Egg-Stravaganza Returns to DLR April 1 to 16

Yay!!! I was just coming here to post this too. :) Seens shorter than last year, but I could be wrong.

It ran for 25 days last year, so it shorter this year, but at least the price hasn't changed. I was excited to see that it's in DL, DCA, and DTD again this year.

Darn, I was hoping they'd run it for a bit longer. (We arrive the 22nd) but oh well.

Yay! We will be there the 3rd and 4th! Never done the eggstravaganza before.

Question- the egg you get at the end...is it plastic?

With three different "hunts"...how to choose which egg prizes? :rotfl:It's three sets of two: Mickey & Minnie, Nemo & Dory, and Lady & the Tramp. I'm leaning towards Minnie (because I have a Mickey from last year), but both Nemo & Dory and Lady & the Trap are cute.

Why is everything ending on the 16th? Food & Wine, the AP popcorn promo, now this. We arrive on the 17th!

Hopefully the egg hunt will continue after Easter (like it did last year). As long as there are map and eggs left, they seem to keep it going.

No candy in the eggs.

I want Dory and Nemo for sure, and then maybe Lady. :)

Why is everything ending on the 16th? Food & Wine, the AP popcorn promo, now this. We arrive on the 17th!
The 16th is Easter. I can kind of understand why the egg hunt is ending then. For F&W, I suppose they figure that's the end of the Spring Break season this year.

What is the popcorn promo? I'd only heard about the AP offer, but thought that ended in March.

I hope they let us pick our eggs this year...or at least make it easy enough to "guess" which egg cover to select.

The 16th is Easter. I can kind of understand why the egg hunt is ending then. For F&W, I suppose they figure that's the end of the Spring Break season this year.

What is the popcorn promo? I'd only heard about the AP offer, but thought that ended in March.
I prefer to believe they're just doing it because I'll be there the following day. :snooty:

The popcorn buckets are gone, but you can keep getting the dollar refills through 4/16. I was going to get a bucket when we were there two weeks ago, but then realized there was no point since we won't be back till 4/17.

The funny thing about F&W last year was it started after Easter, so past most spring break crowds and got really popular the last week, which was the last week of April. I understand why it was earlier this year, because peak spring break crowds will be later, but I have to think the hard stop on Easter means something else will be happening between the 16th and Memorial Day.

have never done the egg hunt - can anyone give me details?
There are three different egg hunts (DL, DCA, and DTD). You purchase a map and sticker set and then set out to find the "hidden" egg (each hunt is independent of each other). The eggs themselves are fairly good sized and pretty easy to see even from a distance. The maps give you a clue as to where an egg is "hidden" (e.g., the DTD map says "Disney's Pin Traders", which means one egg is hidden somewhere in or on the Pin Traders store). Most of the eggs are pretty easy to find (this is an event that I see geared for all ages, including little ones). I've done the hunt for two years and none of the eggs were inside enclosed attraction or inside attraction queues (i.e., they were in areas that were visible to everyone). I thought it was a lot of fun, but be prepared to have to walk all over the parks/DTD.

Once you've finished finding all of the eggs for whichever hunt you are doing (or even before you finish/start) you can redeem your map for one of the plastic prize eggs.

I've wrote up experience with the hunt last year. The eggs are probably the same, but the locations will likely be different.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...trip-reports-2015-2016.3470217/#post-55447059

Last edited:
Where do you purchase the maps? Should any of the stores near the entrances have them? TIA

I don't remember for sure, but I felt like I saw them at multiple shops last year. Note that each park only sold their own map (e.g., you could only get the DL map in DL and the DCA map in DCA). I got my DL map at Disney Showcase, the DCA map at Oswald's, and the DTD map at Acorns Gifts (or may WoD, I can't quite remember).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter