Everything Park Hopping - Please Read Post 1

I want to park my car at DHS, park hop to Epcot until closing via Skyliner and take it back after Epcot closes at 10pm. DHS closes at 8. Can I still take skyliner to DHS and get my car that late?
No, the Skyliner line to DHS will stop running approx 1 hour after park closing.

People have reported being able to do this when DHS closes at 9, but not sure about 8. Worst-case scenario, you can either walk or take the boat closer to DHS and walk the rest of the way.
The boats may not run that late either so walking might be the only option. On our last trip (prior to the Skyliner) we tried to take a boat to DHS about an hour after it closed and we were told we'd just made it as it was the last boat of the night going there.

The boats may not run that late either so walking might be the only option. On our last trip (prior to the Skyliner) we tried to take a boat to DHS about an hour after it closed and we were told we'd just made it as it was the last boat of the night going there.
For FCCub's option, you would take the boat from Epcot to any of the resorts, BW or Swan/Dolphin would probably be the closest and then walk to HS.

For FCCub's option, you would take the boat from Epcot to any of the resorts, BW or Swan/Dolphin would probably be the closest and then walk to HS.
Good choice. I looked on Google maps and taking the boat to either of these locations would save about 6 minutes walking time. From either of these locations it's about an 18 minute walk to DHS.

Good choice. I looked on Google maps and taking the boat to either of these locations would save about 6 minutes walking time. From either of these locations it's about an 18 minute walk to DHS.

I find the boat moves wayyyyyyy too slowly for my impatient self, but at the end of a long day, it could be a nice break!

Any reports of a process to handle someone who didn’t tap into the reserved park? From experience, I know someone inevitably takes the morning off in my family of 6 but wants to go back out with the family in the evening.

The way things are now (and have been since hopping came back) is there is no leeway on this. Don't enter the park for which you have a park reservation? You WILL be denied access to all other parks that day, even if you do have park hopper tickets.

Steve

Any reports of a process to handle someone who didn’t tap into the reserved park? From experience, I know someone inevitably takes the morning off in my family of 6 but wants to go back out with the family in the evening.
People have tried and always been turned away. The only way to hop is for each guest to tap into the park with a reservation. Not doing so will mean they cannot visit any parks that day.

As others have said, without tapping into the reserved park, your family member won't be allowed into the park the rest of you hop to. If you know which park you're likely to hop to each day, however, maybe you could reserve that one for the evening guest?

So wait. If the other parks are full for reservations we can still park hop to them? I thought if they were full for reservations it meant that they were at capacity?

So wait. If the other parks are full for reservations we can still park hop to them? I thought if they were full for reservations it meant that they were at capacity?
To date, guests have been able to hop to every park, every day, regardless that some days all parks were at capacity for park reservations.

I want to park my car at DHS, park hop to Epcot until closing via Skyliner and take it back after Epcot closes at 10pm. DHS closes at 8. Can I still take skyliner to DHS and get my car that late?
When we were at HS in January we had an 8pm ADR even though the park closed at 7pm. We were actually the last guests to leave HS that day and just made it onto the last boat around 9:20pm.

I’m pretty sure that Disney looked at their extensive data (including MDE data on park passes for one park, ADRs for another) when setting the reservation limits. They took hopping into account - but have stated that they will close parks to hopping if necessary.

Sorry if this has been asked before, I have been MIA from the boards for over a year at this point, but have not heard anything about this exact question.

If I make my Park Pass Reservation for Epcot, then I park hop over to MK at 2, then want to go back to Epcot at the end of the night since we will be staying at BW, can I do that? Basically can i go back to my original reserved park after i park hop? Hopefully I am explanaing my question properly lol.

thanks!

And even if Epcot reached capacity for park hopping, you’d still be able get in on your original reservation. BTW, no park has restricted hopping yet.

Sorry for another question but do we have to do to park hop. (It’s after 2pm right?). Just show up to the other park? And since we have park hopping tickets our magic bands will know? Do we have to declare we are hopping to another park and which park it is?

Sorry for another question but do we have to do to park hop. (It’s after 2pm right?). Just show up to the other park? And since we have park hopping tickets our magic bands will know? Do we have to declare we are hopping to another park and which park it is?
Yep, just show up and scan your MB. The MB is the key to your MDE that tells Disney’s system you have hopper tickets. After 2 pm, if you’ve scanned into your reserved park, you can just hop on over!

Sorry if this has been asked before. Has anyone had problems park hopping due to capacity limits? I know reading about the hopping, it says you can as long as park hasn't reached capacity. So if there are no parks available that particular day, does that mean you can't hop from the one you have your reservation at?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter