Embarkation from Port of New Orleans - when does traffic start getting bad?

squirk

Saw what you did and knows who you are.
The Wonder sails out of NOLA for the first time in February, using the Erato Terminal that is usually reserved exclusively for CCL. Even though I know RCCL sails out of Julia Terminal, I figured the answer to my question is "same-same" for either terminal.

If you plan on driving to and parking at the terminal, what time should you plan on arriving before the traffic starts getting really bad?

I have been stuck on the Tchoupitoulas off-ramp on 90 in the middle of an embarkation day before and it was nothing nice - especially since I wasn't even going on a cruise. I would very much like to avoid that mess when I actually do cruise.

I am sure with it being Disney's inaugural cruises out of NOLA, there will be tons of super-excited locals who have never cruised DCL before and will be looking to arrive at the terminal very early, PAT be damned.

With all that in mind, what do you seasoned NOLA cruisers think is a good time to get to the garage ahead of the bad traffic that day?

Please and thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter