ECG Scan

Beth__WDW23/6/02

<font color=deeppink>you can never mock anything u
Thought i'd update you all, after my results which came back all fine, i thought i could relax and the ecg scan would come through after my holiday.
But yesterday i got a letter off the hospital,saying they have tried to contact me,and they want me to ring them to sort out a convenient appointment :( i wanted this after my holiday,i didnt want to worry over this :( whilst sorting the holiday out,and worrying about the results.

I havent rang as of yet.
I'm sick of hearing people saying "ohhh they might not let you go on holiday" "dont have it done" etc.
I want it done but afterwards?

So im confused not sure what to do.
I might be panicking and they might have a date in a months time?

Beth

Hi Beth,

I'd ring them and tell them your holiday dates, would you not be better getting it over and done with before you go away? I know I'd spend the holiday worrying about having to go through it when I got home. To be honest though knowing our NHS they probably want to offer you an appointment for 6 months time. Remember if they were REALLY concerned you'd have had the ECG done immediately.

Call them but do give them your holidays plus a day or so at either end. They probably won't be able to fit you in before. Don't worry, it will be fine. As for everyones unhelpful advice just ignore it.

Originally posted by Muppet
. As for everyones unhelpful advice just ignore it.

I'm assuming that this was aimed at me.

Beth - I hope you didn't interpret what I said the wrong way, maybe I didn't word it very well, what I was trying to say was that as an RGN, I know that if they had major concerns they wouldn't make you wait for an appointment for an ECG, you'd be referred to hospital immediately. I'm sorry if this came across wrong as I thought it would reassure you.

Oh god no i didnt mean you at all,:( sorry if you thought i did,no i didnt mean you,i meant family/friends,they havent been that supportive i have found,gr! there tips are one,to prevent me going away i think they dont want me to go,lol,and secondly just to make me worry,im such a worrywart.

I'm going to ring tommorow,and see what we can come up with and i might ring my dr for an appointment and see what the dr thinks,like i've been told off everyone on here (you guys) he only has sent me for the ecg "as a precautionary measure" so i shouldnt get into a flap!Plus the fact the dr i saw wasnt my dr he was a stand in dr,who doesnt know me that well,my dr has known me since a baby,so he knows my medical side of my life,and i think he will tell me to stop worrying,and enjoy my holiday! lol.

I'm sorry i didnt mean you :o

I understand what you mean this is what i've been telling myself if there was something there,he wouldnt make me wait and something would of been done there and then,eversince a week ago i havent had any paplitations,and ive felt ok,tired,and muzzy head but thats excitement and after effects of disney shopping.lol.
So if there was something serious it would be there all the time :)

Sorry to ramble on,i just want this holiday to come now :)

Anyway i will ring tommorow,and will let you all know what is happening ;)

Beth
P,s sorry PoohBears#1fan.

Beth you have nothing to apologise for, it's me jumping to the wrong conclusion - sorry

I read Muppet's reply and thought s/he was referring to my post as being the unfriendly advice aa I hadn't worded what I'd said very well, now I've sat down and read through it all, it's clear that I've jumped to the wrong conclusion.

So in fact it's me who owes both you and Muppet an apology.

Beth - good luck with your GP and ECG I'll have everything crossed for you

Just to confirm I did mean friends of Beth.

I do agree PoohBears#1fan I think she should call to get the appointment.

Update:

I rang today,and a lady answered the the lady i need to speak to though,so she took,name,gp's name,reason for call etc. And they will ring me back.

Well i waited most of the morning,then i took dd to the park (where she got mobbed by all the ducks,and then got bitten by one) :(
When we got home,had a call,went to asnwerphone,they had left a message i need to ring back again tommorow at 10:30 am. Gr why do they mess you around? why cant they either just send an appointment etc? or call me. So i will ring again tommorow.

Dear ole' mother is ringing my GP,and making sure if my appointment isnt before we go,it is ok to fly (which im sure it is) but this is worrying me!! (like usual).

So will let you all know what happens tommorow.

Beth

P,s feel better now i have rang.!! :):):) thanx all :)

Best of luck Beth - I'm sure it will all work out ok in the end :) Sometimes waiting really <i>is</i> the worst part!

I rang this morning, My dear mother spoke to my dr who said i should get the scan done,so i rang,i am going in on monday for it to be attached,at 2pm.
The tuesday i will go back at 1:30pm to have it taken off,and then they will download the readings by 2pm my doctor should have the results. And tuesday i'll know the out come.

I knew i should get it done,but i was scared of how long the results will take,and what will happen but what will be will be i suppose.

Thank you for all your support.:)
Will let you all know what happens on tuesday.

Also our tickets have arrived seems a little weird i dont feel excited or anything :(...but im going i know that for sure ;)
Nothing can take away WDW!!!! :D

Beth
Thanx to you all :)

We're rooting for you Beth....... good luck for Monday/Tuesday.

Good luck Beth! Better to get it over and done with sooner rather than later I think :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter