Egg-Stravaganza Returns to DLR April 1 to 16

Where do you purchase the maps? Should any of the stores near the entrances have them? TIA
Do you mean the entrances of each park? Yes, Disney Showcase is right there on Town Square as you walk into DL. Last year you didn't even need to go into the shop, they had a table set up outside. In DCA I got mine at the Toy Shop that's right on Buena Vista St. The DtD one I got at the DLH, but they also had them at WoD. Last year, when you purchased your map you could also get your egg at the same time so you didn't need to backtrack when you were finished. I hope they let us do that this year as well. I'm excited about this! I want Nemo and Dory :)

Thanks for the info. I got the impression that you could select your egg at time of purchase which would be nice. I want Dory too!

I think they do the random eggs because there are always likely to be more popular ones, and then they might not sell out the maps if they have only the less desirable ones left. With the random eggs, they might sell more per person, and sell out faster. And, blind items and trading seems to be part of the the experience Disney wants in the parks.

Thanks for the info. I got the impression that you could select your egg at time of purchase which would be nice. I want Dory too!
I think it varies by the CM how much they'll let you "choose" your prize egg. The most common set-up I saw was that the prize eggs were hidden under larger eggs (e.g., a cover). You selected a cover egg and then you got whichever prize egg was hidden inside. Sometimes the CMs were pretty good about giving you a hint if you were looking for a specific egg, other times they wouldn't...it varied by CM. The only guests that seemed pretty much guaranteed to get all six eggs were the ones that bought six maps and redeemed them all at one time. Until the hunt starts next weekend, there is no way to know if they'll have the same set-up this year or try something different.

Last year you could pick whatever one you wanted, the year before it was a surprise.

Looking back through my photos, you're right! Last year, guests could select their egg...the previous year it was a surprise. It'll be interesting to see which route they go with this year.

We did it last year and I simply LOVE the eggs we got. I plan to display them in a little ceramic Easter Egg "carton"
We did both Disneyland and CA Adventure. We ended up with the full set.

Is there anyway they will let you keep the map too? I'm assuming you have to turn it in. But is there a way for them to mark that you redeemed the egg and let you keep the map. I think they look pretty cool too. (I'm a bit of a map geek though.)

Is there anyway they will let you keep the map too? I'm assuming you have to turn it in. But is there a way for them to mark that you redeemed the egg and let you keep the map. I think they look pretty cool too. (I'm a bit of a map geek though.)

You get to keep the map! They simply stamp the back so that you don't try to redeem it for another egg.

All of the eggs are out at DCA! The eggs are easy to find, but you do have travel across almost the entire park to see all of them. (My guess is they're all out at DL too, but I haven't found them all yet.)

I just got the map in Disneyland. Egg redemption is next to Showcase on Main Street. You get to select which egg you want - they also had the six egg designs from last year. You can opt to redeem the map at the time of purchase or redeem it later.

Last edited:
Finished the DCA one today and my girls were a to pick any prize egg they wanted. They gave us the option to redeem when we bought the map or come back.

At DCA now...egg redemption is in the children's clothing room of Elias & Co. They also have the six eggs from last year, plus this year's designs.

There is also an annual passholder pin (Mickey egg) available.
IMG_20170401_174211_zpszoy42ihe.jpg

They also have cake pops with the images from the eggs. I saw them at the Candy Palace and wrapped at some registers where the maps are sold.

Last edited:
At DTD now...the egg redemption location is between the kids' room and art room. They also had all 12 egg designs. Egg hunt maps are available at most of the registers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter