1. Garlic herb pork chops, broccoli
  2. Korean bbq pork chops ( pork chop sale!), fried rice
  3. Fried pork chops, mashed potatoes, green beans
  4. Ham steak, zucchini and onions
  5. Baked marinated fancy chicken thing I got from aldi, broccoli
  6. Big salad with leftover chicken
  7. I think we are going out for our anniversary

Jumping on board as well!
  • Olive Garden copy cat Zuppa Toscana soup (use kale instead of spinach. making now to have for quick meals as needed)
  • Pioneer Woman Sour Cream Noodle Casserole (prepping tomorrow to bake later in the week)
  • Arabic rice dish (brown ground beef with Arabic 7 spice blend on stove, add to rice cooker with rice and water and 1T butter, cook on white rice setting. Serve with plain yogurt or Laban on the side).
  • Blue Apron meal Harissa-Fig Chicken Thighs & Orzo Salad.
  • Glorified Sauerkraut and smoked kielbasa
  • Salad, Brussels sprouts and baked potatoes as sides as well as canned/frozen veggies to clean out pantry/freezer

So far I've made the Zuppa Toscana Soup and Sour Cream Noodle Casserole and both are DH and DD 8 approved. And unlike most weeks we already have a nice stock of yummy leftovers waiting in the fridge.

I'm trying to mix in new recipes with our (somewhat boring) usual recipes. I'm guilty of thinking everything I cook at home has to be super healthy and have been avoiding comfort type foods. Well guess what, eating any home cooked food is automatically better than the majority of restaurant or fast food. So comfort food here we come!

Saturday: Leftover Buffalo Chicken
Sunday: Homemade pizza
Monday: Baked potato "bar" with broccoli, bacon, cheese, sour cream, etc..
Tuesday: Chicken Lo Mein
Wednesday: Spagetti Squash, salad, garlic bread
Thursday: Mock Chipotle Chicken and Rice
Friday: Leftovers

Wednesday: (carry-over from last week)
White Bean and Smoked Sausage Soup
Corn Muffins

Thursday:
Out to dinner with In-laws in from out of town

Friday:
Taco Soup

Saturday:
Creamy Shrimp Pasta
Garlic Toast

Sunday:
Venison Roast with Potatoes and Carrots
Green Beans
Rolls

Monday:
Hawaiian Haystacks

Tuesday:
Baked Fish
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Roasted Asparagus

And here's the rest of the menu after a shop:)...
Sunday (the steak dinner above - it was SOOOO good:))
Monday - Baked Chicken "Fries", Sunflower Cranberry Salad Bag, Raspberries/Blueberries, Hawaiian Rolls
Tuesday - Chicken Tacos with Guacamole and Salsa, Refried Beans, Sliced Pears
Wednesday - Honey Mustard Baked Chicken Breast, Roasted Asparagus, More Raspberries/Blueberries
Thursday - Crockpot Duck - I bought the Aldi's duck with the orange sauce, and I want to see if I can crock it like a turkey - I'm gonna remove the duck skin for a later use (or to bake into crackling), White Rice, Roasted Zucchini, Clementines (to reinforce orange flavor)
Friday - Duck Pot Pie - any leftover duck and veg will go into a pioneer woman version of her leftover turkey pot pie - I'm gonna add sweet potatoes, onions, and carrots to anything I have, Fruit Smoothies
Saturday - Sandwiches and Chips or Leftovers - my oldest 2 are going to a fancy French place for a birthday lunch...so I'll take my boys to their preferred lunch...and then dinner will be very, very simple and cheap

So, we didn't do the duck, so that's still to come...but I did do a corned beef that needed to be done...so still a good dinner:). Here's this week's plan...

Sunday - Roasted Lemon Dill Salmon Filets, Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Zucchini, Cranberry Persimmon Kiwi Crisp (my new favorite winter fruit - a persimmon - never cooked with one before 2 weeks ago, and wow, are they with cranberry an amazing crisp - last one had raspberry, this had kiwi, and they were both killer).
Monday - Sardine and Veg Thai Red Curry (Radish, Radish Greens, Spinach, Sweet Potato, Carrot, Onion, leftover zucchini and asparagus from last week) over White Rice, Last of Corned Beef, Winter Fruit Salad (Bosc Pears, Gala Apples, Persimmons, and Clementines in a Lemon Honey Sauce)
Tuesday - Dairy Free Butter Chicken with Veg (Tomatoes, Onions, Carrots), Naan, Roasted Pineapple
Wednesday - Chicken Fried Rice with Egg and Veg, Miso Soup with Bean Sprouts and Mushroom, Clementines
Thursday - Beef Fajitas with Bell Pepper, Onion, Lettuce, Tomato, and Avocado, Double Blueberry Muffins
Friday - Leftovers or Mac and Cheese (dairy free and regular Kraft), with Fruit Smoothies and Salads
Saturday - OUT (We are running to all different activities all day, so we'll get back together as a family and use a Groupon to Mongolian...finally. 3rd time we've planned for this place:))...

I'm trying to mix in new recipes with our (somewhat boring) usual recipes. I'm guilty of thinking everything I cook at home has to be super healthy and have been avoiding comfort type foods. Well guess what, eating any home cooked food is automatically better than the majority of restaurant or fast food. So comfort food here we come!

I was the same way. If I made a more comforting meal, I felt so guilty about eating it (like the Pot Roast I made this week). This isn't a healthy mindset at all so I realized I needed to change things up. I am not counting calories (I had panic attacks last time I tried because my anxiety was so bad), but I am trying to make small changes. So like with the Pioneer Woman casserole, I would have been sure to have a salad as an "appetizer". I get my fresh veggies in AND I eat less of the higher calorie foods, but I don't feel deprived because I still GET the good stuff.

Home from St Augustine, and meal plan is ready to go! Shopping the freezer and pantry =)
Tonight: Mac and cheese and chicken tenders (Publix ready to go we got on the way home today), carrot sticks
Tomorrow: Chicken marinated in Italian dressing, seasoned potatoes, cauliflower
Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: Turkey meatloaf, scalloped potatoes, cheesy broccoli
Friday: Leftovers
Saturday: going to a personal training clients' Christmas party
Sunday: Slow cooker creamy tomato pasta (chicken breasts, cream cheese, marinara sauce, Italian seasoning, and garlic in a slow cooker for 3-4 hours on high, shred the chicken and put back in slow cooker with a block of cream cheese and stir) with salad

Well, sometimes bad things do happen at good times... I'll explain. DH's mom and stepdad came to visit last week Thu-Sun. I hadn't planned to cook while they were here because I knew I'd be working, DH and DS would be doing stuff with them, and they'd probably want to go out to eat since there's places here they can't get where they're at. So I used up a lot of what was in the fridge and figured I'd do a big shop this week. Low and behold on Friday morning DH discovers that a fan in the fridge went out. He had to take everything out, he put it into coolers or our garage freezer, he cleaned out the actual fridge (I love him!), diagnosed the problem, tried to find a local store with the part, and ended up having to order it. The part came in yesterday and he was able to fix it and get everything back in- for $50. We ended up only having to toss the milk and got rid of some old stuff that was living in there! Now I can do a big shop today. The plan for the next two weeks, in no particular order:

basil lemon chicken
bagel pizzas
beef nachos
chicken sliders with veggies and chips/dip
crispy orange chicken with rice and veggies
cheddar corn dog muffins
lasagna
slow cooker enchilada soup
sausage and veggie pasta
bacon club pizza
Philly cheesesteak sandwiches with fries

So I got sick starting Thursday and things went off the rails. Oh well. That's life. Feeling better today so hopefully I can get back at it.

Breakfast: Sausage balls and hardboiled eggs
Lunch: Chicken fajita burrito bowls

Tonight: Soup or a frozen meal, depending on what I feel like.
Sunday - Tuesday: BBQ chicken thighs, cheesy grits with kale, and roasted zucchini
Wednesday - Thursday: Red shrimp curry with veggies and rice
Friday: Noodles and veggies in a thai peanut sauce
Saturday: Salmon Florentine with pasta
Sunday - Monday: Thai peanut chicken ramen
Tuesday: Bone in rib eye, coconut shrimp, twice baked potato, asparagus
Wednesday: Aunt and Uncle's house
Thursday - Friday: Oyakodon

Gonna start on some plans for January today.

New week! Some are rollover from last week...we ate at home, but had more leftovers etc. so I didn't have to make as much.

Monday: White chicken chili (from the freezer), rolls and honey butter
Tuesday: Almond crusted chicken, cheesy broccoli, seasoned roasted potatoes
Thursday: Slow cooker buffalo chicken (BF will probably make his into a sandwich), cauliflower
Friday: Appetizer night...bacon wrapped asparagus, buffalo chicken dip (with the leftover buffalo chicken), pizza pull apart bread
Saturday: My work holiday Christmas party
Sunday: Ordering a pizza and salad from this local Italian restaurant I won a gift card to at an event. Will order and pick up on the way home from work.

So, we didn't do the duck, so that's still to come...but I did do a corned beef that needed to be done...so still a good dinner:). Here's this week's plan...

Sunday - Roasted Lemon Dill Salmon Filets, Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Zucchini, Cranberry Persimmon Kiwi Crisp (my new favorite winter fruit - a persimmon - never cooked with one before 2 weeks ago, and wow, are they with cranberry an amazing crisp - last one had raspberry, this had kiwi, and they were both killer).
Monday - Sardine and Veg Thai Red Curry (Radish, Radish Greens, Spinach, Sweet Potato, Carrot, Onion, leftover zucchini and asparagus from last week) over White Rice, Last of Corned Beef, Winter Fruit Salad (Bosc Pears, Gala Apples, Persimmons, and Clementines in a Lemon Honey Sauce)
Tuesday - Dairy Free Butter Chicken with Veg (Tomatoes, Onions, Carrots), Naan, Roasted Pineapple
Wednesday - Chicken Fried Rice with Egg and Veg, Miso Soup with Bean Sprouts and Mushroom, Clementines
Thursday - Beef Fajitas with Bell Pepper, Onion, Lettuce, Tomato, and Avocado, Double Blueberry Muffins
Friday - Leftovers or Mac and Cheese (dairy free and regular Kraft), with Fruit Smoothies and Salads
Saturday - OUT (We are running to all different activities all day, so we'll get back together as a family and use a Groupon to Mongolian...finally. 3rd time we've planned for this place:))...

So, I made Ox feet for the 1st time today...and it was a huge hit. My spouse, when he saw them in the crockpot, made quite the face, but damn with the marinated Korean chuck and a host of veg (flat cabbage, green and white onion, enoki mushroom, carrots, celery, and some garlic/rosemary, s&p, and extra korean marinade), it was SO good. For the 1st time, I also thickened the stew with egg yolks and a slurry - the egg yolks were a fail on cracking eggs by my daughters for cookies and they added even more beautiful mouth feel. All of it's gone, except one serving, and I had filled the whole crock (and then fished the bones out 1/2 way through)...so, now my spouse is no longer freaking that I bought 2 packages of the ox feet, and one is still in the freezer:)...here's the rest of the plan...

Sun - Korean Ox Feet, Veg, and Beef Crockpot stew, Rice, Pillsbury Croissants
Mon - Aldi's Chicken Fries, Mashed Potatoes, Aldi's Sunflower Seed Salad Bag, Fresh Persimmon/Cranberry/Blueberry Crisp
Tues - Mexican night (only night skipped last week) Beef Fajitas with Bell Pepper, Onion, Lettuce, Tomato, and Avocado, Sliced Watermelon, Chips and Salsa
Wed - Crockpot Pork Butt - Brown BBQ Sandwiches tonight, Dairy-Free Green Bean Casserole with roasted onions and mushrooms, Last of Watermelon
Thurs - Red Pork BBQ over Mac and Cheese (dairy free and regular), Roasted Broccoli, Sliced Apples
Fri - Leftovers or Use Up the Frozen Night (this will be Frozen Turkey Burgers, Onion Rings, and Smoothies if needed)
Sat - OUT - we are actually going out for lunch since we have an adult game night, but we don't tend to eat much pregame b/c the hosts put out tons of snacks, so I'm planning lunch leftovers for us, and a free pizza from Dominos with fruit for the kids (if they have no leftovers)...

Sunday: America's Test Kitchen Chicken Enchiladas with Red Chile Sauce (seriously the best dish, hands down one of our favorites).
Monday: Leftovers
Tuesday: Miso Chicken Ramen Noodle Bowls (pan fry salted chicken breasts or thighs, shred, mix white miso paste with toasted sesame oil, mirin or rice vinegar, water, pour over chicken. Use either chicken broth or make miso broth with a few tablespoons white miso paste and water. Serve broth and chicken with ramen noodles, veggies such as bok choy, mushrooms, kimchi, corn, mushrooms, bamboo shoots, etc.).
Wednesday: Make your own pizza using Boboli crusts and fresh mozzarella to replicate Blaze red vine pizza.
Thursday: ?
Friday: Dinner at SIL

1. Pork chops, green beans
  2. Ham steak, peas, steak fries
  3. Lasagna
  4. Leftover lasagna
  5. Asian chicken slaw type salad
  6. Spicy sausage white bean soup stuff
  7. Egg roll in a bowl, sweet carrots
This is a pretty easy menu plan for me and I only need about $15 in ingredients.

Christmas is next week...eeek! DH and I are going up to Iowa to see his brother for a few days before Christmas.

Wednesday: (Church party)
Buffalo Chicken Dip with Tortilla Chips
Pigs in a Blanket

Thursday: (packing for early Friday departure for trip)
Canned Soup
Grilled Cheese

Friday- Monday:
In Iowa

*Our daughters will not be going with us, they have to work. So, they plan to make Christmas treats while we are away: Oreo Truffles, Chocolate No-Bake Cookies, Peppermint Bark

Christmas Eve: (won't get home unitl right before dinner, so I had to make it a quick and easy meal)
Summer Sausage
Cheese and Crackers
Sweet Gherkin Roll-ups
Christmas Treats
Sparkling Juice

Christmas Day:
Breakfast

Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
Fruit Salad
Sourdough Toast with Jams and Jellies

Dinner
Smoked Salmon (hubby cooks a filet in our smoker)
Bagels with Cream Cheese and Capers
Loaded Potato Skins
Mozzarella Sticks with Marinara
Christmas Treats

Saturday: DH's family Xmas Party. I took fruit tray.
Sunday: Chipotle Chicken, Brown Rice
Monday: Leftover Brown Rice, Roasted Brussel sprouts, Chicken sausage
Tuesday: Baked Chicken Legs, Roasted Acorn Squash, Mac and cheese
Thursday: Beef tacos
Friday: Homemade Pizza

What is everyone cooking for Christmas?

DD wants dumplings so I told her I’d help her make them. The hubs wants Lecellier (sp) beer cheese soup. I want a jalapeño cheese ball. So it’s going to be the weirdest most delicious menu ever lol

DD wants dumplings so I told her I’d help her make them. The hubs wants Lecellier (sp) beer cheese soup. I want a jalapeño cheese ball. So it’s going to be the weirdest most delicious menu ever lol

I don't cook Xmas (we do the Christmas Story dinner), but I am cooking Xmas eve this year. I'm still debating between a 7 fishes wine/garlic pasta (mussels, clams, squid, anchovies, sardines, shrimp, and fish broth) and a dairy-free meat lasagna. My mom got me high end dairy-free oils for Xmas, so we'll do bread to dip and a salad, but I'm still not sure which way I'm going.

Xmas is cinnamon rolls and coffee for breakfast, a cheese and fruit tray for the kids for lunch (and dairy-free lox and bagels with all the fixings for the adults), and the Peking Duck and fixings for dinner from the local Chinese place...dessert will be Xmas cookies and candy (and maybe pineapple mango lime dairy free fool if I don't look at the scale:))...

I don't cook for Christmas as I go to my aunt and uncles house for dinner.

However, for Christmas Eve I will be on my own so I am making myself a nice dinner. Bone in ribeye, coconut shrimp, twice baked potato, and asparagus. I will also pick up something for dessert but I am not sure yet what I want.

So I got sick starting Thursday and things went off the rails. Oh well. That's life. Feeling better today so hopefully I can get back at it.

Breakfast: Sausage balls and hardboiled eggs
Lunch: Chicken fajita burrito bowls

Tonight: Soup or a frozen meal, depending on what I feel like.
Sunday - Tuesday: BBQ chicken thighs, cheesy grits with kale, and roasted zucchini
Wednesday - Thursday: Red shrimp curry with veggies and rice
Friday: Noodles and veggies in a thai peanut sauce
Saturday: Salmon Florentine with pasta
Sunday - Monday: Thai peanut chicken ramen
Tuesday: Bone in rib eye, coconut shrimp, twice baked potato, asparagus
Wednesday: Aunt and Uncle's house
Thursday - Friday: Oyakodon

Gonna start on some plans for January today.

My husband and I love Oyakodon. I try to make it for him every couple months. It's in the rotation, for sure!

I don't cook Xmas (we do the Christmas Story dinner), but I am cooking Xmas eve this year. I'm still debating between a 7 fishes wine/garlic pasta (mussels, clams, squid, anchovies, sardines, shrimp, and fish broth) and a dairy-free meat lasagna. My mom got me high end dairy-free oils for Xmas, so we'll do bread to dip and a salad, but I'm still not sure which way I'm going.

Xmas is cinnamon rolls and coffee for breakfast, a cheese and fruit tray for the kids for lunch (and dairy-free lox and bagels with all the fixings for the adults), and the Peking Duck and fixings for dinner from the local Chinese place...dessert will be Xmas cookies and candy (and maybe pineapple mango lime dairy free fool if I don't look at the scale:))...

For actual Christmas day I have to stick with tradition and do ham, mashed potatoes & gravy, green bean casserole, and rolls because that's what my guys expect! I always ask if they want something different but nope- same thing! I vary the dessert that goes with it though.

TwoMisfits- we also always have cinnamon rolls for breakfast on Christmas morning. We used to open stockings while they're in the oven, but as the kids got older, I was up before them making them and then waiting till they finally woke up to pop them in the oven! We also do snack stuff for lunch.

We also do a take on the Christmas Story- we go out to eat Chinese on Christmas Eve before church. One time I was actually off work on Christmas Eve day and I was going to make this big nice meal- and the boys were like "What?!? We can't break tradition! We have to eat Chinese!"

DS1 will be home for actual Christmas for the first time in 4 years since he joined the Air Force, so that will be nice. He gets here tomorrow and won't have to leave till next Sat. Aside from the traditional Christmas Eve and Day meals, he's requested chicken supreme (it's a take on chicken cordon bleu I've been making forever), enchiladas, and Frito pie. We'll go out to eat one night he's here because there's a restaurant he misses, and I've got Hawaiian sliders that he loves planned for the other night.

Keep sharing your holiday meals guys!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter