Expect the Unexpected: A 2021 PTR- finally updated and planning our next trip!

So I finally had free time to myself this afternoon andddd apparently someone hacked the Disboards??

Now that they're back, I'm trying to sneak some time in while dad and baby are watching baseball!

I hope everyone who celebrates had a nice Easter! We celebrated just with my immediate family but it was a nice day and Robert is so interested in toys now (mostly to try to eat them).

robert bunny.jpg

robert 1st easter bunny.jpg

robert easter pic.jpg

He had his 4 month check up today and he gained 4.5 lbs in 2 months. He jumped from the 28th percentile in weight to the 61st!

Also today, we got a random package of tiny t-rexes? And no one has fessed up to sending them yet!

tiny trex.jpg

In Disney news, we're sneaking in a short trip next month!

You may be thinking we're crazy and we probably are but work has been crazy since going back and we've all been going non-stop. It feels like we rarely get family quality time since Mike and I try to work opposite days so it feels like we need a break.

I discovered that Southwest has nonstop flights from LGA to MCO again and we have flight credits from our cancelled trip to Colorado last year so we only had to pay for Robert's seat which was under $100!

We're going from May 16-19 but because of the flight times, we'll only be able to do 2 park days so we reserved a day at Epcot and at Magic Kingdom. The night we get there, we plan to go to Disney Springs for dinner and Gideon's!

I also recently got a Cricut so I'm working on some onesies for Robert for the trip!

I cut the vinyl for this one today and just have to press it on!

Disney Bound Mickey.png

Anyone have tips for flying with an infant?? Since we drove last time, this is like a whole new ballpark for us!

So I finally had free time to myself this afternoon andddd apparently someone hacked the Disboards??
Yep. All the threads were gone, except for PMs and there was a very poorly worded demand for... I think it was $1,500 in Crypto or Bitcoin.
It never occurred to me, but apparently at least some people were considering paying it! I sure hope no one did.
Robert is so interested in toys now (mostly to try to eat them).
I'm the same.

:rolleyes:
robert easter pic.jpg
Awww. :)
Also today, we got a random package of tiny t-rexes? And no one has fessed up to sending them yet!
It's rather vexing when one receives a rexing.

(No, it wasn't me. I don't have your address. :))
In Disney news, we're sneaking in a short trip next month!
:dogdance:
You may be thinking we're crazy and we probably are but work has been crazy since going back and we've all been going non-stop. It feels like we rarely get family quality time since Mike and I try to work opposite days so it feels like we need a break.
You don't need a reason... but you certainly have one!
I discovered that Southwest has nonstop flights from LGA to MCO again and we have flight credits from our cancelled trip to Colorado last year so we only had to pay for Robert's seat which was under $100!
Nice!!!
I also recently got a Cricut so I'm working on some onesies for Robert for the trip!
My DD has one and just loves it. :)
I cut the vinyl for this one today and just have to press it on!

Disney Bound Mickey.png
Nice! I like it.
Anyone have tips for flying with an infant??
It's been a long time since I've flown with a baby (about 22 years), but I remember we'd put the seat tray down and perch her on that so we could play facing each other.
If, by chance, he gets an ear ache... he will let you know, all the way there, and people will hate you... but all the parents (well, most) will understand. Do not let it get to you, it's just part of life. Hopefully it won't be an issue. It almost always isn't. But better prepared than not. If it is a problem. Tylenol might help, and feeding will too. (Makes their jaws move which releases the eustachian tube and "pops" the ear.

Anyone have tips for flying with an infant?? Since we drove last time, this is like a whole new ballpark for us!
I never actually flew when the girls were babies. But I know that they say to try and wait to either nurse or feed him a bottle during take off. The sucking helps with the cabin pressure change. Otherwise, my girlfriend flew with a toddler and a baby by herself, and she said wearing the baby helped a lot in the airport. I think at the time, they made her take off the baby carrier which was a pain.

Do you think you will bring a stroller with you? Or rent one down there? I have heard arguements on both. Some say having the stroller is helpful in the airport. And some say it is just one more thing to deal with.

Sounds like a nice quiet Easter! We were able to celebrate with my aunt and uncle and they finally got to meet the baby! Of course she is now in her stranger danger phase and cried with them. She was feeling better right before they left and grabbed my dad (unopened) bud light. Naturally it made for a classic photo op lol. 7 months is so fun haha! We will be in Disney May 14-18! Staying at the Yacht Club with some friends for an adult only trip! It will be so weird leaving the baby, but mom and dad need to reconnect. As for traveling with a baby, I have no tips, Covid ruined all our travel plans with the baby. We are going for a week in November (she will be 15 months) and we bought her a seat on the plane. I plan to use her car seat, I got a Cosco Scenara Next, which I have heard is a great travel seat (and at $50 with a Minnie Mouse theme how could I say no?) as well as a car seat back pack to carry it through the airport. We plan on taking our own stroller and will probably have to rent a luggage cart. We also decided to rent a car verses the Disney busses just for ease of traveling with a stroller. I look forward to hearing your travel review as I will be looking for all the tips!

We have done quite a few flights when the kids were little (even overseas) and I can tell you - it’s way easier when they can’t walk! It’s great to travel with a baby!

If you are breastfeeding, try to stretch the next feed just before takeoff or right when you are beginning to land. My kids would feed a lot during our flights, but I would rather have a feeding baby than a crying baby!
If you are bottlefeeding, same thing for timing, and what we found helpful was to have pre measured powder formula in the bottom of the bottle, and carry a hot water thermos and a cold water bottle to mix just the right amount and the right temperature! Plus, bring lots of extra milk in case your flight gets delayed or you have an issue - those things happen unfortunately... Even when I was breastfeeding, we would bring formula just in case!

We also brought 2-3 outfit changes in separate ziplock bags with a diaper, a onesie, a pyjama and wipes - it made it easier to pickup the bag and go to the restrooms for a quick change.

Also, the baby carrier was a life saver in the plane. I would take walks in the aisle (pre Covid... don’t know if that is still allowed?) to put the baby to sleep. We also put the baby in the carrier after landing and would manœuvre baggage claim, customs and getting to our car while the baby was still in the carrier, so I had both hands free! We loved the stroller for before the flight but after the baby carrier was so much better!

As for you, if you are breastfeeding, hydrate hydrate hydrate! (Planes are very dry and our kids would feed almost non stop so I got dehydrated!)

I hope you enjoy your trip! Looking forward to reading about it afterwards!

Yay for another trip! We use to fly all the time with the littles.
Feeding at take off and landing really helps!
My parents lived in Tucson for many years so we went there often.
I love all of Robert’s pictures, such. A. Cutie.
Jack loved Dinosaurs when he was little but not at 4 months lol!

Yay how exciting to squeeze in another trip! Robert is getting so big and cute as ever!

oOo a cricut! I love mine! I can't wait to see what other things you make!

I get that. I just had 3 weeks off and even that was bad enough when I went back.

I hope you enjoyed your time off! But the time to go back always comes too quick.

Yep. All the threads were gone, except for PMs and there was a very poorly worded demand for... I think it was $1,500 in Crypto or Bitcoin.
It never occurred to me, but apparently at least some people were considering paying it! I sure hope no one did.

Whoa! I don't understand Bitcoin at all but that's crazy. I hope no one did also. Glad they were able to recover the boards.

I'm the same.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

It's rather vexing when one receives a rexing.

(No, it wasn't me. I don't have your address. :))

I was so confused but I tracked down the culprit as one of my work friends! There's apparently a website called the Tiny Tent where you can anonymously send people tiny things 🤷‍♀️

You don't need a reason... but you certainly have one!

Exactly how I feel!

My DD has one and just loves it. :)

Oo what does she make with it!

It's been a long time since I've flown with a baby (about 22 years), but I remember we'd put the seat tray down and perch her on that so we could play facing each other.
If, by chance, he gets an ear ache... he will let you know, all the way there, and people will hate you... but all the parents (well, most) will understand. Do not let it get to you, it's just part of life. Hopefully it won't be an issue. It almost always isn't. But better prepared than not. If it is a problem. Tylenol might help, and feeding will too. (Makes their jaws move which releases the eustachian tube and "pops" the ear.

Oo that's a good idea. I'm hoping he sleeps on the plane instead of cries but who knows. The way I look at it, I've sat through many a flight with a baby crying and I just turned my music up louder so others on the plane can do the same! Definitely packing tylenol though.

I hope you enjoyed your time off! But the time to go back always comes too quick
It was a weird time off. Couldn't go anywhere, so... did a lot of not much.
Whoa! I don't understand Bitcoin at all but that's crazy. I hope no one did also. Glad they were able to recover the boards.
I wouldn't know how to buy some, myself. And I don't really want to right now (too volatile.) But! Sure wish I'd bought some a few years ago!
I was so confused but I tracked down the culprit as one of my work friends! There's apparently a website called the Tiny Tent where you can anonymously send people tiny things 🤷‍♀️
Cool!
Oo what does she make with it!
Cards. Scrapbooking. And things for her classroom.

I never actually flew when the girls were babies. But I know that they say to try and wait to either nurse or feed him a bottle during take off. The sucking helps with the cabin pressure change. Otherwise, my girlfriend flew with a toddler and a baby by herself, and she said wearing the baby helped a lot in the airport. I think at the time, they made her take off the baby carrier which was a pain.

Do you think you will bring a stroller with you? Or rent one down there? I have heard arguements on both. Some say having the stroller is helpful in the airport. And some say it is just one more thing to deal with.

I love baby wearing. It keeps him so much calmer and is so much easier than the stroller lol.

We're still trying to decide what to do about the stroller! I can see how it will be helpful in the airport but our regular stroller is so bulky and I'm worried about it getting damaged when we gate-check it. We have an umbrella stroller that we've never used so I'm gonna break that out and see if he's able to use that yet/if it's a good travel option.

Sounds like a nice quiet Easter! We were able to celebrate with my aunt and uncle and they finally got to meet the baby! Of course she is now in her stranger danger phase and cried with them. She was feeling better right before they left and grabbed my dad (unopened) bud light. Naturally it made for a classic photo op lol. 7 months is so fun haha!

Aww lolol that's a great photo memory to have!

We will be in Disney May 14-18! Staying at the Yacht Club with some friends for an adult only trip! It will be so weird leaving the baby, but mom and dad need to reconnect.

Oo an adults only trip will be awesome! Mike and I have had basically no time together since he was born so I totally get that!

I plan to use her car seat, I got a Cosco Scenara Next, which I have heard is a great travel seat (and at $50 with a Minnie Mouse theme how could I say no?) as well as a car seat back pack to carry it through the airport.

We got the same car seat lol- the Mickey mouse version! It's super light which is exciting compared to carrying him in that dang infant carrier. What kinda car seat backpack did you get?? I was looking at a strap on amazon that attaches it to a rolling suitcase.

We plan on taking our own stroller and will probably have to rent a luggage cart. We also decided to rent a car verses the Disney busses just for ease of traveling with a stroller. I look forward to hearing your travel review as I will be looking for all the tips!

We're renting a car also. We really liked having a car the last few trips especially with social distancing and decreased capacity on the buses. Plus, I know it's a thing to travel with babies on public buses without a car seat but it just makes me so anxious. I'm still trying to decide whether to take our stroller or rent one when we get there!

If you are breastfeeding, try to stretch the next feed just before takeoff or right when you are beginning to land. My kids would feed a lot during our flights, but I would rather have a feeding baby than a crying baby!
If you are bottlefeeding, same thing for timing, and what we found helpful was to have pre measured powder formula in the bottom of the bottle, and carry a hot water thermos and a cold water bottle to mix just the right amount and the right temperature! Plus, bring lots of extra milk in case your flight gets delayed or you have an issue - those things happen unfortunately... Even when I was breastfeeding, we would bring formula just in case!

We're bottlefeeding. That's a great tip about storing the formula and water. Thank you!

We also brought 2-3 outfit changes in separate ziplock bags with a diaper, a onesie, a pyjama and wipes - it made it easier to pickup the bag and go to the restrooms for a quick change.

This is so smart!

Also, the baby carrier was a life saver in the plane. I would take walks in the aisle (pre Covid... don’t know if that is still allowed?) to put the baby to sleep. We also put the baby in the carrier after landing and would manœuvre baggage claim, customs and getting to our car while the baby was still in the carrier, so I had both hands free! We loved the stroller for before the flight but after the baby carrier was so much better!

Oo I don't know if that's allowed these days. Good question. I definitely plan to wear him through the airport!

It was a weird time off. Couldn't go anywhere, so... did a lot of not much.

Totally understood. Nice to have time off either way!

I wouldn't know how to buy some, myself. And I don't really want to right now (too volatile.) But! Sure wish I'd bought some a few years ago!

Sameee!

Cards. Scrapbooking. And things for her classroom.

Oo nice. I've always wanted to be a scrapbooker but I spent a ton of money on supplies to scrapbook my first adult trip in 2012 and never did it lol

It's been forever and a half since I made it onto the boards!

I'm going to try to catch up as much as I can but I have no idea when I'll have time to update my own trip reports :faint::faint:

Being back at work full-time is kicking my butt plus I've been working a ton of overtime working at our covid vaccine clinics since they're paying us a lot to do it!

Robert will be 5 months old in a few days! :sad2::sad2:

rugrats robert.jpeg

We're still planning to take our short trip in a couple weeks and even added a day so now we'll be there May 16-20!

We're staying at the Doubletree in Disney Springs which will be a new experience. I got a new Amex card with Hilton rewards so half our stay is free and impossible to pass up lol.

So far our plans are:

May 16: fly in, get rental car, check in at hotel and quick trip to Disney Springs for dinner at Morimoto and Gideon's (hopefully!)

May 17: Epcot (dinner at Garden Grill- Robert's first character meal!)

May 18: Magic Kingdom- hoping to get family pictures taken this day

May 19: we have a park reservation at Animal Kingdom - may or may not hop to another park pending how the day goes. I scored a deal on ibotta last month where it was 10% cash back on Landry's gift cards so I bought $100 gift card to use towards a meal at Yak and Yeti!

May 20: Our flight home is at 12:15. I'm hoping to score an early breakfast reservation at Topolino's before we have to go to the airport but no luck so far.

I made a few onesies for Robert to wear during our trip!

IMG-9487.jpg

I also ordered these cute outfits from H&M:

571887 571888

And got cute Jungle Book outfits from Primark that I don't have a picture of lol.

So Robert's wardrobe is all set lol- no idea what Mike and I will be wearing :rotfl::rotfl:

For anyone traveling with babies who maybe interested in this kinda stuff lol:

I ordered this portable booster seat to bring with us. Robert is eating solids now and sits pretty well but I don't like the lack of support in the typical restaurant booster seat and I'm kinda over having to hold him for meals lol so this one is perfect for us.

It also came with feet that you can put on it to make it stable to sit on the ground outside so we've already used it for hanging out in the backyard and it's wonderful.

We bought Robert a seat on the plane and want him to be in a car seat during the flight so we bought a cheaper, lightweight seat for travel! Bonus- it's Mickey themed lol. And it'll be our backup convertible seat for grandpa's truck when we're not traveling so well worth the $50.

We still haven't decided whether to bring a stroller or rent one when we're there but we'll have to figure it out soon lol.

Hope everyone is doing well! Anyone wanna share any updates/travel plans with me since it's gonna take me some time to catch up on all the reports I'm missing out on?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter