EPCOT 2019 International Festival Of The Arts Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the repetition - I didn't see this answered. Where do you sign up for the same-day seminars that don't take advanced reservations? And how quickly do these fill up?

Eagerly waiting the reports from the first few days, so I can solidify my plans. Really trying to prioritize festival happenings, as I've never been. (The agony of waiting to redo my plans is killing me).

Sorry for the repetition - I didn't see this answered. Where do you sign up for the same-day seminars that don't take advanced reservations? And how quickly do these fill up?

Eagerly waiting the reports from the first few days, so I can solidify my plans. Really trying to prioritize festival happenings, as I've never been. (The agony of waiting to redo my plans is killing me).

Is anyone familiar with Meredith Ingelsby and Steve Blanchard? Looks like they have been in Newsies, The Little Mermaid, and Beauty and the Beast. I’m wondering what types of songs they may sing? I really wasn’t able to find out much info at all about FotArts.

Is anyone familiar with Meredith Ingelsby and Steve Blanchard? Looks like they have been in Newsies, The Little Mermaid, and Beauty and the Beast. I’m wondering what types of songs they may sing? I really wasn’t able to find out much info at all about FotArts.
The performers will sing one song from their shows and then songs from other disney Broadway musicals.

The performers will sing one song from their shows and then songs from other disney Broadway musicals.

It probably depends on the performers. Last year, Josh did a couple from Tarzan (that's his Disney cred 100%) as well as a couple of other ones. Ashley had Mary Poppins AND BATB to pull from. I think she did "Home" from BATB and she did a couple from Mary Poppins.

Steve could easily do songs that "belong" to Gaston AND Beast from BATB as well as whatever he did in Newsies (saw it, yawn...though I never was into the movie either). I saw him as Beast and he does a good job. I'd never heard of Meredith - apparently she understudied Ursula and played Babette in BATB. I'd expect probably Poor Unfortunate Souls from her. I don't know that Babette had a solo. But like @yulilin3 said, they'll do other songs as well. It's not like they got the roles they did only singing one or two songs.

We just booked a last minute trip for January 28-February 3 and have never been to this festival before. We only have one day planned for Epcot and it's on a Tuesday. What are the things that are not to be missed? Dh didn't think the Broadway singers sounded interesting to him and honestly I'm not sure they sound that interesting to me either since it's just 2 people singing. Is there any food that's a must have?

We just booked a last minute trip for January 28-February 3 and have never been to this festival before. We only have one day planned for Epcot and it's on a Tuesday. What are the things that are not to be missed? Dh didn't think the Broadway singers sounded interesting to him and honestly I'm not sure they sound that interesting to me either since it's just 2 people singing. Is there any food that's a must have?
We will be there around that time too! But we'll be in Epcot on the 27th. Our first time attending the festival as well :)
To figure out what food we're interested in, I refer to this: Disney Food Blog. Prices most likely won't be up until Friday or Saturday of next week.
I'm really looking forward to trying that Brie in a Bread Bowl and Shrimp w/Noodles :hyper:

We will be there around that time too! But we'll be in Epcot on the 27th. Our first time attending the festival as well :)
To figure out what food we're interested in, I refer to this: Disney Food Blog. Prices most likely won't be up until Friday or Saturday of next week.
I'm really looking forward to trying that Brie in a Bread Bowl and Shrimp w/Noodles :hyper:
Are you mostly just doing food booths? I probably should just go read up more but I’m lazy.

Annual passholder exclusives
It doesn't look like wristbands for the concerts this year but we do get 10 or 20% off some dinning packages
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...ot-festival-of-the-arts-passholder-offerings/
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...019-epcot-international-festival-of-the-arts/
Was just coming here to ask if we thought the discount meant no wristbands. :(

I do have a dining package booked so will probably keep it now....the discount is a nice perk too!

Never been to one but our trip will ne during this years one, how do you purchase from the food merchants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!