Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

I disagree...i can find a number of rides with no height restriction listed on the official Disney site. For example, jungle cruise, pirates, under the sea, small world. Anyone know the answer to my question?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/parks/height-requirements/

Thanks to Disney's confusing terminology (ILL vs. LL), we have a good example here of resulting miscommunication.

ILL refers to the extra-pay Individual Lightning Lane attractions which all have height requirements (there are two of them in MK: Tron and Mine Train). So thanxfornoticin is correct in that regard.

over50visits is referring to LL attractions which are included in Genie+. And yes, the 2 year old goes through the Lightning Lane without needing Genie+.

i know that nobody knows but with Disney saying that they want to make it easier to plan in advanced do we think they may bring back being able to purchase genie+ for the length of your ticket when purchasing your ticket? in the uk i went in feb this year and managed to get tickets with genie+ included just before they removed the option and paid something like $8 a day.

i know that nobody knows but with Disney saying that they want to make it easier to plan in advanced do we think they may bring back being able to purchase genie+ for the length of your ticket when purchasing your ticket? in the uk i went in feb this year and managed to get tickets with genie+ included just before they removed the option and paid something like $8 a day.

They mentioned in their recent updates that this purchasing in advance would be an option but didn’t provide any details at the time. More info will be released later is all we know at this time. What we do know is included in the final point of this announcement by Disney.

I wanted to give an update on our genie + experience. Thank yall for your advice!

We were able to walk onto every single ride we wanted. We tapped and rebooked, and we also booked every two hours during the day prior to arriving. By working in sit down shows, you can easily use the 2 hour bookings to your advantage.

Being able to modify the time allowed us to get every single ride at the time we wanted. Just refresh and refresh.

How were you able to book during the day prior to arriving? thanks
At WDW, you can book Genie+ prior to your arrival time at the parks. You can book your first one at 7:00, your next two hours after the park opens, then one every two hours after that. Disneyland is different. At Disneyland, you have to enter one of the parks before booking your first Genie+.

Perhaps you misread what Hisgirl meant by "during the day prior to arriving." It seems to me to be a reference to arrival time, not arrival date. You cannot at either resort book Genie+ on the "day prior."

(Edited for clarity.)

Last edited:
How were you able to book during the day prior to arriving? thanks
We flew down on monday. From home, at 7am, I booked a ride, then at the airport, I booked another ride at 11am, then, after landing, I booked another ride, booked another ride two hours later, then....just as we were about to walk into the park, we booked a ride and walked straight to that one.

We went ride to ride to ride to ride to ride. Entering the park later in the day is a great way to stack rides every two hours. Just make sure on that last two hour ride booking, you set the time right about when you walk into the park. You SHOULD then be able to tap into that ride and begin to tap in, book a ride, tap in, book a ride without waiting the two hours. And then you have all those other rides waiting from earlier bookings.

That SHOULD happen but sometimes it did not. Twice, we booked a ride, walked straight to it, but.....that two hour you can book now showed up on the app, and said we could book at 1:05pm. We had a ride already booked 1:15 - 2:15. So we booked at ride at 1:05pm, allowed from the 2 hour rule, then tapped into our ride at 1:15pm. We thought we could then book again right away, (cast members said that should have worked)....but.....after tapping in, the LAST THING WE DID, it did not allow us to book again, for two hours.

This scenario happened twice, but another time, it did work and we could tap and book. Cast members think there is a minute rule between booking under the two different rules.

We flew down on monday. From home, at 7am, I booked a ride, then at the airport, I booked another ride at 11am, then, after landing, I booked another ride, booked another ride two hours later, then....just as we were about to walk into the park, we booked a ride and walked straight to that one.

We went ride to ride to ride to ride to ride. Entering the park later in the day is a great way to stack rides every two hours. Just make sure on that last two hour ride booking, you set the time right about when you walk into the park. You SHOULD then be able to tap into that ride and begin to tap in, book a ride, tap in, book a ride without waiting the two hours. And then you have all those other rides waiting from earlier bookings.

That SHOULD happen but sometimes it did not. Twice, we booked a ride, walked straight to it, but.....that two hour you can book now showed up on the app, and said we could book at 1:05pm. We had a ride already booked 1:15 - 2:15. So we booked at ride at 1:05pm, allowed from the 2 hour rule, then tapped into our ride at 1:15pm. We thought we could then book again right away, (cast members said that should have worked)....but.....after tapping in, the LAST THING WE DID, it did not allow us to book again, for two hours.

This scenario happened twice, but another time, it did work and we could tap and book. Cast members think there is a minute rule between booking under the two different rules.
You can only book after you check into your most recently booked ride which was the 1:05 pm ride unless two hours expire after booking the 1:05 pm ride. The 1:15 pm ride was not the most recently booked ride

You can only book after you check into your most recently booked ride which was the 1:05 pm ride unless two hours expire after booking the 1:05 pm ride. The 1:15 pm ride was not the most recently booked ride

so you had tickets for that day….got it

For this Friday I want to get a slinky from 630-8 ideally. Can’t be much earlier as we have friends meeting us and they won’t arrive till 5ish. It is my 2nd park of the day their first m.

Is my best strategy to get SDD right at 7 and start trying to modify right away? Or wait about 5/10 seconds and then try, and modify if needed. I forgot to check at 715 today but right now for today the time is 650/7ish for LL.

Thoughts?

For this Friday I want to get a slinky from 630-8 ideally. Can’t be much earlier as we have friends meeting us and they won’t arrive till 5ish. It is my 2nd park of the day their first m.

Is my best strategy to get SDD right at 7 and start trying to modify right away? Or wait about 5/10 seconds and then try, and modify if needed. I forgot to check at 715 today but right now for today the time is 650/7ish for LL.

Thoughts?
I would get it ASAP and modify.

Thoughts?
Waiting could mean missing out all together. It's much better to grab what you can and try to modify if you successfully grab it.

Thoughts?
Keep in mind, since HS is your 2nd park that you're hopping to, you won't actually be able to grab a G+/LL for SDD until the return times have reached 2PM for SDD at HS. That's going to complicate things a bit. Really not sure how long it might take to get to 2PM. But not sure I'd want to schedule something else first and then wait until 2 hours after park opening to see if SDD is still available. It's an interesting scenario for your friends - if HS is their first park, they can actually book SDD ASAP, and begin modifying! Good luck - you have an interesting scheduling situation there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!