Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

For those new to this thread, Welcome! Please take the time to read the posts on page 1 as they answer questions about Genie, Genie+ and ILL$ in great detail.

Many of the questions being asked are answered there so will help provide you with an answer sooner than someone can reply here.

You absolutely have to have entered the park for any LL reservation to be used. And even for FP+ they shut that loophole down at some point and even locked accounts for people who attempted to use a FP booked for someone who had not entered.

On the 3rd main post of the thread, it mentions resetting the 120 min clock, but doesn't explain what that clock is in the post or what it means/

As someone who never used the service, some clarification in that post would be helpful

On the 3rd main post of the thread, it mentions resetting the 120 min clock, but doesn't explain what that clock is in the post or what it means/

As someone who never used the service, some clarification in that post would be helpful
You can book a new LL every 120 minutes or after you scan in at your next LL which ever one comes first. (or if you cancel a LL)

That "120 minutes" is the same as the "2 hours" listed under BOOKING ELIGIBILITY in the same post. Post 9 lists the four common situations that determine when you can next book a G+ LL, while indicating one of the exceptions (when the ride is "down") exists.

That "120 minutes" is the same as the "2 hours" listed under BOOKING ELIGIBILITY in the same post. Post 9 lists the four common situations that determine when you can next book a G+ LL, while indicating one of the exceptions (when the ride is "down") exists.

Oh yes I see that. That part is just underneath that first mention of 120 minutes, as to where the confusion was had.

So than I would not be able to hop to HS and purchase Rise
As musicguy said, if you buy two for MK, that is it for the day. If you want to buy one for Rise, you will have to forgo buying one of the two in MK. In case you didn't realize it, you would not have to wait until after you park hopped to buy one for your second park. If staying onsite, you could buy one of the MK ILLs and also buy Rise at 7:00. If staying offsite, you could buy one of the MK ILLs when MK opens and buy Rise when HS opens. The ILL for your second park would have to be for a time of 2:00 or later.

There are links in post 3 pointing to a post listing nothing but details about modifying LL reservations. Please find additional details and information there.

For those new to this thread, Welcome! Please take the time to read the posts on page 1 as they answer questions about Genie, Genie+ and ILL$ in great detail.

Many of the questions being asked are answered there so will help provide you with an answer sooner than someone can reply here.
Is it updated? That's my concern since it's dated 2021. Just checking. Thank you for all of this info.

Is it updated? That's my concern since it's dated 2021. Just checking. Thank you for all of this info.
We do our very best to keep the 'Everything....' threads pinned to the top of the Theme Parks attractions and Strategies boards as current as possible.

If you look just above the 'reaction' bar at the bottom of a post, you can see when a post was last updated.

1684456530357.png
Hope this helps!

They do a great job of updating!

Thank you!!

OK.
Big Exhale. Let me see if I have this correct. It's been a while. Could someone check this out?

We are arriving late afternoon Monday. We have tix for the day and reservations at MK.

So at 6:45am monday morning back at HOME, I'll buy genie + and at 7am make a LL selection, but try for a later time if I can, and/or modify the time during the morning to post 5pm. (I understand those times won't drop till later, so I'll be modifying as I can) So let's say I get Thunder mountain for 5:15.

First question.

Let's say I"m late and miss that window completely. Does that trigger anything?

Next.... Park opens at 9am. I'm still in Atlanta.

So at 11am, while I'm driving to the airport, I'll choose another LL. Let's say Jungle cruise for 6pm.

Then, at 1pm, as I'm in the air and IF I have internet, I'll choose a third LL, let's say Pirates for 7pm.

Okay, here's where I'm a tad confused.

I arrive at the park finally and it's in my first LL window. I tap in.

Question: After tapping in, I can choose another ride, then tap in THAT ride, and choose another ride and tap in the next ride....etc etc.

DESPITE HAVING THOSE OTHER LL THAT I SET UP EARLIER IN THE DAY? So you're basically now snagging rides two ways, via the every 2 hours you did during the day AND once there, riding one of those rides, tapping in and immediately snagging another ride.

Do I have it?

Last edited:
OK.
Big Exhale. Let me see if I have this correct. It's been a while. Could someone check this out?

We are arriving late afternoon Monday. We have tix for the day and reservations at MK.

So at 6:45am monday morning back at HOME, I'll buy genie + and at 7am make a LL selection, but try for a later time if I can, and/or modify the time during the morning to post 5pm. (I understand those times won't drop till later, so I'll be modifying as I can) So let's say I get Thunder mountain for 5:15.

First question.

So at 11am, while I'm driving to the airport, I'll choose another LL. Let's say Jungle cruise for 6pm.

Then, at 1pm, as I'm in the air and IF I have internet, I'll choose a third LL, let's say Pirates for 7pm.

Question: After tapping in, I can choose another ride, then tap in THAT ride, and choose another ride and tap in the next ride....etc etc.

DESPITE HAVING THOSE OTHER LL THAT I SET UP EARLIER IN THE DAY? So you're basically now snagging rides two ways, via the every 2 hours you did during the day AND once there, riding one of those rides, tapping in and immediately snagging another ride.

Do I have it?

Almost. You can reserve every two hours or after you tap in to your most recently booked ride.

OK.

First question.

DESPITE HAVING THOSE OTHER LL THAT I SET UP EARLIER IN THE DAY?

No, if you tap into Big Thunder (5:15-6:15), it does not affect your eligibility because it is not your most-recently booked LL.

Only Pirates in your example (your most recently-booked LL) could affect your eligibility. BUT actually if you booked it at 1:00, you became eligible to book again at 3:00 (2-hour rule), so you would be already eligible when you reach the park in the evening.

BUT actually you would probably want to book LL#4 at 3:00 and then LL#5 at 5:00 if you are not in the park yet.

Let's say you book LL#5 at 5:00 for Tea Party (5:30-6:30). If the first LL you tap into is Tea Party, then yes it makes you immediately eligible since it is your most-recently booked LL. ( In other words, you don't have to wait till 7:00 to book your LL#6.)

It's all plenty confusing, but the good news is that the app will tell you when you are next eligible to book.
(Big Sigh of Relief?)

Also on your question of what happens if you miss a window completely: It means you won't be able to book another LL for that same attraction (so if you can see that you're not going to make a window, modify the time or cancel the booking).

No, if you tap into Big Thunder (5:15-6:15), it does not affect your eligibility because it is not your most-recently booked LL.

Only Pirates in your example (your most recently-booked LL) could affect your eligibility. BUT actually if you booked it at 1:00, you became eligible to book again at 3:00 (2-hour rule), so you would be already eligible when you reach the park in the evening.

BUT actually you would probably want to book LL#4 at 3:00 and then LL#5 at 5:00 if you are not in the park yet.

Let's say you book LL#5 at 5:00 for Tea Party (5:30-6:30). If the first LL you tap into is Tea Party, then yes it makes you immediately eligible since it is your most-recently booked LL. ( In other words, you don't have to wait till 7:00 to book your LL#6.)

It's all plenty confusing, but the good news is that the app will tell you when you are next eligible to book.
(Big Sigh of Relief?)

Also on your question of what happens if you miss a window completely: It means you won't be able to book another LL for that same attraction (so if you can see that you're not going to make a window, modify the time or cancel the booking).

So if I have been making choices all day back in atlanta and at the airport....at 7 I got thunder mountain for 5pm (ignore the liklihood of the times, I'll be modifying, just play along, haha)

Then, at 11am, I choose pirates for 5:30

At 1pm, I choose jungle cruise for 6pm

At 3pm, I choose haunted mansion for 6:15.

At this point, I'm still not in the park.

Finally, I arrive! Its 4:50 and I go straight to thunder mountain for the 5pm, I tap in and ride.

Are you saying that because thunder mountain is not my most recently chosen LL, I won't be able to immediately choose another after tapping in?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter