Hello Everyone!

We are planning our annual Disney Vacation for September, we have always stayed at the Contemporary Club Level and we've never had any issues, but this year for some reason the week we are in town the entire hotel is booked up.. No club level for us.. I don't mind trying a new place, but my son and I have celiac's disease and the CR was so helpful in planning and getting food that we could both eat in the lounge. They made special waffles and eggs and a fruit plate every day.. it was amazing..

So now, we are trying to decide which pampering of food will be better for us at either the Poly or the Grand Floridian. My son is 13 and will try a lot of things, but we are so used to our comfort zone that we are worried that if we go to one place over another we won't be happy and have a bad experience.
Its his birthday and mine too that week so we need good vibes.

Thanks in advance..

I think the GF would be the best bet for you. RPC in the main building has the most food offerings (and the highest cost) of all of the CL, and my guess is that they would be super accommodating for you. While I love the Poly lounge, and the Poly dedicated building to CL, I don't feel like I have quite the same amount of attention there. I feel like both the GF and the CR staffs are much more attentive.

Darn. I had a feeling that we weren't going to have a pretty view. :/

I really am torn as to what to do this summer. We're staying on points for 5 nights at the GFV, but I have 5 nights before that I need to pick for a cash reservation, and we'd like to stay CL. I want a great pool and a different area than the monorail resorts, I think (especially because we're staying at the Poly 2x this year, and have already stayed BLT and WL this year). I'd pick BW in a heartbeat because of the awesome CL, but the pool just isn't as great as BC/YC. Maybe I should do a few nights BW for the view/great CL, and then a few nights BC CL, sacrificing the view for the pool? Although we a professional split stayers, I had actually hoped to do fewer moves this trip, but I would really like to get back to BW maybe one more time this year because Lorenzo just told us that he's thinking of retiring next year and I'm not sure we'd be back before that would happen. :(

I agree, we love BWI CL but the pool situation is crap in my opinion. Really nothing can compare to Stormalong Bay. If you want a pretty view I recommend water view at YC CL. You'll be guaranteed a full size balcony, the views are awesome, and the pool atmosphere is the best.

I think the GF would be the best bet for you. RPC in the main building has the most food offerings (and the highest cost) of all of the CL, and my guess is that they would be super accommodating for you. While I love the Poly lounge, and the Poly dedicated building to CL, I don't feel like I have quite the same amount of attention there. I feel like both the GF and the CR staffs are much more attentive.

I agree. I had a client with a food allergy issue and they had ridiculous delays every morning trying to wait for his breakfast at the Poly. Granted it is very nice for them to even be willing to make a special meal but due to the allergy concerns it had to be prepared in the GCH and brought to Hawaii on a cart each day, which took time. Apparently the kitchen in the lounge is not allergy safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter