DVC exchange statistics for 1998 - 2013 info

I don't think this would be a problem. She and her husband are not the least bit shy or reserved about such things. Having the time and/or remembering to do it is of course an entirely different matter.

bumping because I updated the data to include the 2007 calendar year audit. No real changes overall other than a slight upward trend on the number of II exchanges.

Dean,

Thanks always for the update. Could you verify the Club Cordial success rate (shown as 575.4%)?

MODS: Please allow this thread to remain open. I understand your discouraging the resurrecting of old threads -- but this thread's history is part of its value.

Dean,

Thanks always for the update. Could you verify the Club Cordial success rate (shown as 575.4%)?

MODS: Please allow this thread to remain open. I understand your discouraging the resurrecting of old threads -- but this thread's history is part of its value.
Thanks, I'll correct it.

For the II exchanges, are these for both II owners trading into DVC and DVC owners trading into II???? Any info on # of months before arrival that an II ressie came through?? Trying to decide when to give up on a search and just book directly with what I know I can get.

thanks

For the II exchanges, are these for both II owners trading into DVC and DVC owners trading into II???? Any info on # of months before arrival that an II ressie came through?? Trying to decide when to give up on a search and just book directly with what I know I can get.

thanks
This info is related to DVC members trading out through II or BVTC. From my info the peaks for when most trades occur vary by region and even by resort. Overall you can see several peaks when you will match. For most it's a year out, 6 months out and 2 months out. Many times it's when the fees are due. For Marriott's it's 2 months, 6 mo, 12 & 13 months out. You must decide when to give up based on your personal situation and when it's no longer feasible to accept a given trade. Issues like air, esp FF miles, come into play. If you can position yourself to accept a trade within the 2 mo window you will dramatically increase your chances of success. Often a cancelable condo rental or hotel reservation can be a good option. What are you looking for?

Dean, thanks for the clarification and really appreciate your analysis. We're looking for south FL and the Caribbean next yr in Feb, April, June or Nov - the Hyatts in Key West, resorts in Captiva Island, Westin St John, and Atlantis Harborside. We don't care which one comes through or which month. But as you said, the problem is in needing to book flights as far in advance as possible in order to use FF miles or pay reasonable airfare.

Dean, thanks for the clarification and really appreciate your analysis. We're looking for south FL and the Caribbean next yr in Feb, April, June or Nov - the Hyatts in Key West, resorts in Captiva Island, Westin St John, and Atlantis Harborside. We don't care which one comes through or which month. But as you said, the problem is in needing to book flights as far in advance as possible in order to use FF miles or pay reasonable airfare.
Don't be surprised if you don't get anything from that list even if you're looking for a 1 BR and all weeks during those months. With II, there are few options that will match before 12 months out and not that many that will be available at the 330 mark when you need to do FF miles reservations. Plus with DVC you no longer have the option of holding a match while you check air fare although with II directly you now can for non DVC members. That's not to say you won't get something but I'd put a guess of around 20-30% as the chances of getting anything 1 BR or larger from that list even if you let it ride until 2 months out from Nov, 09. No harm done in looking though other than the air issue. You should likely look at a private trade with a Westin owner for Atlantis or a Hyatt owner for Key West or the SW coast of FL, etc. The most likely matches would be Captiva and Coconut Plantation for early Nov.

I have updated the first post with the 2008 data. II is only partial as no formal audit was apparently done due to the changeover.

Thanks Dean....I am really looking forward to seeing the 2009 exchange numbers. I am surprised by the amount of DVC availabilty in RCI vs to what I use to see in II.

Thanks Dean....I am really looking forward to seeing the 2009 exchange numbers. I am surprised by the amount of DVC availabilty in RCI vs to what I use to see in II.
Me too. I suspect DVC has done a fair amount of developer deposits, something they essentially never did in II. Also, the newness and fact that RCI members generally plan further ahead and thus had plans in place already for the time in question likely had an impact. RCI also has more strict trade power rules where II used resort quality as the main aspect in matching exchange requests.

Me too. I suspect DVC has done a fair amount of developer deposits, something they essentially never did in II. Also, the newness and fact that RCI members generally plan further ahead and thus had plans in place already for the time in question likely had an impact. RCI also has more strict trade power rules where II used resort quality as the main aspect in matching exchange requests.

Unfortunately for me, all of my resorts are II only, unlike some of the older Starwood resorts that are dual affiliated.

I noticed a big jump in numbers for Club Intrawest.

I wonder how much of that is related to the CI - Sandestin.

Thanks for the info Dean.

I noticed a big jump in numbers for Club Intrawest.

I wonder how much of that is related to the CI - Sandestin.

Thanks for the info Dean.
There was just as large a jump in II exchanges as CI. I doubt Sandestin has much to do with it. More likely a combo of more members being comfortable and the Developer Points.

I've updated the first post with the info I've been able to get from DVC. Unfortunately for RCI, what they provided was the overall RCI audit for the various components including RCI weeks, RCI points and the Registry Collection, not that of DVC's participation. I've asked for more info, we'll see what else they can provide.

Updated the 2010 audit information, unfortunately it's not very helpful where RCI is concerned.

Dean

Any more updates on RCI exchange stats?

Also, based on the your statement below, what would you say the success rate if they did not ignore the unused points?

They give a success rate of 82.7% but they get it in a different way than I would expect. They take the points used divided by points no longer usable. It ignores unused but still valid points and their outcome.

Tom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter