• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Park Hopping - Please Read Post 1

I think you should be able to do it onsite, but if you are sure you will hop there is no harm in buying in advance.

The issue with "the parks are full" is that ticket sales are completely stopped when all 4 parks become sold-out of park reservations. Once that happens, the phone CMs are no longer able to see prices and therefore can't do the upgrade. Some folks have reported being able to upgrade by requesting a supervisor or Guest Relations, so I think it's largely a situation that front-line phone CMs don't have access.

Right, I totally agree, went ahead and upgraded them online. Much easier than I expected and no errors. Something distech actually worked!
Edit: And I'm glad I did as Epcot went full the next day I believe. Thanks for the solid advice guys!

So I have park hoppers that I purchased last year before the parks closed for COVID. My trip is coming up end of June. Would I be able to cancel the hoppers now and get a refund? Tickets and park hoppers were purchased from 3rd party seller (not UT but the other one).

So I have park hoppers that I purchased last year before the parks closed for COVID. My trip is coming up end of June. Would I be able to cancel the hoppers now and get a refund? Tickets and park hoppers were purchased from 3rd party seller (not UT but the other one).
You may wish to post this question on the Tickets thread as there are posters there who are very informed about questions like this.

Last summer/fall when hopping wasn't an option, WDW refunded anybody who had purchased it regardless of where you purchased tickets. I haven't heard if anyone was able to get a refund since January. You can always ask.

Our plans have gotten a bit fouled up this week - we planned to do MK tomorrow morning and hop to AK, but now we are hoping to skip going to a park in the morning and go to AK at night. Assuming I am not able to switch our reservation to AK, can we literally just tap our bands at MK, then turn around and leave? Seems kind of weird / cumbersome to do that but I don’t know of any other way we’d be able to go to AK at night. Thanks!

Our plans have gotten a bit fouled up this week - we planned to do MK tomorrow morning and hop to AK, but now we are hoping to skip going to a park in the morning and go to AK at night. Assuming I am not able to switch our reservation to AK, can we literally just tap our bands at MK, then turn around and leave? Seems kind of weird / cumbersome to do that but I don’t know of any other way we’d be able to go to AK at night. Thanks!
Yes. As long as you tap your bands at your reserved park, you can directly to the next park (after 2pm of course).

Yes, you will need to tap into MK.

I have heard (but only from one person on the board so not highly reported) that sometimes Disney opens availability for the parks throughout the day. I can only guess that this is people who decide last minute not to go to the park they reserved and cancel their reservations. You may wish to check throughout the day to see if AK has availability for you to change your reservations.

Yes, you will need to tap into MK.

I have heard (but only from one person on the board so not highly reported) that sometimes Disney opens availability for the parks throughout the day. I can only guess that this is people who decide last minute not to go to the park they reserved and cancel their reservations. You may wish to check throughout the day to see if AK has availability for you to change your reservations.
Yes, the parks' availability has opened up in the afternoon this week. It starts as early as 12 PM. EPCOT availability opens pretty late.

Ok so stupid question but I read through this thread and didn’t see it posted... we’re going 6/17-23 and have hoppers for our tickets. But rather than leaving say, MK and hopping directly to Epcot would prefer to go back to the hotel and get a break. No reason we can’t do that (presuming there is capacity for hopping), right? You don’t have to hop from the 1st park directly to the 2nd is what I’m asking.

Ok so stupid question but I read through this thread and didn’t see it posted... we’re going 6/17-23 and have hoppers for our tickets. But rather than leaving say, MK and hopping directly to Epcot would prefer to go back to the hotel and get a break. No reason we can’t do that (presuming there is capacity for hopping), right? You don’t have to hop from the 1st park directly to the 2nd is what I’m asking.

No, you are fine any time after 2 p.m.

Is there a time that park-to-park busses stop running? If your primary park is closing later than the one to which you hopped, you shouldn't have any trouble getting back to your car right? The other way around seems dicey.

Is there a time that park-to-park busses stop running? If your primary park is closing later than the one to which you hopped, you shouldn't have any trouble getting back to your car right? The other way around seems dicey.
As long as your car is at the park that’s open later, you shouldn’t have any problem getting back to it via Disney transportation. As you say, the other way is dicey - for instance, people who leave their cars at DHS, hop to Epcot and stay until closing there often find themselves walking back to DHS, because the boats and Skyliner stop running to DHS an hour after it closes (while Epcot is still open).

Edited to add - when we drive to the parks, we usually move our car when hopping. Just easier to walk out of the second park and into the car and drive to our next destination.

Last edited:
Yes, there are buses running from park to park.

It is recommended that you take your vehicle to the second park if it is closing earlier than your new park as it could be a challenge getting back to your vehicle and you may need to hire private transportation to get you back to your vehicle.

and no hopping on Arrival Day if you can't get to your reserved park by 2pm, correct?
You may hop at anytime after 2PM but, you must first go to your park reservation park. All you need to do is tap into the reserved park and then you can hop.

E.g. On arrival day you get to your reserved park at 4 PM. You may tap in and then hop to any other park you wish.

THANK YOU all again - clicking “cancel” on our MK reservation was a bit nerve wracking but picked up an AK park pass around 12:15, right before we were about to haul the kids to MK to tap in. Life saver!!

Did you see AK availability before you canceled Your MK reservation? Did you keep your park hopper ticket or buy a new single day?

You may hop at anytime after 2PM but, you must first go to your park reservation park. All you need to do is tap into the reserved park and then you can hop.

E.g. On arrival day you get to your reserved park at 4 PM. You may tap in and then hop to any other park you wish.
Oh OK! Got it! Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter