SAPPHIRE FALLS thread........

Anyone have a room location recommendation for a lagoon view room?

Also, is lagoon view or pool view better or is it a matter of personal preference? We are booked into lagoon view but the price is the same for pool view.

Anyone have a room location recommendation for a lagoon view room?

Also, is lagoon view or pool view better or is it a matter of personal preference? We are booked into lagoon view but the price is the same for pool view.

Guest Houses 2 and 3 have lagoon views, Guest Houses 1 and 2 have pool views available.

We prefer Guest House 2 and always have a lagoon view as it`s quieter, we like the view and being able to see the boats come and go too. But, I think it is all down to personal preferences. All Guest Houses are all angled off from the main lobby.

Guest Houses 2 and 3 have lagoon views, Guest Houses 1 and 2 have pool views available.

We prefer Guest House 2 and always have a lagoon view as it`s quieter, we like the view and being able to see the boats come and go too. But, I think it is all down to personal preferences. All Guest Houses are all angled off from the main lobby.
My DH wanted to book lagoon view because he thought it would be quieter than pool view. I’m glad you find the lagoon view rooms quiet.

Are the hallways long? Should I request near elevator? At Disney we usually stay at the Yacht Club or Beach Club and we always request near elevator because those hallways are loooong!

My DH wanted to book lagoon view because he thought it would be quieter than pool view. I’m glad you find the lagoon view rooms quiet.

Are the hallways long? Should I request near elevator? At Disney we usually stay at the Yacht Club or Beach Club and we always request near elevator because those hallways are loooong!

Yes, they are long, we usually have the Sapphire Suite which is not far from the elevators, but have heard folks complain they were at the far end of the hallways and it felt a long walk to get to the lobby.

I think we also find it quiet as the bedroom is away from the door to the suite, so we also get no hallway noise either. So, yes, I would request a room close to the elevators if I were you.

I hope you love it there too.

Strong Water Bar has made some changes to their menu, so here are their latest offerings.

We tried all the new dishes except one and they are all stunning.

i-rjWxWjq-XL.jpg

i-tP6wRTS-XL.jpg

i-7br5RKV-XL.jpg

i-6QZTXNJ-XL.jpg

i-WtFJfrS-XL.jpg

i-jL2rbTB-XL.jpg

i-Rm3B2sq-XL.jpg

i-tDqWPqV-XL.jpg

i-Lm8ptcT-L.jpg

i-k4jfHS4-L.jpg

:flower1:Just booked a week at Sapphire Falls! Really a “spur of the moment” decision. Found a great deal and my dh said “let’s do it”. Don’t have to tell me twice! 😉 I know I will miss all the perks of staying at RPR but @schumigirl has written so many wonderful things about this resort…. I’m excited to try it!!!😃 Booked the lagoon view- the resort looks beautiful.

:flower1:Just booked a week at Sapphire Falls! Really a “spur of the moment” decision. Found a great deal and my dh said “let’s do it”. Don’t have to tell me twice! 😉 I know I will miss all the perks of staying at RPR but @schumigirl has written so many wonderful things about this resort…. I’m excited to try it!!!😃 Booked the lagoon view- the resort looks beautiful.

Fantastic!!!! That is a good husband!!!

We love the lagoon view and I know you`ll have an amazing trip and I think you`ll love staying at Sapphire.....it`s so handy to spend some evenings in Strong Water Bar....... ::yes::

Happy to hear your news!!!

How’s the breakfast buffet at Amatista?

It is very good and Amatista is a lovely bright restaurant , you can also eat outside overlooking the water feature or lagoon.

Food choices were always plentiful and something for everyone as well as a chef on the omelette/egg station. I think it is the best buffet breakfast from all the hotels.

Thanks for the information on the halls. I’ll add the request to my reservation.

We are really exciting for our stay at SF! The hotel looks gorgeous!
We loved our lagoon view and requested a room facing the park. High floor. Also could take the elevator straight down to boat dock.
I have to say the layout of the resort can be confusing and takes a bit to figure it out.

Just got back from a great week at the Sapphire!

Pros:
1-Gorgeous spaces. Lobby, outside, pool and all public areas. This is a gorgeous hotel
2-Pool. Plenty of shaded spots, great Cabana's, comfy chairs, great ledge around the pool area to sit
3-Strong Water Tavern. Great food and yummy drinks. The Carole's Punch was delicious!
4-Pool bar. Best burger and fries. Great fruit plate and salads.
5-Rooms. Large enough for a family, comfy beds, large TV
6-Rooms. Location, we had an awesome room! I asked for close to the pool and transportation and that is exactly what we got. Room in Guest House 3, second floor. It was perfect. Close enough to the elevator. We never get to check in before 4PM, but it was worth the wait.

