DREAM OCTOBER 14, 2012 4 Night Bahamas~If You Can DREAM it...

that is true!
now I'm thinking about halloween.
Halloween is my favorite! I've been thinking about family costumes off and on for a while now...

I've been thinking about FE gifts for a bit too.I think it would be fun to do. :upsidedow How do we do that?
My understanding is that each person/cabin in our group has to say if they want to do it or not and then we set some kind of dollar limit. Then the rest is up to the individual to figure out what to buy or make. I think we can decide on a theme too if we'd like.

Is anyone staying at WDW before or after? I'm thinking we will stay 3 days before the cruise.

My understanding is that each person/cabin in our group has to say if they want to do it or not and then we set some kind of dollar limit. Then the rest is up to the individual to figure out what to buy or make. I think we can decide on a theme too if we'd like.

Is anyone staying at WDW before or after? I'm thinking we will stay 3 days before the cruise.
I totally think we should do it. (The FE) Sounds like so much fun. :goodvibes
I think we're still staying one night after our cruise at WDW. Not sure whether or not we're going into the parks. But moms can confirm that. :)

So obviously I'm thinking there will be more people on this discussion the closer we get, but I'm a bit psycho in my advance planning urges... So I agree, I'd like to do the FE gifts.
Anyone planning to take anything to have the characters sign? I'm thinking a large vinylmation and a pillowcase. vinylmation for me, pillowcase for kiddo.

So obviously I'm thinking there will be more people on this discussion the closer we get, but I'm a bit psycho in my advance planning urges... So I agree, I'd like to do the FE gifts.
Anyone planning to take anything to have the characters sign? I'm thinking a large vinylmation and a pillowcase. vinylmation for me, pillowcase for kiddo.

So FE it is! If you'd like to PM me your info. I'll do the same. As for your planning urges I am the very same. I am SOOOOOOO excited about this trip!

I'm taking an autograph book for my little sister since she won't be able to go, and I found this 1950's Cinderella book that I have fallen in love with. Its really old and not in the best condition seeing as it came from this womans family's estate and it's little owners had a tradition of writing their names but I would love to hand that down to my child some day with Cinderella's signature in it

dsp_imga0059.jpg
dsp_imga0062_1303691006.jpg
dsp_imga0061_1303691002-1.jpg

dsp_imga0061_1303691002-1.jpg
dsp_imga0063_1303691010.jpg

dsp_imga0070.jpg

dsp_imga0069.jpg

dsp_imga0067.jpg

Hands down, I'm a traditionalist. I love Magic Kingdom. AK is a close 2nd though. We're DVC, so we've stayed at most all the resorts, but my fav is Bay Lake Towers. Favorite character is a tough call. It depends on how I'm feeling at the moment. I'm a cross of Tinkerbell and Eeyore, lol.
I'm glad I found a group for our cruise! I was reading some of the posts just for info and saw everyone talking about FE gifts, etc and thought how cool it would be to feel like I kinda know some people on the ship.
YAY!

WE are DVC as well... AKL is our home resort. I have not yet stayed at BLT yet. We haven't stayed at many of them, just Boardwalk and SSR and AKL and so far AKL is my favorite.

that is true!
now I'm thinking about halloween.

I've been thinking about FE gifts for a bit too.I think it would be fun to do. :upsidedow How do we do that?

As for the FE gifts... we did that on our last cruise. I don't think they set a limit but it was understood that it was a low cost item or items. They do it several ways I guess, such as one for teens, one for the younger or like we did, one for each cabin that is participating. We had a lot of fun with it. We had kid dismeets and pictures, we had adult dismeets and drinks, we had group dismeets. Some of them linked their dining ressies together as well. It was so nice to hang out at the clubs for a while with a few adults that you sort of knew. It was nice to see familiar faces around and feel like you weren't completely with strangers.

As for WDW before or after we are now not sure about that. My nephew is planning his wedding in Orlando either before or after our cruise so now all other plans are up in the air. We were hoping to go after and hopefully do MNSHP!

There should be a lot more people as we draw closer. Then all we do is everyone who is choosing to FE will send their info through PM and we make a list with names and cabin #'s. Everyone then gets a list etc.

As for taking something to get signed... I'm not sure. I haven't done it before but I might do a pillowcase. I saw some very pretty ones that you could purchase on ebay.

Looking at some other threads, I was going to add a list on page one with your info.

So if you send something like this I can add it. Who and ages, stateroom, dining rotation, FE yes or no, Disney cruise #

Momsof2boys(45) DP(52) DS(16) Daunt(57) DNephew(23) 12502, late dining, not sure on FE, Cruise #3

As for WDW before or after we are now not sure about that. My nephew is planning his wedding in Orlando either before or after our cruise so now all other plans are up in the air. We were hoping to go after and hopefully do MNSHP!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!

I mean, ahem. I think we should do that. :thumbsup2

What's the best tip you have heard about for cruising?

Hello - just booked our room
Been catching up on your thread.
Can you define FE? I assume it is an inexpensive gift to trade with those that want to participate?

As for the FE gifts... we did that on our last cruise. I don't think they set a limit but it was understood that it was a low cost item or items. They do it several ways I guess, such as one for teens, one for the younger or like we did, one for each cabin that is participating. We had a lot of fun with it. We had kid dismeets and pictures, we had adult dismeets and drinks, we had group dismeets. Some of them linked their dining ressies together as well. It was so nice to hang out at the clubs for a while with a few adults that you sort of knew. It was nice to see familiar faces around and feel like you weren't completely with strangers.

Can you define FE? I assume it is an inexpensive gift to trade with those that want to participate?

Welcome! The FE exchange is explained a little above. :)

:cheer2:Welcome! :cheer2:

Yes it is. FE stands for Fish Extender which is a little fish clip of sorts that is next to your door where the ship can leave invites or messages. People on the disboards have taken that a step further and made all sorts of fish extenders to hang from there that small token gifts could be left from other Dis'ers.

When we participated before, we got all kinds of things from candy and gum (which you have to pay for on the ships...actually not at all sure you can buy gum) to CDs of Disney music and homemade mini scrapbooks. Some people do things that are from their city/state/country and others do pirate or Disney theme. Ours was one per stateroom gifts but I have seen that others go all out and do one separate for the kids and teens.

Here is a picture of my bags all lined up and filled and ready to be delivered. I have to say it was so exciting to go back to the room and find some little bag/package waiting.

232323232fp53238_nu3343_495_669_WSNRCG3236_383_456nu0mrj.jpg

And here is a picture of our door and the fish... I just used a YOU GO GHOUL Halloween bag to mark the season. The lime green worked well.

fishextender.jpg

very helpful -thanks.
I would have never guessed FE stood for Fish Extenders.
thank for the pictues.
My two daughters would love this.
Please count us in.

:thumbsup2

Coolio13(47), DH (48), DD (14), DD (11), 10024, late dining, yes on FE, Disney Cruise #1

You are added to the first page. :thumbsup2
I thought when we did it that the kids would get the most enjoyment out of it until it began. I really loved getting things such as candies and specialities of other countries and states. It was very fun. I think your girls will love it too.

Today I am off to find some great pictures of the grand ship we are going to board!

Ok... Pirate night, how many of you will be dressing up?

Do you have any costume ideas?

Lets see some pictures of what you have in mind....

We did this on our last one.

food1.jpg

2 October's ago (1.5 years) we went to MK for MNSSHP
On the day of our tickets, we had appt. at the Pirate Boutique, next to PoC.
We brought pirate costumes and wore them all day.
The funny thing is, my husband bought a Capt. Jack hat with dreadlocks.
I'm not saying that he looks like Johnny Depp (darn!) but because we were in costume & make-up standing in front of PoC, there were guests that thought he was with MK, in character. Kids were coming up to him, and people were taking pictures from the distance. It was hilarious. You would think the fact that he was carrying a camera himself would give them a clue.
Anyway - we've got full pirate costumes. My older daughter will probably have out grown hers. I'll have to post a picture of us in costume.

2 October's ago (1.5 years) we went to MK for MNSSHP
On the day of our tickets, we had appt. at the Pirate Boutique, next to PoC.
We brought pirate costumes and wore them all day.
The funny thing is, my husband bought a Capt. Jack hat with dreadlocks.
I'm not saying that he looks like Johnny Depp (darn!) but because we were in costume & make-up standing in front of PoC, there were guests that thought he was with MK, in character. Kids were coming up to him, and people were taking pictures from the distance. It was hilarious. You would think the fact that he was carrying a camera himself would give them a clue.
Anyway - we've got full pirate costumes. My older daughter will probably have out grown hers. I'll have to post a picture of us in costume.

How fun! Sallyskellington is my future DIL and she is in college for costuming so I am sure that she will do us up nicely. I love that part of the cruise, and I loved MNSSHP. Looking forward to your picture.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter