• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC point renting options

I rented from DVC Rental Store for the first time for a trip that isn't for another 8 months so I can only tell half the story, but the booking process was great. I put in my request before the 11 month window opened and the person I was working with had a reminder to email me the day that it did so I didn't even have to keep track! They also don't require a deposit like David's does just to look at availability. Their rental points tool is also very useful.

Depending on how the actual stay goes I plan to use them for many future trips.

I tried out the DVC rental store yesterday. they were a bit higher than david's but the no deposit and you can pay it off later.

I've gone with both David's and DVC Rental store. I personally prefer DVC Rental Store because of the no deposit to look and then you can pay in portions, rather than the entirety at booking. Both were wonderful though and I wouldn't hesitate to use either.

I rented from DVC Rental Store for the first time for a trip that isn't for another 8 months so I can only tell half the story, but the booking process was great. I put in my request before the 11 month window opened and the person I was working with had a reminder to email me the day that it did so I didn't even have to keep track! They also don't require a deposit like David's does just to look at availability. Their rental points tool is also very useful.

Depending on how the actual stay goes I plan to use them for many future trips.

We decided to go with DVC Rental Store as well. David's upped their prices and now they are both the same price. It really worked for us not having to pay the full amount right now.

I'm curious, how did it work out getting your choices? Were you able to get your 1st Choice, contacting them 11 months out? I'm a little more than 11 months out now and have already been in contact with an agent. She was very helpful and said she would put us on her calendar to get our request in. I'm hoping we get our 1st Choice!

so true!! We rented 3 times - found DVC owners here on Disboards and had good experiences all 3 times. Tried to rent points last January for a weekend trip to watch my daughter dance at UDA Nationals held in Disney but all the DVC studios were sold out that weekend. We ended up staying at AoA, which was ok, but definitely not like a DVC resort! We came home from that trip and bought our own DVC 2 weeks later lol

We normally stay at the value resorts..idk how i will ever go back. I would literally cry :sad:

....and this is the TRUE risk of renting:rotfl2:.

We decided to go with DVC Rental Store as well. David's upped their prices and now they are both the same price. It really worked for us not having to pay the full amount right now.

I'm curious, how did it work out getting your choices? Were you able to get your 1st Choice, contacting them 11 months out? I'm a little more than 11 months out now and have already been in contact with an agent. She was very helpful and said she would put us on her calendar to get our request in. I'm hoping we get our 1st Choice!

That will depend on what you are looking for and when you are looking for it, as well as if the DVC Rental Store has a home resort owner with points who wants to rent. For some resorts, there are far more people who want that resort as a rental than owners who are looking to rent their points.

I used The DVC Rental Store, and Sarah Pitts has been my agent. She is awesome. I put my request in January and it took them about 12 days to secure a reservation at Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows (Standard View Deluxe Studio Villa) over labor day weekend this year. I was able to pay half up front and can pay the other half later (there give you a cut off before your trip begins)

We are so pumped to be staying near MK.:mickeyjum

Last edited:
We have a reservation through DVC Rental store. Made the request in February for early August trip, studio-had option of AKV (Kidani or Jumbo), BWV, OKW and SSR. Really didn't expect to have that many options!! Went with SSR as we want to be closer to Disney springs this trip. Very responsive to questions!

Has anyone tried booking the last minute deals that either of the above mentioned dvc brokers send out?
Wondering if you have to jump on the deal right that minute..

Has anyone tried booking the last minute deals that either of the above mentioned dvc brokers send out?
Wondering if you have to jump on the deal right that minute..
Speaking from an owner's perspective, I can pretty much say that you won't have much to choose from with those last-minute deals. You would have to be extremely flexible with your dates and resort choices. There might not be any studios left, which means you will need more than 2X the number of points if all you can only get is a 1- or 2-bedroom villa when a studio is all you really wanted. And you may have to change resorts multiple times during your stay if there are gaps in availability. For the most part, they're a great deal for people who live close enough to drive (no expensive last-minute airfare), are only interested in a couple of weeknights, and don't have their hearts set on staying in a specific resort.

Last edited:
I have rented form David's and DVC Store and both were great experiences. My only minor complaint was lack of availability for what I wanted but it really is luck of the draw with timing.

I am curious...we have a request in at one of the mentioned brokers. I am now finding out our request may be difficult to find. (I guess Poly members don't like to rent their points since they are so new---I didn't know this when I requested) Does anyone know if I can put in another request at another broker and see which one finds my reservation first? Widen my options to find a Poly owner willing to rent (I understand I run the chance of them finding me a reservation at the same time....but really the chances are slim) I looked through my "contract" with the other broker and I see no mention of this. I just want to make sure I don't break any rules. TIA!

I am curious...we have a request in at one of the mentioned brokers. I am now finding out our request may be difficult to find. (I guess Poly members don't like to rent their points since they are so new---I didn't know this when I requested) Does anyone know if I can put in another request at another broker and see which one finds my reservation first? Widen my options to find a Poly owner willing to rent (I understand I run the chance of them finding me a reservation at the same time....but really the chances are slim) I looked through my "contract" with the other broker and I see no mention of this. I just want to make sure I don't break any rules. TIA!

I don't see why not. just keep in mind, some companies require a deposit and some are more expensive. I am looking at AKL for Jan, while DVC store doesn't require a deposit or a full payment, it is $260 more expensive than David's. see what works for you.

I don't see why not. just keep in mind, some companies require a deposit and some are more expensive. I am looking at AKL for Jan, while DVC store doesn't require a deposit or a full payment, it is $260 more expensive than David's. see what works for you.

Thanks, I am just curious as to how you came up with that? When I used David's cost calculator and DVC Store, they were both exactly the same.

Hoping to try renting points for the first time soon. My husband and I want to do a trip Sept 2018 for my birthday, and I have my heart set on Boardwalk (hoping to get a studio). I was thinking of going through one of the brokers, but based on these comments and other comments on the board, I think I may try finding an owner and renting directly from them. Cross your fingers for me! :)

Thanks, I am just curious as to how you came up with that? When I used David's cost calculator and DVC Store, they were both exactly the same.

I contacted DVC store and they gave me a quote.

EDIT: dvc rental store not dvc store

I contacted DVC store and they gave me a quote.

EDIT: dvc rental store not dvc store

Oh OK. Both my quotes were the same from both companies, you probably caught David's before they made the their price increase :cool1: They are both at 17 pts 11 months out now.

Renting from an owner who answered my request on a website. Provided a contract, required 10% up front, 40% at booking, and 50% 1 month out. Accepts payment through PayPal, stays in touch every couple of weeks, provided references, and was $2 less per point than the rental sites. I'm renting a large number of points in June 2018. Couldn't me more pleased.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter