• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Park Hopping - Please Read Post 1

Historically, have any parks reached capacity the week before Christmas?
Also, is that week blacked out for lower tier pass holders?
Getting nervous about my hopping -heavy plan :)

Historically, have any parks reached capacity the week before Christmas?
Also, is that week blacked out for lower tier pass holders?
Getting nervous about my hopping -heavy plan :)
To date, the only time hopping was not allowed was for a couple of hours on Oct 1 - to MK. Other than that it has always been allowed to all parks, even in the spring of this year when all 4 parks were at max. capacity for park reservations.

If you plan on hopping and using Genie+ what time are you aiming your first LL time for?

If you plan on hopping and using Genie+ what time are you aiming your first LL time for?
You want to go for the popular ride that will have one that is typically a little over 2 hours over park opening time. For instance, SDD at DHS at 11:05am would be an ideal selection. This way you can get a hard-to-get ride early and the 9am opening, means that at 11am you will be able to stack a second LL, then tap into SDD and get your 3rd LL pass at 11:05am.

Maximizing the 2 hour cooldown from park opening is they key to getting the ball rolling.

To date, the only time hopping was not allowed was for a couple of hours on Oct 1 - to MK. Other than that it has always been allowed to all parks, even in the spring of this year when all 4 parks were at max. capacity for park reservations.
Thanks. Do you know if parks have historically reached capacity the week before Christmas?

You want to go for the popular ride that will have one that is typically a little over 2 hours over park opening time. For instance, SDD at DHS at 11:05am would be an ideal selection. This way you can get a hard-to-get ride early and the 9am opening, means that at 11am you will be able to stack a second LL, then tap into SDD and get your 3rd LL pass at 11:05am.

Maximizing the 2 hour cooldown from park opening is they key to getting the ball rolling.
what if you are hopping TO HS tho?

Thanks. Do you know if parks have historically reached capacity the week before Christmas?
Are you asking about getting to the point where they shut down the gates preventing new guests from entering? If so, it's going to be different now with park reservations. In the past, I think I've really only noticed capacity limits on Christmas Eve/day and new years eve/day.

Or are you asking about park pass reservations selling out? This is only the second year with them and capacity limits have drastically increased from last year, so not really a historical comparison, but with international travel opened up, I would expect heavy crowds the week before and after Christmas. Some parks are already selling out of passes during those weeks.

Also note, anyone with a park pass reservation can get into the park they reserved. If you have hoppers, those might be restricted, but you can always get back in your reserved park if you leave for any reason

Thank you!

Are you asking about getting to the point where they shut down the gates preventing new guests from entering? If so, it's going to be different now with park reservations. In the past, I think I've really only noticed capacity limits on Christmas Eve/day and new years eve/day.

Or are you asking about park pass reservations selling out? This is only the second year with them and capacity limits have drastically increased from last year, so not really a historical comparison, but with international travel opened up, I would expect heavy crowds the week before and after Christmas. Some parks are already selling out of passes during those weeks.

Also note, anyone with a park pass reservation can get into the park they reserved. If you have hoppers, those might be restricted, but you can always get back in your reserved park if you leave for any reason
I was asking about capacity, not park passes. Thank you!

what if you are hopping TO HS tho?
I’d pick a popular G+ ride at the park you are starting at and grab SDD at 10/11am before it sells out for the day, but youll have to see what the traffic patters and how fast g+ slots go for the rides you want. It’s tough to say exactly but have a plan B in case you don’t get the rides you want at the times you want.

I’d pick a popular G+ ride at the park you are starting at and grab SDD at 10/11am before it sells out for the day, but youll have to see what the traffic patters and how fast g+ slots go for the rides you want. It’s tough to say exactly but have a plan B in case you don’t get the rides you want at the times you want.
Slinky Dog is not lasting very long. If you want a SDD LL, you gotta get it at 7am drop or not at all. Today they sold out in 2 minutes

Hello,

We are travelling from Spain on Christmas to DisneyWorld but we havent linked yet our tickets (park hooper) to My Disney experience to make a park reservation.

We see on 31st December Magic Kingdom is full capacity. Would it be any possibility to go to Magic Kingdom that day?

Thank you

Hello,

We are travelling from Spain on Christmas to DisneyWorld but we havent linked yet our tickets (park hooper) to My Disney experience to make a park reservation.

We see on 31st December Magic Kingdom is full capacity. Would it be any possibility to go to Magic Kingdom that day?

Thank you
That’s not guaranteed without a park reservation. If the park reaches capacity they could disallow park hopping to MK that day.

Hello,

Thank you
It may happen but you’ll want to link your tickets ASAP to ensure you get reservations. There were times in the spring when guests were shut out if all 4 parks as they reached capacity.

Slinky Dog is not lasting very long. If you want a SDD LL, you gotta get it at 7am drop or not at all. Today they sold out in 2 minutes

I‘ve been watching this closely in anticipation of a trip this weekend. On our DHS day I really want a SDD LL because it’s one of the few rides at DHS my wife likes, and we’d like to avoid having to deal with the crowd that descends on it at EE opening.

The LL spots for SDD have been gone within a minute or two every day I’ve looked. They do pop up on occasion and you might be able to snag one by frequent refreshing of the Tip Board.

As much as I’d like to get one in that 11-12 slot, I don’t think you can be too fussy about it My plan is to tap in right at 7:00:00 AM and take whatever I can get. We’ll work around it from there.

As soon as that’s done I will move immediately to get an ILL for ROTR. Although those don’t disappear as quickly as SDD, they move into the afternoon very quickly. We want to get one for the morning if at all possible if for no reason other than to provide some protection against breakdowns.

If you’re park hopping TO DHS and want a LL for SDD your best bet would be to log in at 7:00 and wait for the return times to get past the time you plan to go to DHS. That won’t take long. If you make your first LL at your first park you can try the refresh approach the first time your LL window opens again.

Last edited:
Going to MK 12/31 in the morning. Just made a ressie for Biergarten in Epcot at 330. If they are not accepting park reservations, would they let people into park hop after 2? Thanks

I heard that they reserve a small portion of capacity for hoppers but have not experiences this myself. Hoping someone can shed light on this for us! If you for sure want to be at epcot on 12/31, I would not risk it by hopping. I did hear that people who were not at MK by 1 pm (hopping opened at 2 pm) for the 50th did not make it in.

This was a few years ago...we were at Epcot for NYE and back then we were told to arrive early and STAY that they would possibly close due to capacity- and it was jammed. I’d change your plan and just do an Epcot day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter