Easy Summertime recipes

NewyorkOT

Earning My Ears
Let's start a thread on some simple summertime easy recipes. It can be for drinks, dips, marinades, appetizers-anything.

Patsa Salad

1 bag of spiral noodles
1 bottle of Italian dressing
1 small can of sliced olives
Brocolli
Cherry tomatoes
1 Bag pepperoni slices
Shredded mozerella cheese
Salt
Black Pepper

Cook the noodles and blanch the brocolli-drain both. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half, and the pepperonis in fours.
In a bowl, add in the noodles, can of olives, brocolli, cherry tomatoes, and pepperoni. Start by adding in 1/2 the bottle of dressing, salt, black pepper, and a handful of cheese. Mix. If you would like to add in more dressing, salt, pepper, and cheese, you may do so. Chill and serve.

I love pasta salad.......here is a hint to do in the summer......when you have the grill heated up......make extra hamburgers and hotdogs and freeze them later......then when you want a hamburger off the grill.......take out of the freezer and warm up in the microwave.......its like having a cookout when you least suspect it....

Ice Cream Jello

2 boxes -(3oz.) Strawberry jello
1 box-(1oz.) Lemon jello
3 cups hot water
2 envs. unflavored gelatin
1 qt. vanilla ice cream

In a large bowl, mix the gelatin, strawberry and lemon jello together. Add in the hot water and stir until it is completely dissolved. Add in the ice cream and stir until it is melted. Place the mixture in a 9x13 size pan and refrigerate.

I just whipped this up years ago for a party, and got rave reviews. Now I get requests for it :rotfl:

1 can condensed Bean & Bacon soup
1 tub Sour cream (8 to 16 oz, depends on how thin you want it)
hot sauce to taste - optional

Empty the soup into a small bowl.
Stir the soup to loosen it up, mashing some, or all, of it.
Blend in the sour cream and hot sauce.
Serve with chips, corn chips, pretzels..... :stir:

I really love this "Amazing 'Eat More Veggies' Bean Salad! I got the recipe from my other obsession.. youtube :teeth: It is supper easy, don't let the list fool you.

You will need...
2 cans of beans in water (your preference. I use red kidney and black beans)
1 large bell pepper
1 apple
2-3 celery stalks
2 tomatoes
Fresh herbs (I love cilantro)
One half to 1 whole cucumber
100g Feta cheese
1 whole onion (red, white, or several spring onions)

Dressing:
a good splash of extra virgin olive oil
2 Tablespoons apple vinegar
salt & pepper
1-2 Teaspoons Tabasco sauce
2-3 Tablespoons plain white yogurt
dash of lemon juice

Chop all the vegetables, fruit and herbs and put in a large bowl, add the lemon juice to prevent the apple from oxidizing. Remove the seeds from the cucumber before chopping. Rinse the beans with water in a colander and add on top. Crumble Feta cheese on top. Stir dressing in directly and mix well, let the salad sit for maybe 10 minutes to marinate. Adjust with salt, pepper and Tabasco sauce. This will keep in the fridge for about two to three days.

Rancho Beans

1 can Kidney Beans (Drained)
1 can Navy Beans (Drained)
1 can Pork and Beans
1 can Baked Beans (not Grandma Browns)
1lb ground beef
1/4 cup diced white onion
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1/8 tsp Salt
1 cup Katsup
2 tbsp Cider Vinegar

1. In large sauce pan, heat oil and add diced onion. Saute onion until softened. Crumble ground beef and brown until no longer pink.
2. Add in the rest of the ingredients and cook on the stove top for 10 minutes.
3. Transfer contents to oven safe casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. or
Alternate 3. Transfer contents to Crockpot and heat through. Serve warm.

This is a family favorite for cookouts and get togethers. The alternate works best for traveling or preparing the night prior.
Enjoy.

I stumbled on this board by accident. But I will throw in an easy summer dish.

Tortellini Salad, I don't have a specific recipe to link because when I cook I just throw things together that I have in the house. But this is what I do:

2 bags of tri colored tortellini (or plain if that's all they have)
1 diced up cucumber
1 pint sliced grape tomatoes
1/2 chopped red onion
approx 1 cup feta cheese
1 bottle caesar dressing.

Cook the tortellini until done, chill under cool water, add all ingredients and enjoy.

This is my family's "go-to" summer dish . . . we can't wait to make it on the grill every summer, but have made it on the stove as well.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/spicy-barbecued-shrimp-skewers-recipe/index.html

Spicy Barbecue Shrimp Skewers:
Ingredients
1/4 cup vegetable or olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves, plus more, for garnish
1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon light brown sugar or honey
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 lime, juiced
2 pounds large shrimp, peeled

Directions
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the shrimp and the relish mix well to combine. Add the shrimp to the seasoning paste, and toss to thoroughly coat with the seasoning mixture. Let the shrimp sit in the seasoning mixture while you prepare the grill.

Prepare a grill and thread the shrimp onto 4 or 6 metal skewers (depending on their size)*. Place shrimp skewers on the grill and cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until the shrimp turn pink and are lightly charred on both sides. Do not overcook!

Black Bean Relish:
4 cups cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups cooked corn kernels, cut from the cob
1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
2 large cloves garlic, minced or 1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely minced
1/2 bunch scallions (green onions), minced
1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
2 limes, juiced
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients and stir to mix well. Season the black bean relish with salt and pepper, and set aside at least 1/2 hour before serving with the shrimp. Finish the black bean relish with the chopped cilantro.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter