EPCOT 2019 International Festival Of The Arts Discussion

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by MickleSt, Sep 22, 2018.

1. WEDWDW

WEDWDW DIS Veteran

MouseGears and Port of Entry beginning January 18.:)

Cluelyss and merry_nbright like this.
  2. Pdollar88

Pdollar88 DIS Veteran

Sorry for the repetition - I didn't see this answered. Where do you sign up for the same-day seminars that don't take advanced reservations? And how quickly do these fill up?

Eagerly waiting the reports from the first few days, so I can solidify my plans. Really trying to prioritize festival happenings, as I've never been. (The agony of waiting to redo my plans is killing me).

Cluelyss likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. yulilin3

yulilin3 Disney Freak Moderator

Pdollar88 likes this.
  5. armerida

armerida Mouseketeer

Do the free seminars require actually signing up, or can you just show up? If so, how early must one arrive to secure a spot?

6. yulilin3

You have to sign up, I didn't do any last year so not sure how far in advance

7. armerida

armerida Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info

8. bernina

bernina Mouseketeer

Thank you for the info!

9. bigeyedfish

bigeyedfish Mouseketeer

Is anyone familiar with Meredith Ingelsby and Steve Blanchard? Looks like they have been in Newsies, The Little Mermaid, and Beauty and the Beast. I’m wondering what types of songs they may sing? I really wasn’t able to find out much info at all about FotArts.

10. yulilin3

The performers will sing one song from their shows and then songs from other disney Broadway musicals.

MickleSt likes this.
  11. Dug720

Dug720 DIS Veteran

It probably depends on the performers. Last year, Josh did a couple from Tarzan (that's his Disney cred 100%) as well as a couple of other ones. Ashley had Mary Poppins AND BATB to pull from. I think she did "Home" from BATB and she did a couple from Mary Poppins.

Steve could easily do songs that "belong" to Gaston AND Beast from BATB as well as whatever he did in Newsies (saw it, yawn...though I never was into the movie either). I saw him as Beast and he does a good job. I'd never heard of Meredith - apparently she understudied Ursula and played Babette in BATB. I'd expect probably Poor Unfortunate Souls from her. I don't know that Babette had a solo. But like @yulilin3 said, they'll do other songs as well. It's not like they got the roles they did only singing one or two songs.

12. Haley R

Haley R With all the strength of a raging fire

We just booked a last minute trip for January 28-February 3 and have never been to this festival before. We only have one day planned for Epcot and it's on a Tuesday. What are the things that are not to be missed? Dh didn't think the Broadway singers sounded interesting to him and honestly I'm not sure they sound that interesting to me either since it's just 2 people singing. Is there any food that's a must have?

13. Amunet

Amunet DIS Veteran

We will be there around that time too! But we'll be in Epcot on the 27th. Our first time attending the festival as well :)
    To figure out what food we're interested in, I refer to this: Disney Food Blog. Prices most likely won't be up until Friday or Saturday of next week.
    I'm really looking forward to trying that Brie in a Bread Bowl and Shrimp w/Noodles :hyper:

jessicag13 and Haley R like this.
  14. Haley R

Haley R With all the strength of a raging fire

Are you mostly just doing food booths? I probably should just go read up more but I’m lazy.

15. Amunet

Amunet DIS Veteran

We plan to, yes :) Maybe do a few other festivities but the food is #1 for us :)

Haley R likes this.
  16. yulilin3

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    cmarsh31, JoJoGirl and jessicag13 like this.
  17. JoJoGirl

JoJoGirl Mouseketeer

Dug720 likes this.
  18. Cluelyss

Cluelyss DIS Veteran

Was just coming here to ask if we thought the discount meant no wristbands. :(

I do have a dining package booked so will probably keep it now....the discount is a nice perk too!

yulilin3 likes this.
  19. halld6479

halld6479 DIS Veteran

Never been to one but our trip will ne during this years one, how do you purchase from the food merchants?

20. Cluelyss

Cluelyss DIS Veteran

Cash, credit, magic bands. In the past, many have been snack credits on DDP as well.

21. katallo

katallo DIS Veteran

Can you use Disney gift cards?