Cons
1-Rooms. No storage! Missing storage for clothes, bathroom items, dressers. The small 4 drawer dresser does not hold anything of substance. Need shelves for the bathroom, hooks, more towel bars.
2-Rooms. Garbage cans. There are only two small ones in the room. One in the bathroom and one in the main room. We ended up using one of our shopping bags as a garbage container.
3-Rooms. Cleaning services. We had terrible luck with our cleaning services, either we did have service or she would come while we were in the room. We were able to get towels and toiletries delivered, so it wasn't a big deal.

Just got back from a great week at the Sapphire!

Pros:
1-Gorgeous spaces. Lobby, outside, pool and all public areas. This is a gorgeous hotel
2-Pool. Plenty of shaded spots, great Cabana's, comfy chairs, great ledge around the pool area to sit
3-Strong Water Tavern. Great food and yummy drinks. The Carole's Punch was delicious!
4-Pool bar. Best burger and fries. Great fruit plate and salads.
5-Rooms. Large enough for a family, comfy beds, large TV
6-Rooms. Location, we had an awesome room! I asked for close to the pool and transportation and that is exactly what we got. Room in Guest House 3, second floor. It was perfect. Close enough to the elevator. We never get to check in before 4PM, but it was worth the wait.

Cons
1-Rooms. No storage! Missing storage for clothes, bathroom items, dressers. The small 4 drawer dresser does not hold anything of substance. Need shelves for the bathroom, hooks, more towel bars.
2-Rooms. Garbage cans. There are only two small ones in the room. One in the bathroom and one in the main room. We ended up using one of our shopping bags as a garbage container.
3-Rooms. Cleaning services. We had terrible luck with our cleaning services, either we did have service or she would come while we were in the room. We were able to get towels and toiletries delivered, so it wasn't a big deal.

Glad to hear you had such a great stay despite the cons which yes, understandable, we do need storage and housekeeping is essential for us.

But, glad you enjoyed Strong Water and may I say, Carole`s punch too....:-)

We`ve never tried the burgers from the pool bar, but good to know you liked them and yes Sapphire is just beautiful.

Thank you for coming back with a report from your stay, always appreciated :thumbsup2

Hello! I haven't been on Disboards in about six years - since our one and only trip to Disney! I am trying to talk my husband into a "last minute" trip to Universal in December, because my 11 yo DD has been dying to go to Harry Potter world for years and she has an early Christmas break this year. I am pretty picky about hotels and have been checking out Sapphire Falls on the website. Most likely we will be a party of four - me, DH, DD, and either my SD or a friend of DD.

I like the Kids Suite with the two bedrooms so I have a couple of questions on those. Are they available at various locations/buildings? So, can you get one of those with lagoon view or are they only in certain buildings? Also, I am not a big fan of elevators and prefer to stay on low floors - do they typically accommodate room requests such as this and if so, are the Kids Suites available on the lower floors of any building? I like to stay third floor or below so that I can take the stairs if I want. On our one and only trip to Disney we stayed at the Poly, mainly because I knew the buildings only had three floors and the rooms were large, lol.

Hello! I haven't been on Disboards in about six years - since our one and only trip to Disney! I am trying to talk my husband into a "last minute" trip to Universal in December, because my 11 yo DD has been dying to go to Harry Potter world for years and she has an early Christmas break this year. I am pretty picky about hotels and have been checking out Sapphire Falls on the website. Most likely we will be a party of four - me, DH, DD, and either my SD or a friend of DD.

I like the Kids Suite with the two bedrooms so I have a couple of questions on those. Are they available at various locations/buildings? So, can you get one of those with lagoon view or are they only in certain buildings? Also, I am not a big fan of elevators and prefer to stay on low floors - do they typically accommodate room requests such as this and if so, are the Kids Suites available on the lower floors of any building? I like to stay third floor or below so that I can take the stairs if I want. On our one and only trip to Disney we stayed at the Poly, mainly because I knew the buildings only had three floors and the rooms were large, lol.
Sapphire is a beautiful hotel and I’m sure you’d love the kids suite BUT … Sapphire does not include express passes. Since you don’t travel often to the parks, I’d highly recommend staying at Royal Pacific, Hard Rock or Portofino to get the included express passes. You’ll give up on space in the room (unless you book a kids suite there as well) but the trade off is very little wait for the rides. With express, there is little to no planning needed which is ideal for a newbie and a last minute trip. Portofino has the largest rooms of the three. Just my 2 cents. 😀

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter