Every Adventure Requires a First Step.

Off to an awesome start!!!! I love getting early bird on our Southwest flights. I don't even mind paying extra for it since our bags fly free and I still come out cheaper than flying any other airline out of O'Hare!!!

My Mom LOVES her Vera backpack, too, and says it's like her Mary Poppins bag because she can literally fit everything in there!

I hate the trek through the airport to DME, but I really have always loved using Magical Express. I will definitely miss it, and honestly kind of hope they just switch over to having a paid version. Disney Springs is already a transportation nightmare; I can't imagine arriving there with all my luggage and having to transfer to my hotel. Universal's paid shuttle works out just fine for us, so I'm crossing my fingers for something like that.

Dining with Animals.

After dumping everything on the ground and changing out of Chicago winter dreary clothes. we looked around a bit. first things first. I needed to see our view.
We requested a certain area and was bummed to see we were no where close. We had what they call "water view"
which means even smallest view of blue is considered water view. we were on the 5th floor which is what I wanted and laughed because the water was about a droplet of what you can see.. Whatever it was gifted to us and I am NOT COMPLAINING.
We had Dinner reservations and Kathy and Haley knew Meg and I will be two terrible toddlers who just keep wandering off. so off we went.
After another 4 mile walk we finally made it to the elevators, which so happens to be names Rafiki - so of course i need to act like a terrible toddler jumping with my arms out yelling- Asante sana, squash banana, wewe nugu, mimi hapana

6LNmn-Gg-g95WSqgWZ14X5J9QCTe_WQBmYR2SsGvOcp0yyqJ1znfiznFEi0IJX3PfXw0SGZdNXlzYsIHnvFvuNtijAG1fqMF1nGRRTnsIzGtj4nzdww1wS5hX-Ar0U_2MHFzjfPg-Rd-Oau8TzProJpQpQ_cUQnWf1o

While a family comes off the elevator....

Clearly we will never be invited back here.

or these people are DVC so they get it.. who knows..

off the elevator and a little to the right is -

50968884178_51f71dae59_c.jpg

we checked in but we had a bit of time so we wanted to check the outside animals!

50969585526_ed1bba4d22_c.jpg

50968884008_c0f59b0e02_c.jpg

Such an IMPRESSIVE and immersive resort. pictures are never going to do it justice. it's bigger then life. another highly recommend to take some time to visit..

50968884333_db68dec574_c.jpg

50968883673_ceb421b95a_c.jpg

The CM at the desk noticed I was taking the above picture and she said there was another hidden Mickey in the rock work.
So off we went in search of Mickey!

FOUND!
50968883733_d5a932cf0e_c.jpg

I am not telling you - you have to find it yourself! if you ever need help i would be willing!

50968883643_88d0dcd89c_c.jpg

I do love these guys..

50968883233_2a0ea07cae_c.jpg

FL looks good on her!
50969584626_a795c7f7c2_c.jpg

After a short time we were called in to our table and I was pleasantly surprised to be seated next to a window and by my new BFF
Meet Fred and Ginger
50968883093_b257e95621_c.jpg

Peanut and i hadn't eaten anything yet so we were starving and excited for some noshing!

CM Jeff was our server extraordinaire

50968883003_d80cb4b759_c.jpg

trying my best to do a selfie (spoiler- I am terrible at selfies!)

50968882888_4a6aba6228_c.jpg

50969584176_085b354b0c_c.jpg

this is us-
50969584341_7b90192e8e_c.jpg

Give me a camera and i will take prize winning shots~ give me a cell phone and ask me to turn the camera around. Forget it.

We ordered the bread service
50969689892_b5f87063d8_c.jpg

We had a beggar-
50968882318_3916ff885c_c.jpg

I was NOT sharing this bread! Each bread was different
Traditional Naan, Garlic-Ginger Naan, Spiced Naan, Onion Kulcha, and Paneer Paratha
accompanied with sauces- Garlic Pickle, Coriander Chutney, Spicy Jalapeno-Lime Pickle, and Red Chile Sambal and Red Pepper Hummus, Tomato-Date Jam, Tamarind Chutney, Mango Chutney, and Cucumber Raita.
each one of these were so scrumptious i cannot even describe. each Naan paired with the different sauces were all in it's own category of YUM.

I don't know if they were able to smell all the smells wafting but we were starting to get quite the audience

50969584086_d8e83e1550_c.jpg

Back inside Meg was telling a thrilling story--
50969689702_005f1214a4_c.jpg

Talk about a captive audience! I have no idea what it was about i was enthralled with the animals. I'm sure I heard whatever story a time or two?? :confused3

Dinner!
50968882503_3763bf6e11_c.jpg

I had to order the butter chicken that EVERYONE talks/raves about!
This guy approved
50968882353_4bb8f24a9a_c.jpg

So I dumped the rice on the plate then the chicken swooshed it all together and took my first bite.

and

and

It was ok.

I would have taken another round of the Naan!!!
There were a couple of bad pieces of chicken the rice is rice and the butter sauce was ok. I know this is a favorite for a lot of people. But it was just OK - Meg on the other hand did love it.

Sanaa is not a must do for me- I would not go out of my way to make a ADR for it..

After full bellies we wanted to hit the pool! Yeah.. It was that warm out to be in a POOL IN JANUARY! Glorious!

our view from our balcony!
50969689347_730ae4d4e5_c.jpg

do you see that spot of blue???
Water view!

All i can think of every time i was out there - I was out there more then in the room- the ewok village
6992413f8ebf5d10e4b927e4fbe9f5d4.jpg

tell me I'm wrong..

50969583566_3b3397a0ed_c.jpg

The pool where Kathy and I just chilled. I had a twisted Ice tea the girls went and found the hot tub and we all just relaxed. perfect end to a perfect day! we set our alarms and off to SLEEP!

inserting peanut's photo's she just sent them to me today-

50976757112_b59a8d0245_z.jpg

50976757192_0d3c41aa78_z.jpg

Next up is our FULL day of Disney!!!!!!!!!!!

FULL day at Disney

Chapter Link

Last edited:
Off to an awesome start!!!! I love getting early bird on our Southwest flights. I don't even mind paying extra for it since our bags fly free and I still come out cheaper than flying any other airline out of O'Hare!!!

My Mom LOVES her Vera backpack, too, and says it's like her Mary Poppins bag because she can literally fit everything in there!

I hate the trek through the airport to DME, but I really have always loved using Magical Express. I will definitely miss it, and honestly kind of hope they just switch over to having a paid version. Disney Springs is already a transportation nightmare; I can't imagine arriving there with all my luggage and having to transfer to my hotel. Universal's paid shuttle works out just fine for us, so I'm crossing my fingers for something like that.

Thanks! yes early bird is a must for sure. Now that the airlines are at 100% capacity you really need it! Free bags are a life saver.. you will see..
Southwest is now part of Ohare! you have to be so happy!

duuuude that vera Backpack is a marvel!!! Just when you think your at the limit.. it holds MORE.
totally worth the money!

I remember back before we started driving getting lost too.. so thank you for that -- it's not just me! but you add in having to get your own luggage and the stuff has hit the fan for sure.

dunzo

I keep hears mears will continue to travel to Disney- but not what we all know it to be.

But we drive now! The adventure is sure out there when driving! i am going to do a lot more notes video and pictures this time around.

yes i will still drive even if the price is the same. we truly LOVE driving!

Ask and you shall receive! Here is a photo of miss Savannah. She was 6 months on the 21st and this photo was done on the 14th. I cannot believe she has lived her whole life in a pandemic. She has MAJOR stranger danger issues as a result, but she really is the light of our lives in all of this. However, there will be no more babies until masking and social distancing are no longer a thing. I cannot do another pregnancy like this one!

Southwest is now part of Ohare! you have to be so happy!
I was over the moon thrilled about it because O'Hare is so much closer for us than Midway......BUT they don't fly to MCO yet. What the heck?! Hopefully some day soon.

yes i will still drive even if the price is the same. we truly LOVE driving!
We really love our road trips, too! We had so much fun the summer we drove to Hilton Head then Universal then LEGOland, then Disney!! Oh, just typing that makes me want to do it again :) It was seriously SO much fun and the vacation that never ended!

Playing catch up today! Enjoyed reading about your holidays and trip so far!

I will say that I am really hoping that Disney doesn't have the train as the only option to get to the resorts. It's only going to Disney Springs and I'm not really wanting to drag my bags to the train, then halfway across DS to the buses. That will take so much longer to get to your resort! I'd rather Uber if that's the case.

Our Full Disney day!

There is something to be said about your first full Disney day. Go to bed in these amazing resorts sleep like Aurora to wake up in beautiful sunny FL about to embark on an adventure that takes it's own life you MAY think you know your plan but then Disney happens and you go with the flow!

My alarm went off as requested started coffee and booted up my computer for my work from home situation -
walked out to see the beautiful tree tops grabbed my coffee sat down put on my glasses and something wasn't right. Reading emails signing in and again not right.
It was 3am CT

I had to squish my eyes -- 3?!?! how...
confusion is seriously taking over...
tenor.gif

I check my phone. 4am

I don't start work until 6am CT DANG YOU TIME CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!
200.gif

I went back to bed.
0583a451c6b0e59f1892e2d38bca5685.gif

Alarm went off again the ONYL plus to all this nonsense way too early int he morning was coffee was ready for me.

It was caffeination bliss
yes i make up words around Don't judge.

Peanut woke up about 5 minutes later which I told her the same. GO back to bed. we screwed up that time crap
d9747e1016fe06d86194e03d91543a69.gif

I was busily working :rolleyes2 Haley woke up to get to work then Meg woke up to sign on for school-

50969583041_dbe114a22d_c.jpg

I'm so mean! poor peanut had to log on school? well just hold to your caterwauling- This is not school like you and I know school this is hey I logged in now I get an a for the day type of school. So glad I pay as much as i do for the nonsense going on right now.

So i decided to finally take some pictures of the room and my favorite spot - balcony-
the bed to the right was the pull out couch.
50968881418_f94ab392d8_c.jpg

50968881478_63a363876e_c.jpg

I was outright angry. No more themed plates/cups

50968881273_67755a6cfe_c.jpg

what is this tomfoolery!!!

50968881223_1d7fdc49d8_c.jpg

we did not have a Keurig type coffee pot - we had the normal coffee mate type 12 pot coffee machine with the Joffrey's coffee - listen here Disney your just lucky that Joffrey was there..
wo_kquN_zKrNjwyvmVH0E6_4IhxWNgXvusfqCW5MelrgbJwpuyPoq8r9imMvBbz_eb38lGgYuDZWt0PMBqobAl-opWIPB8WMY-C3YUDszIpEhxv5HF4XB4QOl44gmfukOwKPr1C4

the ice bucket and obligatory paper towel - took picture for Zack -

50969688437_46893769cf_c.jpg

50969688352_f2589fb88b_c.jpg

Nice size microwave and dirty toaster oven..

more non Disney themed paper plates and plastic wear

50968880948_9cf17e8233_c.jpg

garbage can- fire extinguisher - and fridge with our bit of food..

50969582466_46c3e05c2b_c.jpg

connecting room door and more trash bins
50969582371_537b5ca3c8_c.jpg

the Ewok village-
50969688017_f0a1881959_c.jpg

50969687907_0769351035_c.jpg

Kathy called when she woke up said she would be by to pick us up about 930ish to meet the Realtor at 10am
so i logged off work Peanut told the teachers she was done for the day
we got our stuff together and met Kathy ..

the first house was weird.
this is the street-
50968880593_eac1090124_c.jpg

this street was SO TIGHT the houses were entirely too close together like if you sneezed both neighbors would hear you. The inside of the house was spacious - double door for the master bed. it was beautiful
But i couldn't deal with the claustrophobic outdoors!
next house -- if it was time i would have signed the paperwork then and there 5 bedrooms 3 bath Roof over the lanai larger pool both side of the house i could add dog runs- the back property was about an acre then a huge grass area then houses again but were FAR back there.
So now i know what i like.
I was excited for the next house being in a gated community the roads were just immaculate i was like OH MY GOODNESS this is too high class for my southside blood.
the house on the outside was beautiful but the inside was cramped 4 bed 2.5 bath pool was OK no space for the dogs.
it was UGLY
2 more homes we looked at they were vacation type homes one had green carpet and a pool table in the dining area it was not me.
i know we have video i will have to look at the other camera for some pictures.

it was about noon ish we were getting hungry i think we saw what we needed to see for the day--
because my attention was now going to the side of

50968849508_380c0e30dc_c.jpg

so we thanked the realtor and bid our farewells... We needed some DISNEY in our lives!

staying at AKL you need to go to AK!

Chapter Link

Last edited:

*** I forgot to say and was reminded as Meg and i were running amuck throughout the airport the boy were watching us laughing hysterically- we have a GPS link for all of us that is very accurate and watched us travel all over the airport****

Ask and you shall receive! Here is a photo of miss Savannah. She was 6 months on the 21st and this photo was done on the 14th. I cannot believe she has lived her whole life in a pandemic. She has MAJOR stranger danger issues as a result, but she really is the light of our lives in all of this. However, there will be no more babies until masking and social distancing are no longer a thing. I cannot do another pregnancy like this one!

View attachment 558702

O-M-Goodness- She is absolutely beautiful - such a stinking cutie pie!!! those cheeks...
What a crazy thought... lived her life in quarantine this is so strange- mind blown! Hopefully when the weather breaks you can get her out a little bit at a time to get over the fears. I can't even imagine.
I was talking to Matt yesterday just how the world is right now. All this separation and ugly weird virus and this is his High school experience this is his teenage life.. Just crazy they are not allowed to do the things we could- but then again maybe it's a blessing they can't! HA HA! Honestly they are such an inspiration to see them just go with the flow. and conform to whatever is thrown at them and make the best of it.
Don't get caught up in the ugly and always try to make it better!

I was over the moon thrilled about it because O'Hare is so much closer for us than Midway......BUT they don't fly to MCO yet. What the heck?! Hopefully some day soon.

I am sure!!
Wait they don't fly to MCO? How is that??

We really love our road trips, too! We had so much fun the summer we drove to Hilton Head then Universal then LEGOland, then Disney!! Oh, just typing that makes me want to do it again :) It was seriously SO much fun and the vacation that never ended!

YES! road trip are just the extra to your vacation adventure! love love love road trips. The motto is always - expect the unexpected!!! always so much fun.

Playing catch up today! Enjoyed reading about your holidays and trip so far!

Hi! did ya see us waving at you from the plane?
trying to get through this as fast as i can.
I have LOTS more to say!!! you now me if i don't get it out now imma gunna forget!

I will say that I am really hoping that Disney doesn't have the train as the only option to get to the resorts. It's only going to Disney Springs and I'm not really wanting to drag my bags to the train, then halfway across DS to the buses. That will take so much longer to get to your resort! I'd rather Uber if that's the case.

i cannot believe in my heart of hearts they would allow all this
unnecessary back and forth for their guests?!? I mean that is just Un magical.
I will be taking a FL uber in the future... stay tuned.

So exciting to be looking at neighborhoods and homes!!! Eeep!!

It really really is.. I adore the homes I was going to post the pictures from Zillow - but i can't find them on there anymore..
But guarantee i will in the future!

I have more and more to update and new news to tell you-- which i will get to asap- but work is getting in the way of my updates!!! Give me a bit and i will have lots!

You didn't like Sanaa??? It is our 2nd fave....our absolute fave is Yachtsman Steakhouse. But yeah, that bread service at Sanaa is DIVINE!!!

Can't wait to see the photos of the houses you saw! You are SO close to your dream, I cannot imagine how exciting it was to SEE the dream!!!!

We now have a ten year plan. In ten years, Brian and I would like to move closer to the ocean. :cloud9: His job is now 100% remote, and I will graduate with my degree, hopefully in just a few years (yeah, I am taking the SLOOOOOOOOW road to graduation. ) Gabe will have graduated college, should he choose to go that route. The sad part of the plan, is that my parents will probably have passed. If they have not, we will stay put until.....
Last week, he said some MAGICAL words..."who knows, if we are that much closer to Orlando, we should look into getting AP's!" :mickeyjum The man sure does know his way around MY kind of bedroom talk! :rolleyes1

TOO FUNNY about your boys tracking you through the airport while you looked for DME! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Last edited:
Animal Kingdom!

I can't come up with a eye catching title.. So Animal Kingdom is the title
Too bad we went to Epcot..

Just kidding. After a much needed Dunkin Stop-

50680559417_1976a4af36_c.jpg

We headed over to Animal Kingdom-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I would love to add some amazing pictures. Unfortunately my external hard drive isn't taking power it shut down as i was editing--
50968822223_88ebe94547_c.jpg

my helper did not help-

50969630877_f2a94373f3_c.jpg

and i have to break it open then transfer all files to a different one.
50969523421_62ce2a3368_c.jpg

I miss CDs **
So i have to rely on Meghan and my cell phone pictures! I will get it all back once my friend comes back from FL.
I better it has ALL my files on it.

~~~~~~~~

A little issue at the gate with tickets and not locking up we were in seeing all the sights! it feels like forever. FOREVER we have been there! or 6 years..
FOREVER!!!

How many of you are watching the magic of Animal Kingdom on Disney+? I am obsessed! so i wanted to visit them ALL!

But first things first we needed to hoof it over to Pandora. <-- see what i did there? DAD JOKES BABY!

50976644866_55f4eb5e08_c.jpg

50976644761_0d3c4a0de9_z.jpg

We found an end to a line and figured it was for FoP
it wasn't- It was for the river ride- Which is fine we wanted to do both the line snaked everywhere it was crazy Long. Kathy has some health issues so she opted out and can't ride FoP but once we figured it was na'vi river ride she was cool to do it.
Funny story. Apparently the woman in front of us wasn't paying attention and the people in front of her were way up there. So she started to walk and we got stuck- we didn't know which way to go! almost brought the entire line through the bathrooms around and back in line. We found it funny.

JpMs.gif

a14119360e7769f642aa763308d19d31.png

SO TRUE!
once the CM re-routed us we were BACK-
50968880453_0eab4bebb2_c.jpg

I was in over my head - like I couldn't take enough pictures- visually it was incredible i cannot wait to go back - take our time and really capture it's true beauty

Until I can access my pictures--

50976644761_0d3c4a0de9_z.jpg

I don't have many pictures off the phones- sorry -- i will soon.

So after about a 40 minute wait we got on our boat and started a Na'vi adventure

again. I cannot tell you how STUNNING this ride is. the colors - brilliant - everything is alive around you. one of the most immersive rides! It absolutely is a must for a first timer then- I would not wait 40 minutes for it again. so Kathy went to find a seat as that took a lot out of her to stand that long. While meg and i jumped in line for FoP
the wait posted was 25minutes- we were FLYING through the line! everything i have seen about this line I couldn't wait to see. Like the lab area with -- things-- and the avatar guy ohhh so excited!
loads of Hidden Mickeys

50975953183_638a7b4968_z.jpg

50976757502_b183c5c3b7_c.jpg

50976644486_3107911da8_z.jpg

50976644371_aef3ab7f89_c.jpg

50969582066_2660fa0064_c.jpg

50969687612_c8a294e4aa_c.jpg

There was no stopping. we were power walking. thankfully the couple behind us found us amusing and weren't too upset about our over enthused antics.

then we were lead to some tunnel thing to listen to what we needed to do. I was first in line! Hten the door open the CM lead us through some rooms to ours
we put our stuff in the stuff holders. and saddled up.. Not going to lie i was a bit nervous about not fitting with all this extra weight i found I didn't have an issue! it really wasn't uncomfortable at all- then BAM we were off

Ohhhh Man...

Ohhhh My ........ you people have been holding out on me!
There are no words. This was something to behold. sooooo much fun you really lose yourself and you are truly riding on a banshee.

42f3c297041f68df59c1a3643da43f85.jpg

of course getting dumped into the store this really caught my eye-

50976757612_28d00a9a13.jpg

I wanted a good picture of it so i asked the CM if i could get closer and she was more then happy to let us. Rule of thumb. ALWAYS chat with a CM.
they are so knowledgeable She told me there were only 2 of these busts what are from Cameron himself. One is here in AK the other is with his daughter! I was blown away! so cool!!
SO impressive! the detail and lifelike next time your here make sure you take a good look as she is fantastic.
Peanut wanted a banshee but sadly there were no more blueish to be adopted.

I cannot wait to go back.
I try not to spoil anything with the new stuff. I haven't seen the video's on this or the Na'vi ride. so i was out of my mind mind blown for sure.

i needed a potty break then off to find Kathy- we were all starving because again we haven't eaten a thing. so of course we had to go to satuli-canteen!!

--Picture limit
Continue to: Satuli- Canteen

Chapter Link

Last edited:
Satuli-Canteen

50969551506_c9a6b83d9b_c.jpg

Let me tell you how much I LOVE a mobile order. LOVE LOVE LOVE it- Talk about easy! this whole tech savvy Disney-- I'm liking it!

our order-
50969687557_df00bb301c_c.jpg

Meg and i shared the Cheeseburger Steamed buns and chips Along with the Blueberry cream cheese mousse and the chocolate cake

50968880258_974ec4bb68_c.jpg

50969551611_f41081eb42_c.jpg

50969551646_b95e59e342_c.jpg

Talk about satisfaction- Video-

50968880033_78a48bdd24_c.jpg

and us CRACKING up and peanut snorting water-

50969551531_cb4a4d632f_c.jpg

the chocolate cake thing video-
50969686622_c7988419da_c.jpg

Kathy Ordered the Beef bowl -

50968880008_618fef474f_c.jpg

The cheeseburger bun was more like a sloppy joe taste? I am curious what you think the chips were delish i would order again but i think i want to try that beef bowl it looked so appetizing!

The blueberry Cream cheese? OMG it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO good! I likes it a lot more then the Chocolate one and I cannot wait to have more of it!!!

Don't mind me i am drooling while thinking about it...

after our delish meal Kathy wanted to head over to Nomad lounge well to lounge I think at this point she was exhausted this way she can chill out on some comfy couches so we headed over there Meg really wanted to ride EE so Kathy was going to chill drink a drink and we would literally run over to EE

50975953003_6896c36030_c.jpg

that's what we did
Let me tell you I was huffin and a puffin! didn't help i have a hard time breathing with the mask as i get a suffocation feeling with the material on my mouth BUT with my sort of newly nonsmoking lungs i was able to keep up at a brisk pace with peanut! i was seriously proud of myself.

Poop
50975952918_db99b0db03_c.jpg

50975953118_baf4c8e894_c.jpg

we rode it not once but ran around and rode it twice!! that was about my limit. we loved everything in the store yet didn't buy anything- we were on a mission for ONE item...
it must be had--

almost didn't find one and Meghan's heart was breaking a bit.. until there it was in all it's cuteness-

50969658402_66702eb23e_c.jpg

Simba Popcorn Bucket!!

50968849613_e310eba025_c.jpg

Meghan saw this and almost lost her mind had to have it. - once we were done conquering the Yeti we were going to pick it up-- But most carts were closed up for the night until we found the one..
Phew crisis averted! LOL

cool mickey-
50976644676_e444d7ee15_z.jpg

It was time to grab Kathy and head on out not before trying a drink and Lobster Mac and Cheese..
Umm
this may be the best food on the planet.
just sayin..

back at the resort
50968849488_89742626d2_c.jpg

COME ON! look at that sky!

50968849368_4036ab5176_c.jpg

these are off a CELL PHONE CAMERA
Not imagine the better colors and painted sky.
This-- this is why i want to move to FL too- cannot beat this sky!

50969550986_7c79a28ede_c.jpg

and palm tree--
50969657917_8bcaae8c17_c.jpg

what i would do to be there now...
50969657807_0403714927_c.jpg

Ewok Village sunset
50969550701_a174514abc_c.jpg

50968848878_b204040925_c.jpg

just love this... this is my happy place.

Things never go as i plan them

Chapter Link

Last edited:
You didn't like Sanaa??? It is our 2nd fave....our absolute fave is Yachtsman Steakhouse. But yeah, that bread service at Sanaa is DIVINE!!!

The bread service is fabulous for sure! But I wasn't over the moon about the butter chicken. what's your favorite?? I found a butter chicken sauce at Meijer. I haven't bought it probably will to see if it's the same -
Meghan was melting over their Tomato soup along with Kathy and Haley-- I don't like Tomato so I chomped on the bread! LOL
Never did Yachtsman!

Can't wait to see the photos of the houses you saw! You are SO close to your dream, I cannot imagine how exciting it was to SEE the dream!!!!

Let me link em for ya!
The weird pool table house- CLICK ME
The gated one CLICK ME
THE HOUSE I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT! --- CLICK ME
Small street close neighbors house- CLICK ME

I totally can see us living in that one..

We now have a ten year plan. In ten years, Brian and I would like to move closer to the ocean. :cloud9: His job is now 100% remote, and I will graduate with my degree, hopefully in just a few years (yeah, I am taking the SLOOOOOOOOW road to graduation. ) Gabe will have graduated college, should he choose to go that route. The sad part of the plan, is that my parents will probably have passed. If they have not, we will stay put until.....
Last week, he said some MAGICAL words..."who knows, if we are that much closer to Orlando, we should look into getting AP's!" :mickeyjum The man sure does know his way around MY kind of bedroom talk! :rolleyes1

TOO FUNNY about your boys tracking you through the airport while you looked for DME!

Slow and steady wins the race!!! what is your degree going to be?
Hate to think that way about parent's I'm leaving mine to my sisters.. Tag your it.
AP is defiantly music to my ears!!!

Oh yeah they were sending me screen shots and asking what the heck we were doing.
I was laughing..

I really need to get this done i really need your opinions!!!

I'm still here Mo! What lovely pictures of the kids, they're so big now!

Kids got an oculus for Christmas-
its been NONSTOP FUN
clearly we needed to design it-

I love how you designed it :rotfl: Josh's brother has one too and we borrow it sometimes. I find it too heavy to wear but the first thing I did was go on a 360 Disney ride with it :rotfl:

I'm so happy you finally got to go back and I can't wait to hear more about your trip!

There are no words. This was something to behold. sooooo much fun you really lose yourself and you are truly riding on a banshee.

It's so much fun!

How many of you are watching the magic of Animal Kingdom on Disney+?

:wave: Love that show! I was so sad to learn that Popcorn is no longer with us.

the line snaked everywhere it was crazy Long.

This was probably my only complaint (other than things being closed) from when we went it October. I totally understand the social distancing thing but it sure made finding the ends of lines hard.

I would not wait 40 minutes for it again

Yeah, this one is pretty but 20 minutes is about my max.

Best ride at WDW! Well at least until I rode ROTR, those two are now tied in my book. It's hard to pick a favorite between the two because they are very different experiences.

Satuli-Canteen

I really wanted to like this place but I'm just too picky. I loved the beef and the chocolate cake but did not care for any of the bases or sauces. I think it's just going to be a dessert stop for me as long as they have that cake.

we rode it not once but ran around and rode it twice!! that was about my limit.

I'm so sad because this one has become a no go for me. :sad: Last time I rode it I was sick for a few hours afterwards. That backwards part gets me every time.

Oh, Animal Kingdom day perfection!!!! I love hearing about your first experiences with Pandora and Satuli! So awesome, right!? It is absolutely beautiful at night when everything glows.

Jimmy really loved the cheeseburger pods--we think they taste like McDonald's burgers LOL

At Sanaa I like to get the plate with three types of curry. And I do like the Butter Chicken, too. I actually make a homemade Butter Chicken in my Instapot. My family loves it.
Yachtsman is a Signature. But, we NEVER use a TS credit in Epcot, we go during F&W and eat around the World. So, with the extra TC, we typically do one Signature every time we go. Yachtsman is DIVINE. You can literally cut through that Filet with a butter knife! And they have the most kind cast members. We had a HELL of a time getting over there the first time we went. We thought we could take the friendship boat from Epcot without actually going INTO Epcot (without tickets). We ended up having to go over to HS where you can catch the boat without entering the park. We were an HOUR late for our reservation, and they still seated us. Since we were late getting there, the busses and boats were no longer running when we finished. Those amazing CM's called transportation and had a van come and get us...at no charge. So yeah, Yachtsman will always have a special place in our hearts. If you ever get to try it, GO!!!

Okay, the fact that you are looking in Davenport has me walking down memory lane. I literally grew up there! I lived there from 7-17 years old. My dad pastored a church there. It was a little hole in the wall at that time. I grew up going to the Davenport community pool EVERY DAY during the summers. Back then, homes didn't have pools already. Only the "rich" folks had their own pools. Orlando had not stretched beyond Kissimmee back then. Now it has oozed its way all the way into little ole' Davenport. CRAZY. And even crazier? My BFF from back then...she and her husband now pastor that same church...and live in the church parsonage where I used to live and she used to come for sleepovers!!
I am getting a Bachelor's in Business Administration. I actually have no plans to do anything with it. :rotfl2: I just work here, and can get it for free, so I am. I really am doing it to prove something to myself. I grew up with a bit of verbal and emotional abuse tied to my not so stellar high school report cards. So, I spent MANY years with a huge fear of going back to school. I actually worked here for almost six years before I got the courage to go for it. By the time I graduate, we should be just a few years shy of having our house paid off, so COMPLETELY debt free. So, hubby will let me go ahead and retire. :banana::bounce::dancer:

What do you need my opinions on?

Guess what...Melissa had some Lou Malnati's deep dishes and Garrett's popcorn sent to us this weekend, and tonight she is joining us virtually for family dinner! We are doing dinner Chicago style tonight, and I am SO EXCITED!!!

I had no idea that I was sooooo far behind. I was way back on the updates about the holidays. I'll just start with the Disney part. Woo hoo for a stay at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. It's is so beautiful! I've never eaten at Sanaa because that type food isn't something that we typically gravitate to. Oh and I can't believe how grown up Peanut is!

Ahh your photos are so great! I want to be there right now! DH and I booked our first weekend away from the babes in May with another couple. It will be my first time at AK with my husband. We never seem to fit AK into our trips, he would much rather spend an extra day at Epcot.

Well.. I had PLANS of finishing this up to tell my new news and ask for your recommendations.
but My allergies had other plans. and put me flat on my back.
We currently are having the Great Thaw of 2021 and the 4 feet drifts - some piles that were taller then i are almost gone.
Which makes for a pleasant back yard with 4 dogs..
With the above happening my allergies went BAT CRAZY. and i was out of commission for a while.
tenor.gif

So at the end of these replies i will post what I needed as time if now upon us.

I'm still here Mo! What lovely pictures of the kids, they're so big now!

OMG HI!
How are you?? So glad to have you back!
yes they are now giants instead of midgets..

I love how you designed it :rotfl: Josh's brother has one too and we borrow it sometimes. I find it too heavy to wear but the first thing I did was go on a 360 Disney ride with it :rotfl:

I'm so happy you finally got to go back and I can't wait to hear more about your trip!

The children are funny. they just like to make a fun time funnier! LOL
it is bulky to wear! Yep! Love all the Disney stuff on there! I try to walk around at least once a week.. HA!
I hope to get this little trip done with today!

:wave: Love that show! I was so sad to learn that Popcorn is no longer with us.

WAIT ONE SECOND. what do you mean he isn't with us?? What happened was there an update i missed?
I am NOT going to cry over a stupid chicken I WILL NOT!
although we cannot ride living with the sea without talk about Jim and the chickens.

This was probably my only complaint (other than things being closed) from when we went it October. I totally understand the social distancing thing but it sure made finding the ends of lines hard.

True story. i was very confused where lines were. at least they go pretty fast.

Yeah, this one is pretty but 20 minutes is about my max.

absolutely..

Best ride at WDW! Well at least until I rode ROTR, those two are now tied in my book. It's hard to pick a favorite between the two because they are very different experiences.

oh boy... I cannot wait! FoP was such an experience i cannot even imagine what Rise is going to be!

I really wanted to like this place but I'm just too picky. I loved the beef and the chocolate cake but did not care for any of the bases or sauces. I think it's just going to be a dessert stop for me as long as they have that cake.

I am going to get the beef next time. well I already showed you the home made ones.. i will get to that soon too..

See i loved that blueberry one! yummmmmmm i was surprised since i didn't think i would like the consistency of it.

I'm so sad because this one has become a no go for me. :sad: Last time I rode it I was sick for a few hours afterwards. That backwards part gets me every time.

OH NO! that's terrible yet -- i feel ya friend.. Not able to do everything like i used to.. getting old sucks! My mind is still 20..

Oh, Animal Kingdom day perfection!!!! I love hearing about your first experiences with Pandora and Satuli! So awesome, right!? It is absolutely beautiful at night when everything glows.

It was fantastic! we got a lot in for the short time we were there! Can't wait to take some time and wander.. and hopefully see it at night..

Jimmy really loved the cheeseburger pods--we think they taste like McDonald's burgers LOL

humm That may be Mc Donald's I haven't had it in YEARS.. ya know food poisoning then raw burger It made the no go list.

At Sanaa I like to get the plate with three types of curry. And I do like the Butter Chicken, too. I actually make a homemade Butter Chicken in my Instapot. My family loves it.

IF we ever do it again. i would try the different curry. I might like it better if i make it? Can i get that recipe!

Yachtsman is a Signature. But, we NEVER use a TS credit in Epcot, we go during F&W and eat around the World. So, with the extra TC, we typically do one Signature every time we go. Yachtsman is DIVINE. You can literally cut through that Filet with a butter knife! And they have the most kind cast members. We had a HELL of a time getting over there the first time we went. We thought we could take the friendship boat from Epcot without actually going INTO Epcot (without tickets). We ended up having to go over to HS where you can catch the boat without entering the park. We were an HOUR late for our reservation, and they still seated us. Since we were late getting there, the busses and boats were no longer running when we finished. Those amazing CM's called transportation and had a van come and get us...at no charge. So yeah, Yachtsman will always have a special place in our hearts. If you ever get to try it, GO!!!

oh my. talk about a fiasco! and yet.. Always amusing i would have been laughing too hard to figure out where to go!
Yes i will put it on my bucket list.

Okay, the fact that you are looking in Davenport has me walking down memory lane. I literally grew up there! I lived there from 7-17 years old. My dad pastored a church there. It was a little hole in the wall at that time. I grew up going to the Davenport community pool EVERY DAY during the summers. Back then, homes didn't have pools already. Only the "rich" folks had their own pools. Orlando had not stretched beyond Kissimmee back then. Now it has oozed its way all the way into little ole' Davenport. CRAZY. And even crazier? My BFF from back then...she and her husband now pastor that same church...and live in the church parsonage where I used to live and she used to come for sleepovers!!

This is awesome memory! When we do move in the area and you DO come and visit you need to take me around to show all the history! you KNOW i need to know all the LITTLE details

I am getting a Bachelor's in Business Administration. I actually have no plans to do anything with it. :rotfl2: I just work here, and can get it for free, so I am. I really am doing it to prove something to myself. I grew up with a bit of verbal and emotional abuse tied to my not so stellar high school report cards. So, I spent MANY years with a huge fear of going back to school. I actually worked here for almost six years before I got the courage to go for it. By the time I graduate, we should be just a few years shy of having our house paid off, so COMPLETELY debt free. So, hubby will let me go ahead and retire. :banana::bounce::dancer:

omg your a RIOT!!! Doing nothing with it..
when you move down there we will open a business and you can administer the whole thing!
either a restaurant or dog training/kennel/ vet thing/ adoption thing.
It is going to be a huge accomplishment. So happy for you and you are in inspiration!
I want to take a couple of classes before we move just to broaden my career opportunity!

What do you need my opinions on?

just hold on there...
cannot get ahead i already screwed it up.

Guess what...Melissa had some Lou Malnati's deep dishes and Garrett's popcorn sent to us this weekend, and tonight she is joining us virtually for family dinner! We are doing dinner Chicago style tonight, and I am SO EXCITED!!!

STOP!!! This is awesome! what a great idea!!! Love you guys did this!
how was it?? I brought down some of our local pizza place and some shish-ka-bobs.. you all need the Chicago food! hence why i want to open a restaurant in FL!

I had no idea that I was sooooo far behind. I was way back on the updates about the holidays. I'll just start with the Disney part. Woo hoo for a stay at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. It's is so beautiful! I've never eaten at Sanaa because that type food isn't something that we typically gravitate to. Oh and I can't believe how grown up Peanut is!

Well hello!
I am behind on yours too - Only because i had all this going on and needed to write it all out before... well.... you know..
I agree with you on the Sanaa its not something i will actively seek out.
Yep the girl is getting older. I hate it ALL!!

Ahh your photos are so great! I want to be there right now! DH and I booked our first weekend away from the babes in May with another couple. It will be my first time at AK with my husband. We never seem to fit AK into our trips, he would much rather spend an extra day at Epcot.

Thanks! but i am my own WORST critic.. Once i get my camera up and rolling you will see what i can do with the picture! LOL

a weekend away! God Bless!
well i hope i gave you a small insight to AK Pandora! I always wanted to go in May and see the Flower and Garden stuff.. not to mention to do an adult only trip!!! HEAVEN!

but- i also never went with teenagers either which will be our first in November. I am sure they are going to want to to teenager things without us embarrassing adults. they really have no idea how lucky they are to have us.. HA HA HA

ok next up?
I leave tomorrow...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter