EPCOT 2019 International Festival Of The Arts Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a seasoned WDWer did you find anything at the festival compelling? I have the weekday select pass so I can actually only go on the 18th before I travel home.
We are huge musical theater people so we go mostly for the Broadway concert series. We also enjoy looking at all the different mediums of art, and the food :)
We did a couple of the free seminars on year one and although they were fun we didn't bother doing it again last year.

This is my first time at the Festival of the Arts, and I was thinking of doing one of the free seminars/workshops my first day. I saw someone mention signups--do these require sign ups? Do they "sell out", for lack of a better word? When do signups open up?

Does anyone know of a schedule for the visual artists' appearances at the festival?

I haven't found a schedule showing when the artists will be appearing. I am really interested in finding one too. However, I have found that many of them have listed when they will appear through their social media.

We are going to be there for the festival on it’s last day. I hope that they still have the AP figment magnets available :scared:

The statues and famous paintings look awesome! We can’t decide if we want to get memory maker or not. We normally do but this trip is only 6 days and 3 of our days are after hours.
you could do the one day memory maker

As a seasoned WDWer did you find anything at the festival compelling? I have the weekday select pass so I can actually only go on the 18th before I travel home.

Not the poster you quoted/asked, but thought I’d offer my two cents that I very much enjoy this festival. Two caveats- I love Epcot and specifically, World Showcase, at any time of year and I’m a semi-local. The booth food and drink are larger portions and more involved (“works of art”) and are quite good. I love poking around the various art booths and have picked up several great pieces. The living statues and sidewalk chalk artists are fun to watch. I’ve not done any of the concerts or demos... but I enjoy the overall backdrop it gives World Showcase and am looking forward to checking it out again this year.

Just looked at Paige O'Hara's website and it says she'll be there from Feb 14th - 18th. We'll be there on the 14th...so excited!!!

Just looked at Paige O'Hara's website and it says she'll be there from Feb 14th - 18th. We'll be there on the 14th...so excited!!!
What, really?!?!?!?! I leave the afternoon of the 14th, I'll have to see if I can get over there!

Will be doing this festival for the first time this year. Cant wait to get some paint brush churros and check out a Broadway show.

Just to set expectations, it is not a Broadway Show. It is 2 performers who have been in (often originated) roles in Disney on Broadway productions singing songs in a concert setting.

yes. on her official website it has appearances listed. the dates say the 14th - 18th with times TBD

I went to her website right after reading your post, and you're right, there it is. Hopefully more details come soon, I'd *love* to get something signed by her, but the 14th is cutting it SUPER close for me. And I'm a planner--I plan stuff way in advance so having things like this drop last minute (relatively last minute! LOL) makes me crazy.

Just to set expectations, it is not a Broadway Show. It is 2 performers who have been in (often originated) roles in Disney on Broadway productions singing songs in a concert setting.
Yes i know, thanks for the clarification though. Dont wanna get anyones hopes up.

I went to her website right after reading your post, and you're right, there it is. Hopefully more details come soon, I'd *love* to get something signed by her, but the 14th is cutting it SUPER close for me. And I'm a planner--I plan stuff way in advance so having things like this drop last minute (relatively last minute! LOL) makes me crazy.
It says she'll be there from the 14th-18th, so Im assuming shell be there for the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter