EPCOT 2019 International Festival Of The Arts Discussion

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by MickleSt, Sep 22, 2018.

1. iujen94

iujen94 DIS Veteran

Dumb question regarding the Broadway concerts. The date we will be in Epcot, the two performers are both from Lion King on Broadway. Should I assume they will perform primarily (exclusively?) songs from Lion King, or will they perform a variety of songs? Thanks!

anomamatt and jessicag13 like this.
  2. merry_nbright

merry_nbright DIS Veteran

This is my first year ever attending the event and I’m so excited! I actually set aside an entire day to explore what they have to offer/eat/see! Any highlights from previous years I should look out for?

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. DisneyBelle27

DisneyBelle27 DIS Veteran and Browncoat - I have a cunning hat

Hi! So, I'm new to the whole AP thing (just upgraded to one in Dec). Can you explain the wrist band you got?

Thanks!

5. DisneyBelle27

MickleSt, cadien, chelynnah and 2 others like this.
  6. DisneyBelle27

Per the link I posted above to the passport preview regarding the Animation Academy it says - Multiple times daily, see Times Guide for show times

festival 2.JPG

7. PSUGuy

PSUGuy Bill From PA

We're retiring this Spring and we decided to spend the month of Feb in the Disney area starting in 2020, we just booked a villa in Thousands Oaks 2 days ago. We had no idea this or anything else special was going on this time of year and we're pleasantly surprised to say the least. Grateful to have this thread to bring us up to speed, we're regulars at F&W and we've done F&G 2 or 3 times so now we've got this to look forward to.

Bill From PA

MickleSt and DisneyBelle27 like this.
  8. dolewhipdreams

dolewhipdreams Counting days until my next Dole Whip

Hey there! We saw this performance last year and they did a variety of Disney Broadway songs, but focused on the Lion King :)

iujen94 likes this.
  9. iujen94

iujen94 DIS Veteran

That’s what I figured - darn - wish we were going to be there when “Belle” is performing. Beauty and the Beast is my favorite! But thanks for the information.

anomamatt likes this.
  10. dolewhipdreams

dolewhipdreams Counting days until my next Dole Whip

You're welcome!

I was also bummed that they were on the list for my dates last year (originally it was someone else that I really want to see - Kara Lindsay - but they had to cancel hers) but they ended up being absolutely phenomenal. I know it's a bummer when we can't see our favorites but everyone they pick for these performances are so super talented and put on a great show. You'll have an awesome time!

bobbiwoz likes this.
  11. Gina Starr

Gina Starr Mouseketeer

I’m not sure if they are doing it again this year but I believe last year in the American adventure building (I think that’s what it’s called) they passed out wrist bands. Before the show there was two lines- one for general admission and one for ap and dining packages. I got there 15 minutes before show time and they had already let people in.

Pdollar88, dachsie and DisneyBelle27 like this.
  12. cadien

cadien DIS Veteran

Super first-time question that just occurred to me while looking at the passport: Can you purchase the snacks at the festival booths with your Magic Band? I know you can anywhere else but wanted to be sure of the process for temporary vendors.

13. disprincess2213

disprincess2213 DIS Veteran

Does anyone ever recall the festival booths opening a day early? Wishful thinking lol

14. MemoryMakers

MemoryMakers Earning My Ears

Yep. Usually a good use of a snack credit as well.

15. cadien

cadien DIS Veteran

Really!?! We're on the deluxe dining plan so that's great news.

16. PSUGuy

PSUGuy Bill From PA

Anybody know if this event offers a gift to AP holders as was the case for F&W? Search didn't help me answer this.

Bill From PA

17. yulilin3

yulilin3 Disney Freak Moderator

the only thing I've seen is a magnet

18. Gina Starr

Gina Starr Mouseketeer

Last year they had that print but I haven’t seen that announced so I guess the magnet will replace that?

19. merry_nbright

merry_nbright DIS Veteran

Do we know where we can get the magnet?? Or is it a first day of the festival thing?

20. MemoryMakers

MemoryMakers Earning My Ears

Yep again. Good post from Josh at easywdw (aren’t they all) from last year. This one has links to each of the kiosks that has pics and reviews. But also includes the menus where you can see almost all food can be a snack credit. Going in Feb so I’m hoping does another post this year.

https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/r...estival-of-the-arts-plus-every-item-reviewed/

21. DisneyBelle27

The one I got in December was in Mousegears, not sure if that is the usual place for the AP magnets.