• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Expect the Unexpected: A 2021 PTR- finally updated and planning our next trip!

Your baby is gorgeous!!!
I don’t know how I missed the news that he was born but CONGRATULATIONS!!!
You must be so excited to plan your first trip with him! Obviously he won’t k ow much of what’s going on but it’s usually an age where they sleep anywhere (strollers, baby carriers) and they are not heavy to carry so you should have a great time!

Robert is so cute. When buying my kids clothes the outlets were the best. You never spent too much money on clothes they would grow out of quickly. Be careful though on how much you buy at a size. DS was very predictable. His age always matched the size. DD on the other hand did not. She would stay a size forever and then skip a size. She completely skipped 12 month clothes.

We found a great rate for the Doubletree Suites in the Disney Springs area for our dates in February and are seriously contemplating changing our reservation. Anyone ever stayed there?

I have not stayed at this Double Tree but stayed in one for a conference in Albuquerque. I thought they were really nice.

know Disney is a business and losing a lot of money so I get it from that standpoint but it bums me out. I love the Disney resorts and still will continue to stay on-site mostly but for budget friendly trips, it's getting harder to justify staying on property. Right now other than being Disney obsessed, there's really no benefits to it.
I am totally with you. Most of the announcements Disney has made have been ok. But this one about Magical Express really hurts. We have always loved not needing to drive anywhere or get lost or pick up our bags. I am trying to stay hopefully at what might go in it's place but we will see.

For dinner, we booked an ADR at Morimoto Asia in Disney Springs because I dream about the ribs! :love:
Those ribs are soooo good!!!!

Yess! I'm excited! It's more restricted and you can only hop after 2 pm and you have to call a hotline to make sure the park you want to hop to has availability but it seems like a step in the right direction to me!
Interesting. I didn't know about those rules. Then again... I'm not going any time soon, so there hasn't been a real need to know the rules
I am quickly learning this myself! It's crazy to me how he seems like a totally different baby this week than last week.
::yes::
Well, hi there little guy! :)
He finally wore his Disney Christmas pajamas that day :rotfl:
Still counts!
We received $200 in Carters gift cards so we went there and stocked up on clearance clothes for the summer and next winter!
Nice. :)
I'm guessing most of us heard the news about Disney doing away with the Magical Express and EMH?
Yep.
I probably have different feelings about it than most.
for budget friendly trips, it's getting harder to justify staying on property.
True. Then again, for a budget vacation you'd have a hard time justifying Disney these days.
This is always a must-do for us because Mike is obsessed with this beef lo mein.
ooohhh... that looks good. Must remember that.

He is so adorable!

Thank you!! 💙 💙

I used to do the exact same thing when family would give us money at Christmas. I'd head out to the mall on Boxing Day and completely stock up for the next year. I saved so much money that way!

I love a good sale and it's amazing how cheap you can find things!

We stayed there one night in 2015 before checking in the Beach Club. It was very clean and the separate bedroom area and mini kitchen was perfect. They also had a great breakfast. We really liked it! I stayed at the B resort in March 2019 (on that same street) and found it good as well.

Oo awesome! Thanks for sharing!

We got those same jammies! I may have gotten the whole family the matching jammies. We found a photographer who was doing private mini sessions with Santa so I brought the jammies incase Santa got Covid (it was mentioned he could cancel if needed), figuring we could take some family photos instead. Well Santa was there and the photographer saw the pajamas and was like, well we have to do that too so go put them on! The photos came out so cute! We also got the "Baby's 1st Xmas" onesie from the Disney Store. I may also have a problem buying all the cute stuff lol.

Oo how cute! I wanted the family matching jammies but they were out of our adult sizes by the time I went lol. It's so hard to resist buying all the cute things!

Your baby is gorgeous!!!
I don’t know how I missed the news that he was born but CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Thank you!! 💙 💙

You must be so excited to plan your first trip with him! Obviously he won’t k ow much of what’s going on but it’s usually an age where they sleep anywhere (strollers, baby carriers) and they are not heavy to carry so you should have a great time!

I'm so excited to take him! I'm trying to get him used to the baby carrier this week so hopefully he'll be happy in it!

Robert is so cute. When buying my kids clothes the outlets were the best. You never spent too much money on clothes they would grow out of quickly.

Thank you! Exactly- he's already growing out of newborn sizes and there's stuff he hasn't even worn so I can't bring myself to spend so much on clothes.

Be careful though on how much you buy at a size. DS was very predictable. His age always matched the size. DD on the other hand did not. She would stay a size forever and then skip a size. She completely skipped 12 month clothes.

Oo I didn't think of that! We have a good amount of hand-me-downs too so I think I'll stop buying for awhile and see what he ends up doing. Thanks for that!

I have not stayed at this Double Tree but stayed in one for a conference in Albuquerque. I thought they were really nice.

Awesome!

I am totally with you. Most of the announcements Disney has made have been ok. But this one about Magical Express really hurts. We have always loved not needing to drive anywhere or get lost or pick up our bags. I am trying to stay hopefully at what might go in it's place but we will see.

Exactly. The luggage service was so convenient too. As someone who travelled solo several times, Magical Express was a big reason I felt comfortable. I didn't have to worry about getting a ride or dealing with my own suitcases and now traveling with kid(s), it would be even more useful but all we can do is hope they come up with something good.

Those ribs are soooo good!!!!

Omg yes! I found a recipe to recreate them online and I'm trying to convince Mike to try lol.

Interesting. I didn't know about those rules. Then again... I'm not going any time soon, so there hasn't been a real need to know the rules

Good point. I guess they have to have rules to try to control the capacity but it's a step back to the WDW pre-COVID so I'll take it.

Well, hi there little guy! :)

I can't believe how quickly he's growing!

Still counts!

We're still making our way through Christmas outfits :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yep.
I probably have different feelings about it than most.

What are your feelings?

True. Then again, for a budget vacation you'd have a hard time justifying Disney these days.

Very accurate point.

ooohhh... that looks good. Must remember that.

It's delicious! The beef melts in your mouth. I always get something else and then wish I just got that too lol

Omg yes! I found a recipe to recreate them online and I'm trying to convince Mike to try lol.
Ohhh!!! Where did you find the recipe. I might need to try to make them. Although they are fried, and that is a level of difficulty that I am not sure I can accomplish.

it would be even more useful but all we can do is hope they come up with something good.
They do have a year to hear the uproar about it and come up with something. We will see.

We haven't done much more in the way of planning. We spoke to Mike's sister and sorted out arrangements for the family portion of our trip pre-Disney but that's really it.

I'm currently arguing with payroll at my job. Since I had a c-section, I get 8 weeks of disability but the hospital allows me to be out for 12 weeks and get paid using my time. Because of this, I saved up all my time during my pregnancy to make sure I had 12 weeks of time to get paid while I was out. Well, someone at payroll is not doing their job because I haven't gotten paid since I was out and disability is giving me $160 a week :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thankfully we have savings that we haven't had to dip into yet but I don't understand how hard it is to pay someone! I'm sure the payroll people wouldn't accept not being paid for 6 weeks. Ugh.

Robert keeps getting bigger and this week, he feels like a totally different baby. He's so much more awake and alert and interested in things around him. He fixates on the tv and is always looking around everywhere. Because of this, he's having a harder time falling asleep because he's so easily distracted. I'm excited about this for our trip since I'm hoping it means he'll be at least a little interested in some of the rides but also nervous about the sleep issues but we have a month still so hopefully that will get better.

We got him these blocks yesterday because I read that babies like the contrast and he's obessed! He stares at them so much. Some of the blocks have mirrors on them and he just stares at himself in them and sticks his tongue out lol.

Universal announced their plans for their Mardi Gras celebration recently and I'm really excited about it.

Since they can't have the parade, the floats are going to be stationed around the park and the tribute store they use for Halloween Horror Nights is being rethemed for it. Plus, all the food booths sound delicious. I'm excited to go on the rides again but since there isn't much Robert can ride there, it'll be nice to partake in the celebration and not just spend our whole day rider swapping!

Mike's nephew who joined us for the Universal part of our trip in October 2019 (trip report in progress here) was planning to come with us but he made the decision to join the army and is leaving this week for basic training! We are so proud of him and wish him the best!

Ohhh!!! Where did you find the recipe. I might need to try to make them. Although they are fried, and that is a level of difficulty that I am not sure I can accomplish.

It was in an old Disney parks blog post: Morimoto spare ribs . I hope that link posts lol. They do sound very complicated. As someone who doesn't really cook, I told Mike it sounds easier to just go back to Disney lol

They do have a year to hear the uproar about it and come up with something. We will see.

I hope they will reconsider if enough noise is made about it!

Well, someone at payroll is not doing their job because I haven't gotten paid since I was out and disability is giving me $160 a week :eek: :eek: :eek:
Ugh! I hope they get that straightened out soon. That is the worst.

We got him these blocks yesterday because I read that babies like the contrast and he's obessed! He stares at them so much. Some of the blocks have mirrors on them and he just stares at himself in them and sticks his tongue out lol.
We had a set of penquins that were super contrasty and my girls would just stare at them. I used to say they were there first friends.

It was in an old Disney parks blog post: Morimoto spare ribs . I hope that link posts lol. They do sound very complicated. As someone who doesn't really cook, I told Mike it sounds easier to just go back to Disney lol
Ha! You are probably right!! And the link worked! Thanks.

Good point. I guess they have to have rules to try to control the capacity but it's a step back to the WDW pre-COVID so I'll take it.
:thumbsup2
We're still making our way through Christmas outfits :rotfl: :rotfl:
:laughing: Thank goodness for birthdays and showers and Christmas!
What are your feelings?
Well... I've been to Disney by car and by plane when DME didn't exist. So not to have it? I've done it before and it's not a big deal to not have it again. And maybe it'll be even faster with Brightline. We'll see! Either way... just don't really care.
As for EMH...
I usually didn't take advantage of evening EMH, instead preferring to do mornings. But the more popular/widely known it got, it seemed more and more people were saying to avoid that park. So now, with all parks opening 30 minutes early for resort guests... it takes that factor off the table.

So... I guess I'm fine with both changes.
I can't believe how quickly he's growing!
That might not stop for a while. ;)
We spoke to Mike's sister and sorted out arrangements for the family portion of our trip pre-Disney but that's really it.
That's a lot! You got everyone to agree on things? :faint:
Since I had a c-section, I get 8 weeks of disability but the hospital allows me to be out for 12 weeks and get paid using my time. Because of this, I saved up all my time during my pregnancy to make sure I had 12 weeks of time to get paid while I was out. Well, someone at payroll is not doing their job because I haven't gotten paid since I was out and disability is giving me $160 a week :eek: :eek: :eek:
Not okay Courtey's work!
Robert keeps getting bigger and this week, he feels like a totally different baby.
:) Get used to it.
We got him these blocks yesterday because I read that babies like the contrast and he's obessed!
Great! :)
Some of the blocks have mirrors on them and he just stares at himself in them and sticks his tongue out lol.
:laughing:

Robert keeps getting bigger and this week, he feels like a totally different baby. He's so much more awake and alert and interested in things around him. He fixates on the tv and is always looking around everywhere. Because of this, he's having a harder time falling asleep because he's so easily distracted. I'm excited about this for our trip since I'm hoping it means he'll be at least a little interested in some of the rides but also nervous about the sleep issues but we have a month still so hopefully that will get better.

They do grow so fast. I know everyone tells you to cherish this time because it flies. It truly does. I swear it was just yesterday that they were in diapers. Now I am working though high schedules. I will have a 9th and 10th grader next year and one with his temps :eek:.

DS used to be a busy body and had to see everything. I always had to hold him facing out. If not he would bend his back as far as it would to see things behind him. If we were out and while he was at daycare, the only thing that put him to sleep was looking outside. I am not sure why but he would gaze outside for like 15 minutes and then just fall asleep. Daycare had to move his crib to be by one of the windows or he would never sleep.

We had these too. They were great. I am glad Robert likes them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter