Egg-Stravaganza Returns to DLR April 1 to 16

Sounds like so much fun! Unfortunately I'll miss it by a week, unless they are slow taking them away!

I cannot wait to just be there already! 12 more days. I'm excited for the egg hunt and must get that pin! Thanks for letting us know about that!

I was surprised how much fun we had looking for eggs. I had three girls, ages 11-15, looking for them. Each one bought a map for a different area. They searched in all 3 areas on Saturday and found all of them. If you have kids (or adults) who enjoy scavenger hunts, I recommend participating.

Just got here today. Maps are sold out at Downtown Disney and DCA. My kiddo is disappointed. Hoping to get one at DL tomorrow.

Just got here today. Maps are sold out at Downtown Disney and DCA. My kiddo is disappointed. Hoping to get one at DL tomorrow.
I was just there this past weekend and I know I saw them at other places around the parks, not just at the main stores mentioned in the blog post. For example, last year I got the DTD map at the Fantasia shop at the DLH and I also saw them in the shop at GCH. In DCA I saw them at Lizzie's in Carsland, and in DL I saw them at the Small World shop. Good luck!

I was just there this past weekend and I know I saw them at other places around the parks, not just at the main stores mentioned in the blog post. For example, last year I got the DTD map at the Fantasia shop at the DLH and I also saw them in the shop at GCH. In DCA I saw them at Lizzie's in Carsland, and in DL I saw them at the Small World shop. Good luck!
Thanks for the info! I'll check the hotel shop when we get back. The CM gave DD a photocopy of the map so she could still play along but she'd lovw to get one with stickers and the prize

DTD was out of maps yesterday too. DCA was out of Dory eggs yesterday as well. Not sure about Disneyland maps, but they did have a lot of Dory and Nemo eggs left.

I feel like this year DLR dropped the ball. They are not running the egg hunt as long as last year, they ran out of maps way too early, and out of eggs at DCA. Last year they were still selling maps after Easter. Hopefully they are better next year!

In some ways I'm not surprised that DTD ran out of maps first; it was the only hunt guests could do without having to enter a park. I'm a little surprised to hear that they're running out of prize eggs at specific locations (I kind of assumed they were being restocked from a common pool, so that each day, each redemption location would have a full selection until the design began to run out resort wide). Hopefully at least one of the hunts will last until Easter weekend!

I was just told by a CM in DTD that they are out of maps and eggs resort wide. That is super disappointing if it's true.

At 6:30 tonight I saw a stand w/maps as I was leaving DCA. But yesterday I was told that DCA only had Tramp eggs left. Even those might be gone by now...

I wish they would just make more. For heaven sake, it's a wonderful activity.
We happened upon it last year and collected all the eggs (2 sets) and it's the most wonderful Easter decoration that makes me smile every time I walk by it. We gave one set to my daughter and she was so tickled. We didn't know about this egg hunt until last year.

I loved seeing little kids find the eggs, the joy and excitement was wonderful.

I wonder if they cut back on the amount of maps and prizes this year, but unfortunately cut back too much. Last year weren't they still selling maps after the official end date of the hunt? We did it at the beginning of April this year and they had all of last year's eggs to choose from as well as the new eggs.

I wonder if they cut back on the amount of maps and prizes this year, but unfortunately cut back too much. Last year weren't they still selling maps after the official end date of the hunt? We did it at the beginning of April this year and they had all of last year's eggs to choose from as well as the new eggs.

I remember them extending the egg hunt last year as well, and apparently they had eggs left over because weren't they offering them this year too. Hopefully next year they will get it right!

I remember them extending the egg hunt last year as well, and apparently they had eggs left over because weren't they offering them this year too. Hopefully next year they will get it right!
Yes. We chose last year's Minnie as one of our eggs this year.

We have an unfinished map that we were hoping to complete next Tuesday (already got the prize egg, just wanted to find the rest of the hidden eggs and place the stickers).

I was figuring they'd leave the eggs up for a few days post-Easter since they had the whole hunt still going last year, but this makes me wonder... if they're out of maps and prizes, maybe they'll pull the eggs down. Bummer. I might post back on Monday and see if anyone can report on the actual hidden eggs.

It definitely sounds like they've had a lot of "leftovers" in the past, so this year they scaled back and overdid it. How frustrating for people to show up on Easter weekend and not be able to do the hunt!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter