Evidently not without repercussions

Careful...you're gonna get burned....:rolleyes:

You're right.

Not worth the risk.

I'll wait until someone else comes along to put you out.

In the meantime, I'll makes s'mores! :banana:

How fun!

So what kind of Boston themed gift did you give?:confused:

BostonLagerPintGlass.jpg

boston_baked_beans_box.jpg

boston-cream-pie-ii.jpg

We whipped something up in our crockpot.

I'll just leave it at we found someting fun and creative
without having to get to showy.

We whipped something up in our crockpot.

I'll just leave it at we found someting fun and creative
without having to get to showy.

What fun is it if you don't get showy? Get out the glue gun and some sparkle paint and the bedazzler and GO TO TOWN! :cheer2:

By the way, we have had some pretty danged random threads over the years but this one might just take the cake (cheese) or pie (boston creme) :rotfl2:

Makes me wonder what it was we all missed in the first place! :lmao:

Really! Reading through the whole thing at once -- I am like TOTALLY flashing on "Waiting for Godot"

Samuel Beckett -- move over.

I think it proves the old saying about chimpanzees, typewriters, enough time, and Hamlet. :lmao:

It's a full moon -- gittin' nekkid would be completely appropriate.

So she's naked only on the full moon, and has to wear clothes the rest of the time?

That works for me. :thumbsup2

Really! Reading through the whole thing at once -- I am like TOTALLY flashing on "Waiting for Godot"

Jean Genet -- move over.

I think it proves the old saying about chimpanzees, typewriters, enough time, and Hamlet. :lmao:

Godot was Samuel Beckett.

Brilliant play. I was involved with one really BAD production of it in college, and one breathtaking well done production when I was running a small non profit theatre in Texas.

Speaking of theater, the high school is doing "Beauty and the Beast" and middle school kids can audition. I do NOT think DS is auditioning because rehearsals start like next week and run until 5 PM every day. He still isn't in his 8th grade groove enough to handle 5 PM every day.

The middle school THINKS they are doing "Into the Woods", which I have never heard of. DS can't sing. Thoughts, anyone? That production won't be until February so he has time to decide if he wants to audition.

He is ordinarily not fond of memorizing lines, but he did OK at camp this summer. I think if he was in a school production he would really have a good time, and maybe memorizing the lines wouldn't seem so bad.

Godot was Samuel Beckett.

You're 100% right of course.:thumbsup2 just another odd little thing to ponder -- why was it first written and produced in French??? (that's wher my poor befuddled brain came up with Genet -- I'm sure)

Speaking of theater, the high school is doing "Beauty and the Beast" and middle school kids can audition. I do NOT think DS is auditioning because rehearsals start like next week and run until 5 PM every day. He still isn't in his 8th grade groove enough to handle 5 PM every day.

The middle school THINKS they are doing "Into the Woods", which I have never heard of. DS can't sing. Thoughts, anyone? That production won't be until February so he has time to decide if he wants to audition.

He is ordinarily not fond of memorizing lines, but he did OK at camp this summer. I think if he was in a school production he would really have a good time, and maybe memorizing the lines wouldn't seem so bad.

Well, he'd probably make lots of new friends which would surely be a good thing for any kid. One of my boys absolutely loved Theatre in both Jr & Sr High. Isn't Into the Woods" about an empowered Red Riding Hood?

Into the Woods
by Stephen Sondheim

my fav musical.

What happens after happly ever after.

DS knows some of the kids who are taking drama but they are not in his same class period. Also, the play is separate from the drama classes. You do not have to be in drama to be in the play, and you do not have to audition for the play if you are in drama class. I think if the kids who audition are mainly kids who CAN sing that DS will not want to audition.

Wait.. wait... who's making cheesecake in a crockpot?

APPARENTLY THIS LADY(and it sounds yummy :goodvibes:)

Sunday, July 6, 2008
CrockPot Cheesecake Recipe

I've never made a cheesecake before; I always thought it sounded complicated. I'm a pretty picky cheesecake eater, I hate it to be dried out, and I don't want the cheesey part to be too thick. I like a bit of crust in every bite.

Jennifer P. asked quite a while ago if I thought cheesecake could be made in the crockpot, and at the time I honestly didn't know.

Now, I know! Yes! You can totally make cheesecake in the crockpot, and you should.

The Ingredients.
Adapted from a recipe given to me by Anna, at Cookie Madness

Crust

- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (I used Mi-Del gluten free Arrowroot Cookies)
- 2 T brown sugar
- 3 T melted butter

Filling

- 16 oz cream cheese, room temperature (I nuked mine for 30 seconds to get it soft)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature (I put the eggs in a bowl of hot water for a few minutes)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (mmm. cream.)
- 1 t good vanilla
- 1 T flour (I used Pamela's. It didn't make it into the picture)

Directions.

Find a heat-resistant dish that will fit into your crockpot for the cheesecake. You are going to create a bain marie, or water bath. I used a 1.5 qt Corning Ware dish and it fit nicely into 6qt oval. I tried a round cake pan in a 4 qt round, and that fit too. But I opted for my 6qt, because I'm more comfortable with how it heats.

In a plastic zipper bag, beat the animal crackers into crumbs with a rolling pin. Put a cup of the crumbs into a medium bowl, and add melted butter and brown sugar. Stir until it's wet and crumby. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the dish you are going to use.

In a separate bowl, cream the cheese, sugar, eggs, flour, cream, and vanilla with a hand-mixer. Unless you have one of those fancy Kitchen Aids. Then use that. Pour the cheese mixture on top of the crust. Lick the bowl.

Add 1/2 to 1 cup of water to the bottom of your crockpot. Lower the dish inside, being careful to not slosh water into your cheesecake.

Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours. Check after 1 hour, just in case. The cheesecake is done when the edges are no longer shiny and have set. Touch lightly to see that you don't get a bunch of stuff on your finger---then you know it's done. My cheesecake wasn't perfectly set in the middle, but I unplugged the crock anyhow.

I cooked it for exactly 2 hours. Let the cheesecake sit in the cooling crockpot for an hour, before removing and transferring to the refrigerator. Chill in the refrigerator for about 2 hours before cutting and serving.

Elizabeth......

here is another one for you!!!

Maybe you could suggest she bring her crockpot to help her cook her prefrozen meals!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter