Everything Park Hopping - Please Read Post 1

Since this system was put in place, it has happened exactly one time. On October 1 (50th Anniversary), park hopping was blocked at Magic Kingdom. There have not been any other days or any other parks where this has happened. I would consider it a non-issue, unless you were traveling the week of Christmas, New Year's Eve, or July 4.

If it makes you feel better, you can always just buy normal tickets and then add the Park Hopper feature day-of if you decide to use it. It doesn't cost any extra to do it that way, it's just a pit stop at Guest Relations.

So far the only day when hopping was limited was on 10/1 to the MK for the 50th Anniversary. The limitation only lasted a few hours.
Thanks! I guess I will be curious to see if it happens again around Thanksgiving and Christmas. If we were going on an off week I wouldn’t really worry about it. Presidents Week is busy however so I’m debating.

This situation would be very unlikely to occur. It would be even less likely to happen at EP/HS/AK. If you're even remotely concerned about it, perhaps don't plan to hop to the Magic Kingdom, get a park reservation there for the days you visit. But you really don't know for certain, so I understand the question.

I bought 4 Day Basic tickets for my trip in 2 weeks & just found out about the extended magic hours for deluxe hotel guests.
Is there a way to only add PH to One day of our passes?
AK is such a short day & I'd like to be able to hop over to Epcot for EMHs.

I bought 4 Day Basic tickets for my trip in 2 weeks & just found out about the extended magic hours for deluxe hotel guests.
Is there a way to only add PH to One day of our passes?
AK is such a short day & I'd like to be able to hop over to Epcot for EMHs.
Park Hopping can only be added to your entire ticket. It is not possible to add hopping to only one day.

My wife is dealing with some challenges from an accident and we are doing Disney a bit different on this visit. We have made park reservations for a specific park for every day we are staying onsite, but we will likely not be going every day, just want to have one in the event she feels up to going that day.

My question is related to if we don't go to the park we reserved in the morning, if my son and I wanted to go briefly to another park, are we still able to go to a different park after 2pm? Or would we just need to cancel that reservation and create a new park reservation that same day (if available) for the park we want to go to at night? Is it common to still be able to reserve parks the same day in the early afternoon if crowds are not excessive? I used to know every single in and out of the parks prior to Covid, but we have not been since all these new things have been rolled out, so trying to get up to speed.

Thank you in advance!

My question is related to if we don't go to the park we reserved in the morning,
if my son and I wanted to go briefly to another park,
are we still able to go to a different park after 2pm? Or would we just need to cancel that reservation and create a new park reservation that same day (if available) for the park we want to go to at night?

You can't go to another park first other than one you reserved. If you want to change where you go first you need to change the reservation. After 2 you can hop anywhere that has availability but so far not been an issue. Holidays might change that.

Today I was booked at MK but due to the monsoon we opted to just relax.

I cancelled the reservation and rebooked to EPCOT, and we are going to attempt to swim to ride REMY and then watch Harmonious. Of course there needs to be an available reservation but unless holidays it shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited:
You and your son would be able to hop if you tap into your first park or change your park reservation to another park. Same with your wife, she would need to either tap into first park or modify her park reservation to the 2nd park.

My wife is dealing with some challenges from an accident and we are doing Disney a bit different on this visit. We have made park reservations for a specific park for every day we are staying onsite, but we will likely not be going every day, just want to have one in the event she feels up to going that day.

My question is related to if we don't go to the park we reserved in the morning, if my son and I wanted to go briefly to another park, are we still able to go to a different park after 2pm? Or would we just need to cancel that reservation and create a new park reservation that same day (if available) for the park we want to go to at night? Is it common to still be able to reserve parks the same day in the early afternoon if crowds are not excessive? I used to know every single in and out of the parks prior to Covid, but we have not been since all these new things have been rolled out, so trying to get up to speed.

Thank you in advance!
Your post has been merged with Everything Park Hopping. As others have shared, you would need to tap into your first park or, change your reservation. You cannot skip your park reservation and just go to another park after 2:00.

Post 1 has a lot of details about hopping.

Hi - I have park hoppers for all 4 days (for four guests) of our trip - can I drop/return 3 of those days and do just one day if hopping (after the 2pm time)? Did I wait to long to try to refund those 3 days? We arrive Nov 20th. Thanks

As far As I know, your ticket for the length of stay is either park hopper of not. I don't think you can pick days with a park hopper.

Thanks for the reply
Any idea on the last day I could “return” the park hoppers option I’ve added?

Do you have a package?
If so you can modify your reservation
However the park hopper option is all or nothing.
Meaning that if added its added to all days on the ticket and its the same price.
You can't just have the park hopper added to one day (Unless you were to have a base ticket and then on the 4th day went to guest services and ask them to add park hopper. But you'd be paying the same price whether you have it for all 4 days now or upgrade on the last day.)

So what I'm trying to say is... if you know you will park hop on at least one day then just leave it alone.

Do you have a package?
If so you can modify your reservation
However the park hopper option is all or nothing.
Meaning that if added its added to all days on the ticket and its the same price.
You can't just have the park hopper added to one day (Unless you were to have a base ticket and then on the 4th day went to guest services and ask them to add park hopper. But you'd be paying the same price whether you have it for all 4 days now or upgrade on the last day.)

So what I'm trying to say is... if you know you will park hop on at least one day then just leave it alone.

Thanks! That’s helpful
We have a package (room on property, tix). Based on this info I think we’ll cancel the hoppers all together - hopefully we’re still in that time frame

If we go to AK in the am, can we park hop to the studios and they to Epcot after?

If you have an AP or Hopper add on you may park hop after two (the only time there was a blockout for capacity was magic kingdom on the 50th)

Yes, after 2 pm you can park hop to multiple parks, assuming they are not at capacity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter