Everything Park Hopping - Please Read Post 1

Hi. I am hoping to get Park Hopper tickets for when me and my family go to WDW in the near future. I am curious can we use the park hopper tickets for any park or are they linked to two parks only?. Like if I get a park hopper ticket can I only get into Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom? cause those are the two parks I have in mind but if I can also get a third option I'd like to be able to go to Hollywood Studios

Park hoppers are valid for all 4 parks. You must enter your reserved park first before hopping to any of the other 3, after 2pm.

Park hoppers are valid for all 4 parks. You must enter your reserved park first before hopping to any of the other 3, after 2pm.
There still is the chance that the park you want to hop to could be at capacity and not be able to hop to it.
So far, that has not happened.

We are looking at a one day ticket. The only park showing availability is Epcot. If we buy park hoppers will we be able to hop to another park on that day after 2:00 pm?

We are looking at a one day ticket. The only park showing availability is Epcot. If we buy park hoppers will we be able to hop to another park on that day after 2:00 pm?

Merged your question with the Everything Park Hopping thread. Lots of great information here!

Park Hopping Requirement: In order to hop to a second park, a guest must have tapped into the park where they have booked a reservation for that day. Guests cannot just go to the second park even if it is after 2:00 PM.

Question about this. When you say "tapped into" a park does that mean that my wife and I both have to physically go to the entrance turnstile to the park each morning or can I just go over there (say with magic bands) and scan both of them and then we can go to the next park? I ask because I think we are going to stay at Grand Floridian and just reserve MK for each day and then if we want to go to a different park we'll hop over in the afternoon. Alternatively we might stay at Beach Club and reserve Epcot every day and hop somewhere else in the afternoon. I don't mind going to the entrance at either and scanning in just trying to figure out the details.

Question about this. When you say "tapped into" a park does that mean that my wife and I both have to physically go to the entrance turnstile to the park each morning or can I just go over there (say with magic bands) and scan both of them and then we can go to the next park? I ask because I think we are going to stay at Grand Floridian and just reserve MK for each day and then if we want to go to a different park we'll hop over in the afternoon. Alternatively we might stay at Beach Club and reserve Epcot every day and hop somewhere else in the afternoon. I don't mind going to the entrance at either and scanning in just trying to figure out the details.
Technically it would be against Disney rules for you to tap into the park using her MB.

I believe Disney requires each person to scan themselves in, not allowing 1 person to scan 2 bands.

Howdy!
Heading to WDW solo for the first time and first time ever buying hoppers. So there are buses at the parks that go to other parks? (Except between Epcot and HS).

Howdy!
Heading to WDW solo for the first time and first time ever buying hoppers. So there are buses at the parks that go to other parks? (Except between Epcot and HS).

Yes, they begin running about 1:30 as park hopping is allowed at 2:00.

Sorry, I know this was brought up a few days ago but I want to make sure I am understanding it correctly. Can I hop between more than two parks in a single day currently?
Example: Park Pass at Magic Kingdom and spend the morning there, hop to EPCOT after 2PM, then hop to HS later that evening?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter