DVC Owners Among Us?

I'm with you there. I never did get the pin thing ... perhaps flashes of Beanie Babies. But hey... they can be a fun way to meet people I guess. We all have our vices... mine is collecting mugs. I am "not allowed" to acquire any more mugs. At least pins are small enough to be kept in the main house. My poor mugs are relegated to Rubbermaid containers in the basement. :guilty:

Psychometrika said:
I'm with you there. I never did get the pin thing ... perhaps flashes of Beanie Babies. But hey... they can be a fun way to meet people I guess. We all have our vices... mine is collecting mugs. I am "not allowed" to acquire any more mugs. At least pins are small enough to be kept in the main house. My poor mugs are relegated to Rubbermaid containers in the basement. :guilty:

Oh....don't get me wrong...I am DEFINITELY not immune to the vice of collecting.......you should see my RIDICULOUS Tigger collection.....most people who see it think I need some form of OCD medication!! Of course...I shudder to refer to anything related to Tigger a vice...but still...my poor hubby wonders if won't soon need to rent an apartment....FOR TIGGER!! :tigger: :rotfl2:

tig82174 said:
Oh my goodness.....I must confess that as horribly addicted and obsessed with Disney as I am....I have never fully "gotten" the pin thing :) .

I have about 30 or more Tigger pins...but that's a TIGGER thing :tigger:, not a Disney pin thing. I think maybe on the TransAtlantic cruise in May---when we're out to sea for days at a stretch in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean---that Padalyn (who is also booked on the TransAtlantic...YEAH!! :cheer2: :cheer2: ) will have to teach a brief seminar on all things pins to bring Jason and I into the fold!! :lmao:

:tigger:

Oh my - I am still new to pin trading myself - however - my "mother-in-law" who I am traveling with is an expert! My hunny got me into this - it is actually a lot of fun...when I went to WDW alone I actually spent a HUGE amount of time just wandering the parks looking for pins I didn't have. I collect Pooh - but also will just trade pins for the sake of "trading up". I am sure there will be other traders onboard as well. I am not planning to bring my trade books along due to the weight thing (the 2 weight over 15 pounds together) I have much better uses for the weight allowance. I will bring some pins to trade from lanyards, but the cruise staff seldom wear them.

As far as space goes...well - I have about 15 frames on the walls and am out of space. Between the art (Michael Godard is AMAZING!!!) and the Willardson I bought on the Panama cruise, and the Cirque du Soleil posters (8 of 'em), and the Lenox collectables - well you get the picture (pun intended!) - if you want to see a great set of paintings try www.dontdrinkanddraw.com (yea that is the website). Michael Godard started as a graphic artist, and somehow he began painting - he has work at the Whelan gallery at the BWVs if one wants to see them personally. I like the olive art - take a look!

Does this mean I have to buy a bigger place? My condo is 2 bedrooms with huge wall space. (one wall is 40 feet long - and covered!!!)

padalyn said:
Oh my - I am still new to pin trading myself - however - my "mother-in-law" who I am traveling with is an expert! My hunny got me into this - it is actually a lot of fun...when I went to WDW alone I actually spent a HUGE amount of time just wandering the parks looking for pins I didn't have. I collect Pooh - but also will just trade pins for the sake of "trading up". I am sure there will be other traders onboard as well. I am not planning to bring my trade books along due to the weight thing (the 2 weight over 15 pounds together) I have much better uses for the weight allowance. I will bring some pins to trade from lanyards, but the cruise staff seldom wear them.

As far as space goes...well - I have about 15 frames on the walls and am out of space. Between the art (Michael Godard is AMAZING!!!) and the Willardson I bought on the Panama cruise, and the Cirque du Soleil posters (8 of 'em), and the Lenox collectables - well you get the picture (pun intended!) - if you want to see a great set of paintings try www.dontdrinkanddraw.com (yea that is the website). Michael Godard started as a graphic artist, and somehow he began painting - he has work at the Whelan gallery at the BWVs if one wants to see them personally. I like the olive art - take a look!

Does this mean I have to buy a bigger place? My condo is 2 bedrooms with huge wall space. (one wall is 40 feet long - and covered!!!)

OOOH Padalyn I like you more and more all the time! Are you a Cirque du Soleil nut, too? I absolutely ADORE them! We have a bunch of Cirque posters in our condo as well. Which shows have you seen?

I've seen tons.....and, in fact, I have some personal connections with the Cirque world. I am a former gymnast (still a part time gymnastics and tumbling coach to this day, actually) and I have many friends who have performed in Cirque shows...and I also work professionally in the field of queer health and HIV---and through that work I have also had opportunity to meet and work with Matthew Cusick, the out gay and HIV+ gymnast was was discriminatorily fired by Cirque because of his HIV status and challenged them and won.

We're gonna have tons of fun talking on the cruise!! :)

200 points at VWL since 2001, best decision I ever made!
Going back this December with my sister. Next year, (bio) family reunion!

tig82174 said:
OOOH Padalyn I like you more and more all the time! Are you a Cirque du Soleil nut, too? I absolutely ADORE them! We have a bunch of Cirque posters in our condo as well. Which shows have you seen?

I've seen tons.....and, in fact, I have some personal connections with the Cirque world. I am a former gymnast (still a part time gymnastics and tumbling coach to this day, actually) and I have many friends who have performed in Cirque shows...and I also work professionally in the field of queer health and HIV---and through that work I have also had opportunity to meet and work with Matthew Cusick, the out gay and HIV+ gymnast was was discriminatorily fired by Cirque because of his HIV status and challenged them and won.

We're gonna have tons of fun talking on the cruise!! :)

HE HE HE - I think more of a fanatic would be a better description!!! I have seen:
La Nouba (of course!)
Alegria
Corteo
Delirium (GO SEE THIS SHOW!!! AMAZING!!!)
Dralion
Ka
Mystere
O
Varekai

I will miss Saltimbanko - since it is closing in Brazil - I have waited for 5 years - it will not be returning to the USA. I just can't find the time to fly there for the show. Plus the expense. :(

I did find out - there is a new show they plan to roll out in the spring - so I am waiting with bated breath!!

I highly reccomment Delirium and Ka if I had to pick 2 of the shows as MUST SEE. Ka is amazing - the stage cost $250,000.00 (yes million) to build - the show just blew my mind. I was babbling for hours about it!

Delirium is about the music - all the music. We are planning to see it again in Nov when it comes to NJ. Maybe we should all go together? If I recall correctly you are in Rochester???

padalyn said:
HE HE HE - I think more of a fanatic would be a better description!!! I have seen:
La Nouba (of course!)
Alegria
Corteo
Delirium (GO SEE THIS SHOW!!! AMAZING!!!)
Dralion
Ka
Mystere
O
Varekai

Delirium is about the music - all the music. We are planning to see it again in Nov when it comes to NJ. Maybe we should all go together? If I recall correctly you are in Rochester???

Very cool! Yes we're in Rochester, NY. I've seen La Nouba, Alegria, Corteo, Mystere, O (my favorite), Quidam and Varekai. My friend was in the original production of Varekai and was on that Bravo TV Reality show "The Fire Within" (I think that is what they called it) that was all about the making of that show.

There is a Cirque rip-off show comign to Upstate NY in Nov. that we might go see. It's called "Cirque Dreams: Jungle Fantasy" but I don't think it's affiliated with Cirque du Soleil in any way....but we still might go see it because it looks to have similar staging, acts, etc.

I really want to get to Las Vegas and see Zoomanity, too.

Wow. You must be the original Cirque fan. There's a Chinese version coming too... Cirque something or other, not affiliated with the now original franchise.

Zumanity in Vegas is tres interesting. It is, in fact, the only one I've ever seen. The guy that bends his body into various pretzel shapes really creeped/freaked me out. It was like a science fiction movie in real life. I paid extra for front row seats. I'm glad I didn't have a full stomach.

I'll admit it was interesting, though not as .... ahem ... as they bill it in Vegas. Pretty much the same thing as everything else but with the inclusion of a lesbian kiss and a couple guys holding hands.

I'm not a real fan of the franchise, but it was fun... and the theater was TRES AWESOME.

I do need to get back to Vegas - Zumanity does interest me - but I want to see KA again...amazing!! Plus a story line that is truely easy to understand. I was so lucky - I went to a class that the government paid for - they paid my airfare and hotel...I got to see as many shows as I could fit in. Thus the 3 I did see. I wasn't up for 3 shows in a row. I saw O then was out of the city for 5 days, then saw the others. The 3rd would have been overload :)

This year alone I have seen 5 shows. that is enough for a while (HA!! Believe that and I will sell you a bridge - cheap!)

Last year at the Party for the Senses the La Nouba characters were there - it was VERY neat getting to see them up close and personal. The guy on the unicycle is SOOOO short!! I am 5'5" and I towered over him.

I thought about seeing the knock-off show Jungle Dreams, so far I haven't.

Psychometrika - I saw your tag line...how many calories? well - lemme tell you about a NEW krispy treat I found at the MK. It was about 12" (yea a foot) across!! It took me a week to eat it all!! I may have overdosed...I am not sure. Took almost that long to get over the sugar high (HE HE)

tig82174 said:
Very cool! Yes we're in Rochester, NY. I've seen La Nouba, Alegria, Corteo, Mystere, O (my favorite), Quidam and Varekai. My friend was in the original production of Varekai and was on that Bravo TV Reality show "The Fire Within" (I think that is what they called it) that was all about the making of that show.

There is a Cirque rip-off show comign to Upstate NY in Nov. that we might go see. It's called "Cirque Dreams: Jungle Fantasy" but I don't think it's affiliated with Cirque du Soleil in any way....but we still might go see it because it looks to have similar staging, acts, etc.

I really want to get to Las Vegas and see Zoomanity, too.

I want to say thanks for reminding me about the Corning Glass thing..we did go - it was fun - we got to make sandblasted glasses...well - hunny managed to find a way to make mickey's from the stickers they provided!! So, we have very personal tumblers for sipping a "beverage" from!!

If you do decide to come this way to see Delirium - please let me know I am definately going to see it again. It is in E Rutherford for 2 nights in Nov (8 and 9 I think).

I also forgot Quidam - I have seen it (in Phili this summer). I have seen 10 of the shows (I think htere are 13 total now)

Your friend was in "the fire within"? that is SO cool. I am so non-athletic it is sad. I used to work out a lot - but got old and lost interest. Now I just think about it and get tired...plus working 60hr a wekk doesn't help :rolleyes:

How else would I pay for all these trips???

one week...I just can't wait to get out of NJ!!! BWV here I come!!
I am going to the pin event in epcot - it is going to be fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter