Evidently not without repercussions

Are fish extenders somehow related the many MANY emails that I receive from eastern europe and asia promising me "personal enhancement"?

Maybe we could all step off our very
high horses for a moment -and think just maybe
a few a of these people are atemptng to save some cash
because of the expence of a wdw vacation!
Or is Disney only for the rich now?

Maybe we could all step off our very
high horses for a moment -and think just maybe
a few a of these people are atemptng to save some cash
because of the expence of a wdw vacation!
Or is Disney only for the rich now?

Wally, you make a very good point. Nobody is disparaging the need to save money.

But JSG was talking about someone using a crock pot in a deluxe resort. That's not frugality, it's insanity. If money is really the issue, they could stay at a VALUE resort and get the dining plan for less than it would cost to stay at the deluxe and play "Sandra Lee goes on Vacation"

You know there's about a hundred reason why someone would do that.
None of them our business.
Would I. No. I just find this quite judgemental.

And last I checked we don't make the rules.

You know there's about a hundred reason why someone would do that.
None of them our business.
Would I. No. I just find this quite judgemental.

And last I checked we don't make the rules.

You're right. To each his own.

But I'm not going to apologize for thinking it's lame.

I wasn't proposing that we try to stop them from using such items.

Just as I'm not going to let them stop me from snickering to myself.

Well okay -
I'll just end my participation
in the practically perfect people club with this little gem-
"judge not lest you be judged."

Well okay -
I'll just end my participation
in the practically perfect people club with this little gem-
"judge not lest you be judged."

You mean the way that you're apparently judging us right now?

That's cool. We don't have to agree. I think it's silly. You don't.

I never claimed that I was perfect, or that I was better than anyone else.

But I've never held back from saying things are lame when I think they're lame any more than I 've said that things are cool when I think that, too. I call it "my opinion" you call it "being judgemental". Okay. I'm fine with that.

Are fish extenders somehow related the many MANY emails that I receive from eastern europe and asia promising me "personal enhancement"?

No. It is a thing you hang outside your stateroom door on a cruise. Then other people come by and deposit little goodies in it. Like trick-or-treat in reverse. No staple guns required. ;)

Wally, you make a very good point. Nobody is disparaging the need to save money.

But JSG was talking about someone using a crock pot in a deluxe resort. That's not frugality, it's insanity. If money is really the issue, they could stay at a VALUE resort and get the dining plan for less than it would cost to stay at the deluxe and play "Sandra Lee goes on Vacation"

I am not opposed to saving money. People would save a TON of money by staying offsite. They could rent a whole HOUSE for less than a room at AKL.

I am sure I do things that make no sense to other people. But if I post it, it is fair game.

It is State Fair time in TX. EVERYTHING is deep fried on a stick. This year they are introducing deep fried butter. I think that's funny. Other people won't think it is funny at all. Lots of opinions. Not necessarily a right or wrong answer, just lots of opinions. :)

It is State Fair time in TX. EVERYTHING is deep fried on a stick. This year they are introducing deep fried butter. I think that's funny. Other people won't think it is funny at all. Lots of opinions. Not necessarily a right or wrong answer, just lots of opinions. :)

How do you deep fry butter to eat and why would you? :confused3

At our state fair they had chocolate covered bacon.

How do you deep fry butter to eat and why would you? :confused3

At our state fair they had chocolate covered bacon.

Because Texans like to deep fry things. ANY thing.

I am not a big enough bacon fan to want it covered in chocolate.

Off topic (not that there IS a topic here) - 100 years ago I worked at the bank in Pinellas Square mall. :)

I miss the State Fair of Texas! Always a good time!

What's the State Fair musical this year?

And chocolate covered bacon? :confused:

Sounds awesome!:thumbsup2

I miss the State Fair of Texas! Always a good time!

What's the State Fair musical this year?

And chocolate covered bacon? :confused:

Sounds awesome!:thumbsup2

Mary Poppins. I am on the fence about taking DS to see it. I missed all the pre-sale codes from Disney Visa because I didn't think we were going. I am not a huge fan of the Fair. Then the drama teacher said she would love to take the kids to see it but she doesn't know if she can get things organized quickly enough. :rolleyes:

So I am debating whether or not to just buy tickets and go. The rest of the shows this season aren't anything we want to see, so avoiding the Fair to see a show at the Music Hall isn't an option. He liked CATS when I took him to that, but that was NOT during the Fair and the traffic was crazy.

I was thinking of retitling the thread "random thots", but evidently there would be repercussions. I'm still not sure I spelled that correctly.

Jim, when you're here, go to Downtown Disney and find the Earl of Sandwich shop. The've got Miss Vickie's brand of potato chips (what you call crisps, as Wally has so thougtfully pointed out) and have sea salt and vinegar flavor at all times.

Those are the best vinegar and salt chips I've ever tasted.

What fun is it if you don't get showy? Get out the glue gun and some sparkle paint and the bedazzler and GO TO TOWN! :cheer2:

DD9 had a sleepover party this weekend with 5 girls and I had them make a craft involving letters, glitter, paint and more glitter.

By the time they were done it looked like a stripper exploded in my craft room.

Into the Woods
by Stephen Sondheim

my fav musical.

What happens after happly ever after.

I was in that play, but I can't remember what happened. I just keep hearing the refrain "into the woods, something something something da da da da".

You can see why I didn't choose theater as my vocation.

deep fried butter:lmao: I loved the Texas state fair (I was 7 and under back when we lived there so a looong time ago). Do they still have corny dogs? I was so shocked when I said corny dog in Colorado and got laughed at! Almost as bad as when I ordered "a coke" and that crazy Colorado waitress brought me a Cola instead of asking what kind I wanted:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter