• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DxDDP and the summer months

MPHARJ

DIS Veteran
The past few years we have always done just the DDP, some days we were good others still hungry some days not at all. OPted for DxDDp this year, not sure why except there are so many places we never tried. So who else is doing the DX plan this year over the summer when it is so hot and what are your ADR's like, just want to make sure mine seem to be ok and are spaced out enough I know we don't have to eat everything or order everything. Just need some reassurance! TIA!

We are doing the DxDDP this summer. We have a Breakfast schedule around 8 or 8:30 every day. Lunch is around 1 or 2 pm and our dinner will be around 8:00 pm each evening.

So we were able to space it out so we could enjoy our meals.

Im going Deluxe this July (did it 2 years ago in July as well.) My reservations:

July 11- 50's Primetime 2pm
Hollywood Brown Derby 8:15pm
July 12- Cape May 7:40am
Beaches and Cream (2pm ish, can't make reservations there)
Garden Grill 7:25 PM
July 13- Snack Credits a Beach Club Marketplace in morning
Yak and Yeti 11am
Afternoon snack at pool
Kouzzina 8:15pm
July 14- Snack Credits at Boardwalk Bakery in morning
Liberty Tree Tavern 11:30am
Cape May Clambake 5:15pm
Fireworks Dessert Party 9pm (OOP)
July 15- 1900 Park Fare 9:45 am
Snacks at Goofy's Candy Company
Flying Fish 6:25 Pm
July 16- Akershus 8am
Biergarten 12:30pm
Grab Snacks from France or Beach Club Marketplace to snack on
while we ride to the Airport

Yeah we probably won't order everything we can and I'm okay with that. I like experiencing all the different restaurants without worrying about the cost and I hate Counterservice.

We're going deluxe this Sept. (Hey it's still hot).
Sept 1st Chef Mickey for bfst & Grand Floridian Cafe for dinner

Sept 2nd CRT for bfst & BYBBQ for dinner

Sept 3rd Cape May for bfst, Whispering Canyon for lunch, Biergarten for dinner

Sept 4th Sci Fi for early lunch & HDDR for dinner

Sept 5th Crystal Palace for bfst & Chef Mickey for dinner

Sept 6th Donald's Safari Breakfast then heading home......

Thank you all for your responses, gives me some reassurance. I just know in past years being on DDP I was so tired of CS after a few days. Here is what our ADR's look like I am pretty sure I have them spaced out far enough like some of you have done. Although I would have loved to do some signature dining, I am a little concerned about my kids not being adventerous enough at some of them. they can be, but not all the time.

July
21 HDDR 2130
22 Wolfgang Puck 1330 Teppan Edo 2030
23 Cape May Cafe 0850 Sci-Fi 1330 The Wave 1930
24 Tusker House 0930 Yak and Yeti 1430 San Angel Inn 2030
25 Princess Storybook 0830 Rose and Crown 1315 Le Cellier 1925
26 Playhouse Disney 0805 Mama Melrose 1330 Raglan Road 2000
27 Tony's Town Square 1140 Biergarten 1930
28 Capn Jacks 1345 'Ohana 2010 401459110321
29 Crystal Palace 1020 Garden Grill 1735

Some are new, some are favorites, eliminated some favorites too to add some new ones. Not sure I'll want to get up early so many days for breakfast, but we'll see. Thanks again!

Our dining plans are about the same from our april, june and oct trip. We are up early and eat breakfast between 7:30-8am, usually doing a character meal inside the park before rope drop. Lunch is around 11:45-12:30 and dinner is around 5:30-6:30. My boys eat 3 meals a day, and with all the walking and pushing them in the stroller, I'm usually famished!!

Last June we did the DxDP and loved it. We like TS meals and love character meals, so we tried some new places and some new entrees that I would not have done paying it OOP. It's hot in June, so we used lots of our snack credits on drinks, ice creams, smoothies. It is a lot of food if you eat every last bite. I experimented with different apptz and desserts.

This April, I wanted to try the regular DP and try out some CS places, plus save a little money. I got tired of the CS offerings and did not like waiting in long lines with 2 little boys and then trying to fight for a clean open table. I'm glad we tried it, but for us, it's back to the DxDP for our next trip.

Have a great trip!!

We're doing the DxDP as well this summer. :thumbsup2 Had my TA upgrade us last week before our trip in June. Mainly doing it because we like doing a lot of TS meals in the summer to have a cool place to sit and rest while dining. As a rule, I don't do CS unless it's at a resort because the CS places in the parks are usually a zoo. :scared1:

We alternate between 2-3 TS meals per day in August using the DXDDP. If we do a signature dinner, we skip lunch and enjoy those snack credits! We have a big breakfast between 7:00-7:30, lunch between 12:00 - 1:00 and dinner around 7:00ish. It works great for us!

Thank you every one I feel better about opting for the DxDDP this year. I don't mind a few counter service meals from time to time but can't do it all week as we have in the past. We usually go for 10 days, this year we will only be there for 91/2 days and 3 days at US afterwards, where we will be eating 2 days of counter service, paid ahead for the eat all day I like to have thins paid for ahead of time. It will be so nice to sit and know you have a seat. Like a few of you have said I hate waiting in line for CS at the parks, trying to juggle your trays through all the people, especially drinks with no lids and try to find a table. I feel much better now!:thumbsup2

We are doing deluxe in July and mainly have breakfast and a signature dinner or dinner show each day OR space our meals out. I ave left some flexibility by not booking 4 credits. This way we can do room service one night and play a couple of meals by ear. We did te deluxe plan last June and I think it's the best way to go. If you plan well, it's the best value IMHO. And I plan on getting salads as my appetizer as often as I can, too. Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter