Expect the Unexpected: A 2021 PTR- finally updated and planning our next trip!

The whole system is crazy and I'm lucky my job will let me be out 12 weeks paid. I know women who had to go back to work weeks after having their babies and I just can't imagine!

Yep it is horrible here. I worked at a daycare when I had my 2. I had AFLAC at the time so I got paid something. If it wasn't for that I would have gotten paid nothing. I only got 2 weeks of vacation time a 3 sick days that had to be used when sick. I had issues with both so time off was used up on doctor appointments. I took 7 weeks with DS. His baptism was Memorial weekend so I took one more week to get everything together. for DD it was 6 weeks. It sucked but I go to have the kids in the same building as me. Until DD was 6 months old and I finally left the daycare.

What did you eat from Docking Bay 7? We really liked Beaches and Cream but I think the last time we were there was 2016 or 2017 so I can't wait to go back.
We got the veggie hummus something or other... it was essentially hummus and falafel with veggies. I really liked it. We also got the pekka pasta rings which is on the kids menu, and that was just ok. It would be great for a picky kid though! Haha. My sister and BIL got something beef I think? And maybe also a chicken thing? She said it was delicious. I don’t eat meat, so I can’t confirm.

I'm glad you got your vaccine! I'm sure it's a relief- especially with travelling and eventually going back to work.

I was so back and forth about it but I'm happy to have all the protection I can.

That would be great to get some photos done! And such a good idea to do it with an ex CM to help support them!

I'm still trying to get it lined up but I hope it can happen!

Yep it is horrible here. I worked at a daycare when I had my 2. I had AFLAC at the time so I got paid something. If it wasn't for that I would have gotten paid nothing. I only got 2 weeks of vacation time a 3 sick days that had to be used when sick. I had issues with both so time off was used up on doctor appointments. I took 7 weeks with DS. His baptism was Memorial weekend so I took one more week to get everything together. for DD it was 6 weeks. It sucked but I go to have the kids in the same building as me. Until DD was 6 months old and I finally left the daycare.

It's so sad that there isn't a better maternity leave system in place. I go back the first week of March so I'll have been home 12 weeks and even that feels too soon for me!

We got the veggie hummus something or other... it was essentially hummus and falafel with veggies. I really liked it. We also got the pekka pasta rings which is on the kids menu, and that was just ok. It would be great for a picky kid though! Haha. My sister and BIL got something beef I think? And maybe also a chicken thing? She said it was delicious. I don’t eat meat, so I can’t confirm.

Oo thank you! I'm excited to try it!

So we are back from our trip! Have been for a little while actually lol but I had no time to make it back to the Dis!

Unfortunately I had to return to work last week. Robert and I had just gotten into a nice routine and now we've all had to readjust so it's kinda been chaos but we're working on it!

Anyway, we had a great trip! Much more slower paced than we're used to but it was amazing to see Robert taking in everything. Hopefully, I will one day get around to writing a trip report about it!

Here's a few pictures from the trip in the meanwhile:

disney family.jpg

mardi gras.jpg

robert in mk.jpg

And happy belated St. Patrick's Day from our lucky charm 🍀💚

lucky charms.jpg

So we are back from our trip!
Welcome back! :)
Unfortunately I had to return to work last week. Robert and I had just gotten into a nice routine and now we've all had to readjust so it's kinda been chaos but we're working on it!
Ugh... Hate those words.... return to work...
Anyway, we had a great trip!
Good! Glad to hear!
Much more slower paced than we're used to but it was amazing to see Robert taking in everything.
:goodvibes
disney family.jpg
Awww. :)
:laughing: Look at that smile! Now there's a happy baby!
Did all those come from one box???

So we are back from our trip! Have been for a little while actually lol but I had no time to make it back to the Dis!
Glad to hear you had a good trip....I was thinking of you guys and hoping you had fun. :)
So sad that you had to go back already. The US really needs to up their game where mat leave is concerned. Is Robert going to daycare? Hope you guys get a new routine going soon.
And happy belated St. Patrick's Day from our lucky charm 🍀💚
He is so, so adorable!

I loved all the pictures your shared during your trip! It looks like it was a nice time, and I'm sure as a mom, it was really special taking your kid for the first time. Looking forward to the trip report!

Glad to hear you had a good trip....I was thinking of you guys and hoping you had fun. :)

Aww thank you!

So sad that you had to go back already. The US really needs to up their game where mat leave is concerned. Is Robert going to daycare? Hope you guys get a new routine going soon.

Yes they definitely do! It's a disaster. Thankfully, Mike and I are trying to work different days and when we do overlap, either my mom or sister watch him.

He is so, so adorable!

Thank you! 🥰 🥰

I loved all the pictures your shared during your trip! It looks like it was a nice time, and I'm sure as a mom, it was really special taking your kid for the first time. Looking forward to the trip report!

Aw thank you! It was so different and so amazing! 🥰

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter