Ever had to cancel a vacation? UPDATE pg 6

Great news!

Did you know that DVC resorts have charcoal grills? You may want to plan for a couple of cookouts to save some money on dinner if money is still a little tight. There is a microwave in a studio that you can use for veggies/potatoes/rice/etc. Those microwavable packages make things so much easier!

I'm glad that it looks like things are working out for you!

I just wanted to add a "good luck" to your husband. I just had knee surgery a month ago - a partial meniscus removal. Although it is one of the "easiest" knee surgeries to have, I'm still feeling pretty sore if I'm walk too much, which is happening right now since we're on vacation. Ice and Advil are my friends, lol.

Also, as soon as your DH can get into PT, I say go for it. They gave me some exercises that had an immediate effect in terms of loosening up my knee. I'm sure I would be much worse if not for my therapist!

DH started his PT this week (even though the surgery is Monday) and he has appt's set for next week too. He's a good patient! Won't know the extent of the damage or the recovery period until doc gets in there and sees it up close. He could be back on his feet in days or he could be on crutches for 6 weeks (trip in 8 yikes!). They're either going to remove the torn cartilage OR they might do this procedure called "microfracture" where they drill into his tibial crest down to the marrow, then marrow seeps out and forms a "super clot" with stem cells which cause new cartilage growth...or something like that. If he needs the microfracture then it's essentially like breaking his leg and he'll be on crutches for 6 weeks.

Still haven't had the come-to-Jesus discussion with the other client, but as long as ONE of them is staying and we aren't losing both, we should be okay. I;d ideally love BOTh to stay. Keep your fingers crossed!

UPDATE.

Spoke to the one client this afternoon, and it seems they are NOT leaving. So this is very good news, for SOOOO many reasons. So, for the moment, our trip is still on. I'm very drained right now..it's been a rough day, but YAY!

Awesome! We had to cancel our CO trip last Summer & scale back to a less expensive (though still fun) trip to WI. Just thankful we didn't have to skip vacation entirely after planning it for months.

UPDATE.

Spoke to the one client this afternoon, and it seems they are NOT leaving. So this is very good news, for SOOOO many reasons. So, for the moment, our trip is still on. I'm very drained right now..it's been a rough day, but YAY!

:cool1::cool1:

never had to cancel one I bet that would be so disappointing , hoe per update you can still get to go

I am so glad things may be turning around!
I always read your posts and feel like I know you
I know you've been working hard and saving for this trip
Here's hoping things continue to improve !

I've also had to cancell a vacation. Not disney , but one to pennsylavina twice. once last summer my mom had just had a heart surgery that didn't go well and our town flooded and my sister needed help cleanning out her house.
then this year we had to because of some things my dh had going on at work so instaed we are leaving for minnesota next weekend.
we are planing on the east coast next summer 2013.

I'm glad things are looking up for you and hope your dh recovers quickly.pixiedust:

Still haven't had the come-to-Jesus discussion with the other client, but as long as ONE of them is staying and we aren't losing both, we should be okay. I;d ideally love BOTh to stay. Keep your fingers crossed!

:rotfl: I thought my team at work and I were the only ones who still called them the come-to-jesus talks. But for real, good luck!

Hooray! Wonderful update! I was hoping for you today, have a wonderful vacation :thumbsup2

Glad at least one of them is staying. Good luck with the second.

And I hope your husband does really well with his surgery and has a quick recovery for you!!

Man I am just so sad right now. We are exactly 8 weeks and 3 days away from our WDW vacation...a vacation we've been planning for over two years. We haven't had a vacation at all in over two years. In fact, we haven't had a day off (small business owners). I found out some stuff today relating to our business that is going to put a SIZABLE dent in our income right at the start of September, and we are seriously considering calling off the trip. Oddly, this was essentially one of those infamous DIS "gift trips" (kind of...we were GIVEN a butt-load of DVC points by DH's uncle to cover our resort stay so no cost there). We have been diligently saving up for this much anticipated and desperately needed trip. We JUST bought our park tix two weeks ago and were about to place the order for our MNSSHP tickets. Thank God we didn't do it yet. We figured the rest of the trip would run us about $700.

I'm so sad and tired. I needed this. It's all I've been talking about for two years. I'm close to tears as I type this and poor DH is just dazed. There is a chance the business won't take the hit I think is coming, but I can't rely on that. I'll know more tomorrow when I talk to one of our clients. I'm just trying to prepare myself for it.

On top of that, we have mounting medical bills, business related bills, etc all which would have been fine were we not about to take this financial hit. DH is having knee surgery Monday, and he may need to be on crutches after for 6 weeks. With the trip 8 weeks away that would only give him 2 weeks crutch-free to prep for the trip on his repaired knee.

I'm sure others must've been in the same boat? With so many folks laid off and the economy what it is. Anyone who can commiserate with me? :guilty:

Yes we had to cancel our vacation at WDW because I got cancer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter