Every Adventure Requires a First Step.

Hello??

so.... Ummm...Stitch must have been up to his nasty ways because my last reply post did NOT post!

and because you are all amazing forgiving readers -- Let's pretend i didn't disappear forever and left you all out there to dry! --- Bad Mo...

I have a LOT to tell you all!

A LOT... so first things first. Replies!

Mo, I am so excited for you guys!! :mickeyjum Yeah, your beautiful city is a MESS right now. I fell in love with Chicago when I was there two years ago. It breaks my heart to see what it has come to. :sad::sad: When are you going to Disney??? When are you moving to FL, after the kids graduate HS? Tell us more!!!!! popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

it's a great place to visit! I can't wait to be able to visit then go home where it's beautiful!
speaking of visiting. I love the thought of going to Fl and having everyone come visit!!! and i do Expect lots of visits!

I was hoping a trip to Disney was the big future plan surprise, but I'm SO excited that you've also decided on your moving plans!!!

Our poor, poor city. It breaks my heart that things happened the way they did (and still are!)

How exciting to plan for a future in paradise!!!

We do have a trip to Disney in the future. There still isn't anything happening good for this city. it does break the heart to know what was is no more.
Like i said above- you all better come visit!

Details!!! We need details☺😉

I feel shame.. and the nest post is going to BLOW YOUR MIND!
I promise.

I did not know you started a PTR.....back in JANUARY! Where have I been!? 2020 man. What a trip! I hate that you all have struggled a bit, but it looks like you all have made the most of it where you can. I am hopeful for 2021. How exciting to be in the early stages of moving! We listed our condo right when the pandemic started. People said we were crazy, but my accounting teacher always said I was a glutton for punishment. So we decided to do it up right! Got pregnant, listed our condo, sold our condo, moved in with my parents, closed on our house, then had the baby......all during a world wide pandemic. Sounds like a really bad Lifetime movie. Hang in there, can't wait to hear about your mystery plans. I love a good cliff hanger!

Well hi there!
2020 was a bad sitcom that isn't ending.. and where are these pictures of your baby?!?! I truly want to know more about your little adventure there!
Talk about a cliff hanger! it's been a WHILE! LOL.

There are more reasons than ever to move out of Illinois and Florida sounds like a great choice. :) I bet you can buy a much bigger house in Florida, too. :)

YES! the homes there are just so open bright and beautiful!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

images

Ok OK..

im here but i am not going to go back a whole lot.. Like do you really care about Christmas etc?
Just a few scattered pictures?

Ok OK..

im here but i am not going to go back a whole lot.. Like do you really care about Christmas etc?
Just a few scattered pictures?
Yay for coming back ... again :)

You know we are here for it all! Go back as far as you want, or just jump right into the good stuff to come!

3 months later..

maxresdefault.jpg

Clearly need to keep this pic on hand since it is the most used!

I haven't updated for that long? Why haven't any of you said something?
LOL deflect.. it's YOUR fault I haven't posted..

Let's get right into it.
Apparently I haven't posted in like three months and I will be totally shocked if ANY one will read this now! I know you're there.. I can see you..

Quick past update:

I received some of my most favorite gifts ever this year

I have to say I have the the most amazing awesome friends anyone can ask for. I truly mean this from the bottom of my heart. most of which i have met right here on the Dis.

I guess i need to explain-

I lost 15 pounds. Then ate a potato and gained 4 back. Needless to say i have a doc appointment to find out what is going on here. Until then i continue to punish myself here. Matt is pushing me to do a you tube channel on everything. I am thinking about it.
Along with the healthy eating- like my chicken tacos are the BEST!

I make no carbs look good!

I still do a low carb but nothing like i was since my body refuses to let go of the fat..
weirdest thing ever.
Since we were booked i wanted to go through our Disney box.
Do you have a Disney Box? someone wanted to help-

Poor Duffy this bear has seen some better days-

I don't need much for the trip Duffy does need to come with for a BATH. Peanut will not let him hit the washer unless it's in Disney for the smell..
fine.
check that on the to do list.
Thanksgiving was a bit different.
didn't have the cast of thousands like i normally do. Just my parents my sisters were doing their thing with their in laws.
Nothing stops our music montage Thanksgiving prep!

Zack wanted to do the bird.. and i was more then happy to show him how-

so gross-

Apple pie was the MOST AMAZING pie ever.

this was the first carb i ate in over 3 months.. and was fabulous!
If someone can tell this guy he is NOT human?

We still had enough to feed an army
after dinner was

with a side of

Which brings us to-

still no real tree.. we went with the imitation junk.

Next year...
we did something different this year-
We went and saw Christmas light displays! What a fantastic new tradition! get in your PJ's grab some hot chocolate --

I also needed to take pictures of Zack and his fluff-

and what a hair cut difference!

Matt still need to "cuddle"

Silly-

Kids got an oculus for Christmas-
its been NONSTOP FUN
clearly we needed to design it-

so this guy--
remember him?

my baby Matt? he went ahead and got himself a GIRLFRIEND!
I adore her.
Still going here.. NOT STOPPING NOW!!

Catch up 2
Chapter link

Last edited:

They are SOOOOOOO grown up!!!!!!!

Love the Oculus decorations--clearly they need to market them that way because it's so much better!

Thanks!
Hows school???
It's going well. I have 18 in person and 7 that zoom in with us most of the day. That part is super stressful for me, but better for them in the long run because they're getting the exact same instruction as my in-person learners.

I got my first dose of the vaccine a couple weeks ago and get the 2nd one next Thursday. Rob got his second one yesterday. Jimmy has been playing hockey, but we haven't been able to go in the building, just drop him off and sit in the car. Yesterday, we actually got to see him play a full game at an outdoor rink against another team. It was SO incredible! They lost 5-0, but it didn't even matter. We were so proud of him,and he was in Heaven!!!!!

Catch up 2

Let us start with my broken dog and swing back around with the announcement of my kid having a GF!
50969695472_0edabeacab_c.jpg

Here is the Friend group- Missing is Amy's youngest.
50969590111_638de26b24_z.jpg

Bella is next to Matt with the black sweatshirt. The rest are my weekend kids who have been around since I started writing on here- and the other 2 are Amy's all of them are close as thieves.

Matt and Bella compliment each other so well. He is Mr. fitness and football where she is Ms. Softball and neither one is clingy! (I'm secretly planning their wedding.) She keeps him in check. HA! Picture was taken during one of Amy and I cookie-hot chocolate bomb making drinking nights.

We pretty much get together every weekend. to craft/ fail at crafting/ drink/ watch Disney+/ just chill. it keeps us both sane..

Peanut went on her first "date" with a boy who asked Matt is it was ok to ask her out.
then he ghosted her.
after that she had a couple of gentleman callers during wrestling season from other schools.
ALL of them had
635699477613124237-635698308411934487-JoeDirt.jpg

Rockin the mullet.

none of them are still around. Now that we are in Baseball/Softball season hopefully there will be a match for both Zack and non mullet for Peanut.

Now that i have you caught up- here is a random picture of Fred and Chili for NO other reason

50968887873_a3fc56a449_c.jpg

we are about to embark on an adventure.
One that I was NOT prepared for.
Are you ready?

Caged Animal

Chapter Link

Last edited:

They are SOOOOOOO grown up!!!!!!!

Love the Oculus decorations--clearly they need to market them that way because it's so much better!

Yeah they matured a little too fast for my liking that's for damn sure.

did you know you can "walk" around disney on that thing? I love it. and i fought Darth Vader and WON!

It's going well. I have 18 in person and 7 that zoom in with us most of the day. That part is super stressful for me, but better for them in the long run because they're getting the exact same instruction as my in-person learners.

I got my first dose of the vaccine a couple weeks ago and get the 2nd one next Thursday. Rob got his second one yesterday. Jimmy has been playing hockey, but we haven't been able to go in the building, just drop him off and sit in the car. Yesterday, we actually got to see him play a full game at an outdoor rink against another team. It was SO incredible! They lost 5-0, but it didn't even matter. We were so proud of him,and he was in Heaven!!!!!

this is all so confusing for both teachers and students no one is ready for this add the parent's well it goes to the poo side--

I was so sad for you not being able to see him in person. It's being broadcasted?? I hope- all the wrestling was live on you tube one way or another. only able to go to like 3 matches??

I saw he made his first goal? that's such an accomplishment!
Just know i am rooting for him!!! keep me updated on his season!

running to lunch then plan on another update..
I don't wanna work--

tenor.gif

Caged animal!

If you now me you know we travel or we are on the go. CONSTANTLY!
Covid hit and everyone's wings were clipped.

Slowly things are opening up --i have ALWAYS wanted to escape the dead of winter

200.gif

Being a TA my email box is FULL with new and surprising adventures! I didn't know which way to go.

But there was one- One email

blinding like a beacon in the dark
images

Southwest

WHAT?!?! $50.00
for flights!! are you kidding me?
AnnualLavishAnophelesmosquito-small.gif

I was talking with our friends who moved down there the ins and outs of moving 1,145 miles!!
then she invited us down-
I booked.
Peanut and I were FL bound specifically to look at houses and neighborhoods. We decided it would be a Mother daughter quick trip - then I would rebook with the boys who wanted to go together not have their own trips! OK! decisions made. While Tom stayed home.. Someone needed to keep working. HA HA HA

I told very few people because of covid but one friend and I were chatting about it. Then he calls me later that night and offered his end of year (feb 1st) DVC points WAIT WHAT?!?!
He logs into his DVC web site and starts looking at what he had left over what he can put us up in.
I couldn't contain my excitement!!!
10c50795f213e5e34ec28bc384a9ab70.gif

There were few options. (remember this for later)
one was AKL!

We have been here in passing- I have seen the 1 bedroom Suzi and D had years ago. I remember it being dark but the ANIMALS! oh my goodness! and this being a once in a lifetime gift we wanted to make sure it was going to be EPIC! so let's go to Kidani! Wait what's that? Oh how about some free DISNEY TICKETS-
tenor.gif

So a quick trip to look at houses and neighborhoods just turned into-
house hunting mini Disney trip!

Thankfully i already organized my Disney box I knew what we needed - Peanut needed a few things so we went shopping for a few items.
We didn't know how to pack! the weather was way warmer then Chicago but still chilly- so i packed for every weather known to man.
i only needed one thing.
Hair color...
I use an on-line color place and it wasn't showing up. Eh. I will just buy a box.

Box Color is cheap they said.
Box color is he same as salon they said.
Box color is FINE they said.

you can find this out tomorrow!!

Getting ready for FL

Chapter Link

Last edited:
You sure do know to post an update - wow.

Did your family manage to avoid Covid or did it get you?

The kids are getting all grown up. I love seeing all the friends together. I bet everyone loves hanging at your house.

That is very exciting to get a Disney trip like that. You have some good friends. :)

I can't wait to hear more of what you are up to. :)

We have had Thanksgiving and Christmas and multiple birthday parties with our core group of up to 11 family members and none of us have had Covid. My husband and I got our first vaccine shot a week ago and the appointment has been made already for the second one. Soon we will be able to go to restaurants without worrying about Covid. I think I missed indoor dining the most.

You sure do know to post an update - wow.

Did your family manage to avoid Covid or did it get you?

The kids are getting all grown up. I love seeing all the friends together. I bet everyone loves hanging at your house.

That is very exciting to get a Disney trip like that. You have some good friends. :)

I can't wait to hear more of what you are up to. :)

We have had Thanksgiving and Christmas and multiple birthday parties with our core group of up to 11 family members and none of us have had Covid. My husband and I got our first vaccine shot a week ago and the appointment has been made already for the second one. Soon we will be able to go to restaurants without worrying about Covid. I think I missed indoor dining the most.

We are COVID free! Between my job, I was exposed with someone i was giving training with in my small office while i was drinking my coffee, for about 45 minutes- Wrestling- football- volleyball- friend group- tom's jobs of Target and him in several office buildings we are clear!!

YES! huge updates! i finally have something fun to say! LOL
I still don't see my midgets as these huge teenagers- blows my mind. Yes they all hang at our house or Amy's!! sometimes it would be nice to have a break! LOL
YES i have the most amazing friends on the planet! I am very lucky!!! I keep my friend group small but i treasure them with all my heart.

I have a LOT up my sleeve! LOL! you know how i work stuff!

YES i love you have a core group of Family! it's SO important!!! Did you have any side effects?
Im so happy for you! I don't know what we are going to do? I have to make a Doc app want to chat with him about it.

Thanks so much for the positive energy for Jimmy :) He loves having fans!! Their outdoor game was so awesome because it started snowing and even though it looked hard to play in, he came off the ice feeling like a pro. He kept saying it was just like the Winter Classic. His season is wrapping up in a couple weeks, but he's all signed up for spring 3 on 3 through May, so hopefully he just keeps getting better and better with all that ice time!

I couldn't believe it when I started seeing you post pictures from WDW on IG---first I was like, nah she is just posting a dream trip, but then I realized you were ACTUALLY THERE!!!! I was first so jealous and second SO HAPPY for you!!!

A last minute Disney trip??? SIGN ME UP!!! How amazing to get to leave the cold and dreary for a few days of MAGIC!!! Oh, I cannot wait to see what happened with your DIY color job on your hair! Is that why you recently did the chop-chop???

Also, I wanted to add a ticker to my signature and it 's NOT WORKING. We may or may not have a little magic in our distant future....

Gettin Ready for FLORIDA!

Left you off with the people saying TRY BOX HAIR COLOR-
this is what happened-

50968887943_38a67a52ab_c.jpg

Pink.... It turned PINK!
50972380528_bece113b98_c.jpg

50973175677_93f228d6c9_c.jpg

Any way you want to look at this or try to tell me it's not that bad..

It's Pink it's ok to say it.. I have come to terms with this pink hair.
It's not Frenchie pink
d83ff3c190d570ffe2b74b1f77fa7b86.gif

but it is pink,

Thankfully the Monday before we left my color showed up-
50973175667_cdacb273af_c.jpg

Hey i think you missed a spot..
Or hey you have more on your skin then your hair!

It's better then what it was... and i was happier going on Vacation with it!
It couldn't have come soon enough--

It was TIME!
Our flight was at 9:15 we got to the air port without any issues at 7 curbside check in and off we went to security. I hate going through security i have way too much electronics
laptop
camera
chargers
ugh. take it all out put it in the little bins and poof lifting my arms for body scan.

Let me tell you one of my FAVORITE purchases is a Mickey Vera Backpack. If you don't own one I HIGHLY SUGGEST! I can pack up my entire house in that sucker!
images

Hey Vera- do I get a sponsorship??? 😉

easy peasy we were back putting all that crap back into my backpack! _ that things holds a TON OF STUFF! I highly recommend!
we were having fun going through the empty airport Moving walkways challenging people to a race.
FUN. After walking forever we finally made to the gate.

50969695142_ba0ab908f6_c.jpg

Happy Dance

50968887518_56b63405bb_c.jpg

I had bought N95 masks for the plane- ya know just to be safe we switched and i send Meg to find coffee..

It got pretty crowded and I ADORE watching the little ones getting all excited for the plane and to see Mik-a-mouse
our chariot arrived getting all spruced up

50969588896_0bfc7716fe_c.jpg

Beaker was alarmed for the ice removal-
50969588786_eae58a25b9_c.jpg

I did get the early bird check in- which we were a-30 and 31! I have NEVER gotten a grouping!
They called and we ran.

I saw the first row was open figured hey why not never sat front row, lots of leg room and easy off
50969588456_0f2f9f8279_c.jpg

the kids haven't been on a plane since 2011! She was a little nervous -
50969694197_c14a39ed86_c.jpg

50968886818_9e16a95b11_c.jpg

50969694107_3665289b6f_c.jpg

50969588071_af88f7a9a1_c.jpg

Lots of leg room We had a great attendants we were offered a water and pretzels I was surprised with the mask mandate- but whatever i didn't need anymore liquids with the possibility of needing a bathroom.
Sitting front row means you cannot have any bags in your area you must keep it all in the overhear compartment. which again was fine with me, less i had to smush around that seat the better, When it was safe the attendance help me grab my laptop i downloaded the netflix series "Fate the Winx saga" I was excited to get into.
the flight was fine.. no real turbulence to speak of.

50969693942_c80ab0fdc6_c.jpg

It was nice to see some sun and bright blue

50968886408_8d6993f37d_c.jpg

I LOVE the Southwest app- love being able to see the map of where we are.
and this was over Ariana's area-

50968886248_d3524a89a6_c.jpg

we waved. I hope she heard us.

Before long we were seeing this-
GREEN!!!
We were seeing GREEN

50969587566_efbfaaf1e7_c.jpg

so pretty!

Landing was a breeze before we knew it we were running of the plane to smell the fresh sunny air of FLORIDA!

up next we get lost in the airport.

We Have Landed

Chapter Link

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the positive energy for Jimmy :) He loves having fans!! Their outdoor game was so awesome because it started snowing and even though it looked hard to play in, he came off the ice feeling like a pro. He kept saying it was just like the Winter Classic. His season is wrapping up in a couple weeks, but he's all signed up for spring 3 on 3 through May, so hopefully he just keeps getting better and better with all that ice time!

I couldn't believe it when I started seeing you post pictures from WDW on IG---first I was like, nah she is just posting a dream trip, but then I realized you were ACTUALLY THERE!!!! I was first so jealous and second SO HAPPY for you!!!

of course! you know all my heart belongs to our kids add sports and I am a sucker! LOL there is just something to say about a kids mentality when they have fans rooting them on!
So yes I expect updates! and YES on the 3 on 3! OmG I'm sure he was on cloud nine when it was snowing. So special!
Jimmy is going to be a force when he is in HS. i cannot wait to watch him grow.
BNI just won big on their hockey team too.. My cousin when to Illini on a full scholarship for Hockey too.. i grew up sports that's for sure.

HA! yeah i kept it quiet because of my job and the whole COVID thing and not knowing what to expect. so i kept it off Facebook.. I am not a jealous type unless it's Disney! so I know the feeling.. thankfully our friends keep us updated so much so it feels as if we are there with them!
by the way i am ALWAYS dreaming of a trip. if i take it or not i always have something brewing in my head! LOL

A last minute Disney trip??? SIGN ME UP!!! How amazing to get to leave the cold and dreary for a few days of MAGIC!!! Oh, I cannot wait to see what happened with your DIY color job on your hair! Is that why you recently did the chop-chop???

Also, I wanted to add a ticker to my signature and it 's NOT WORKING. We may or may not have a little magic in our distant future....

HEY there!
yep it was a crazy thing! To be able to go was magical in itself. add disney and all my dreams came true!

Omg my hair.. it was awful.. truly awful. it was blazing in the sun with all it's pink glory.
almost Cheshire cat colors-- colors.. yes i had several colors in my hair now and you are definitely on to something when you said chop-chop..

HOLY MAGIC MOMENT! a cruise! congratulations!! i need to hear EVERYTHING!!!!

We have Landed!

The flight was early and we touched ground about 12ish est. ya know time change?? 😵

we were HAPPY!
50968885663_4ecc0f91db_c.jpg

it's was fantastic to be on the fake o rail once again!

With the gifted AKL we were able to catch "Magical Express" but it's not magical express but it is magical and it's a bus.

Although now you have to go get your own luggage then hike it over to DME.

50969693237_b277dbe572_c.jpg

our first sight of Disney anything-
50969587186_9aec4b7305_c.jpg

50969587111_ba079eb158_c.jpg

Finding luggage claim wasn't an issue. and surprising the luggage was quick!
then we turned around looked at each other and was like... Now what? where the heck is DME?
they announced something er other but that was as useful as open toed water boots.

off we went once again got some coffee then up and down floors across the entire air port back up and down and then finally i saw the sign-

50969693087_2d31ac25ed_c.jpg

The CM were very efficient getting people corralled correctly - Disney mailed my DME information to me since this was SO last minute and the nice CM scanned my paper and we were off to our ALK line which we were sharing with Coronado
It was very covid friendly and everyone was 6' apart. Masks were being worn by everyone..
well except for our new friends in line behind us their young 3 year old. We were chatting with them as it was their FIRST TRIP! Meg and i were so excited for them. Dad was trying to keep cool. Mom was clearly stressed to find out she was also pregnant. So they asked for advice. I told them everything you had planned throw out the window go with the flow. if you want to stop just stop there is no way your going to see and do everything so just relax and try to see it all through his eyes. Nothing beats a first trip and they will remember it forever! We were telling the son how Mickey said if you want to meet him you must wear your mask I pulled a google image of mickey and a mask and he was hooked. but they needed to buy him a new mickey mask.
As we were chatting and boarding the bus the dad lost his phone. again panic. Thankfully it was there but i felt AWFUL for the family.. I do hope it was an amazing trip and they will go back!!

50969587041_fb49bc39f4_c.jpg

Look at all that sun!!!
50969587001_4fb18e01ff_c.jpg

50969692822_2ea3be1389_c.jpg

No little movie welcoming you. It was sad.. The original DME is very missed- Yet i am very excited to see the new train experience!

But our driver was trying very hard to get everyone pumped. I don't think the people on the bus knew the unwritten rules with the Disney bubble or cheering-

50969692822_2ea3be1389_c.jpg

since Meg and i were the only one hootin and hollering!

50968885173_92071607a4_c.jpg

cade8d8b1ac09143a22881edef72d082.gif

we dropped off everyone at Coronado then off we went to Kidani!

50968885123_273a4342e3_c.jpg

It was SO PRETTY!!!
50968884978_f978dcd7f3_c.jpg

50969586446_8d59e8d2f0_c.jpg

Our friends were there waiting for us and we were so excited to see them!!!

We had our room number it was ready for us!

We were welcomed HOME!

50969586381_e608ec4115_c.jpg

There was a kind CM outside directing people to their specific needs Since we had our room number we were instructed to just go on ahead. OK. Everyone is encouraged to skip the front desk. I personally LOVE going to the front desk i love being welcomed just the interactions with awesome CM make Disney that much better.. But we were only welcomed by the CM at the DVC booth!
We have some sense of resorts so we knew which direction to go. BUT we were so distracted by EVERYTHING around us.

50968884208_b08dc7e525_c.jpg

Come on! it's a giraffe! walking out there!

from the art to the animals outside we stopped every few minutes.
After what seemed to be about 5 mile walk we finally made it to the proximity of the room when we were greeting by our friends!

50969692122_245cdf2cb6_c.jpg

50969586001_19bc71f3c8_c.jpg

Kathy and Haley (Larry you will meet later) are just fantastic people! Our families have been friends for as long as I can remember..
It was so refreshing to just be together again. we did have magic bands i ordered them for the upcoming November trip but i didn't know if they would work for this door. BUT they do push using the Disney app so that's what i used.
phone to the mickey head and the magical sound of pixi dust
Poof the door unlocked LIKE MAGIC!
I know there is video of this.. Peanut hasn't sent me her stuff yet.

next up we dine with Animals!

Dining with Animals

Chapter Link

Last edited:
We were in WDW in January and it was great to see a blue sky again. :)

I like your Vera Bradley backpack. I need one that holds "lots of stuff".

I can't get over seeing giraffes outside of the resort, just walking around like it was normal for them to be there. :)

We were in WDW in January and it was great to see a blue sky again. :)

I like your Vera Bradley backpack. I need one that holds "lots of stuff".

I can't get over seeing giraffes outside of the resort, just walking around like it was normal for them to be there. :)

Isn't it crazy to be excited to see a blue sky and greenery? but it is!!

I am a firm believer in this backpack. you won't hear me hype much but i swear to you i can fit an entire weekend entire in that backpack! shoes and all! Mary Poppins carpet bag has NOTHING on this backpack!

They stay on property all the time. they do not go into the barns! apparently there is like 30 species out there. I didn't count.. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter